Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 09:42 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,809,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
There is also a town that it is illegal to eat in your car in this particular NJ town. Some of these laws are ridiculous.
At least those people carry a liability insurance. Who pays for the clean up, car wash, and time wasted after running over a walkexter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
And people wonder why I view the government and politicians as a bunch of meddling buffoons who are either busybodies, sociopaths, corrupt, or all three.
Ever considered moving to a remote island that has no clues of a "society"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 09:50 AM

33,563 posts, read 18,147,060 times
If you are walking down the street where there are many people walking and you are not paying attention, they will walk right into you if you have no where to get out of the way .. Some people should stop and text.. why should they walk and knock someone down in their obsession with texting..

I saw an older woman who should have known better, texting with her phone up to her face. Her car was rolling in front of the entrance to a busy supermarket.. how dumb! The cones were in place with a message to give the pedestrians the right of way.. she would have run anyone over. She was not looking because she drove right past me as I was coming out.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:10 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,868,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Ever considered moving to a remote island that has no clues of a "society"?
No.

I'm just not like you who hasn't seen a law or regulation you haven't liked.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:21 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,809,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
No.

I'm just not like you who hasn't seen a law or regulation you haven't liked.
Let me know if I moan and groan about government being a problem as is your signature. You only show up with complaints.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:24 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,202,988 times
Someone might walk off a cliff--or fall into a fountain--if they text while walking.

Woman Falls Into Fountain at Mall While Texting and Walking - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies