Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2012, 05:32 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times

Advertisements

How's that Middle Scchool Mustache...you think it's dangerous to BE INFORMED!!!

Old 10-07-2012, 05:39 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,606,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
LOL. I'm informed enough to know that the benefits of a vaccinated society far out weigh the risks of vaccinating said society. It's not even close.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:47 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
More NAZI Cootie propaganda. You're endangering the herd. (lol)

Old 10-07-2012, 06:00 PM

1,403 posts, read 937,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Bet they will. Bet you anything. Bet they do it themselves when they get the chance. Bet you're the first one beating down your Dr's door if someone you know dies from something too.
Then they won't be my children in the sense I won't be responsible for what they do. That is their own choice when they hit 18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
and that somes up religion, in a amazingly stupid heartbreaking statement. Damn you science, damn you!
Its SUMS up and I am an atheist actually.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:08 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
I'm not an antivaccine individual; I was merely pointing out that they can cause sideeffects. Also, severe reactions are very rare but they still occur and I can understand how people that went through those experiences can become angry and vocal about it.
You cannot say they are rare without an accurate headcount, and we are not getting that. How do you prove that your childs immune system was compromised by a vaccine they are pushing? Especially if your child has had numerous vaccines in one jab. How do you know your childs condition will even be reported? Even if it is, and you get some money as compensation, how much is your childs health worth? How much is your own health worth?
You cannot leave this up to the industry to police themselves, and subject yourselves on blind trust. They will not be held responsible, the responsibility is all yours.
It is up to parents to have a voice and learn why they should question what is being done to their children. Medical treatment should not be based on faith, know what you are exposing yourself and your children to. They poopoo the risks, and think they are worth it. Is your health worth the extra time it takes to inivestigate? If not, just do what you are told, and hope for the best.
The wiser choice is to learn about health care as opposed to sick care. How to have a healthy immune system, so you aren't susceptible to whatever mutation is coming next.
If you take a step back, you will see they are fear-mongering. What happens after that? Your right to object are gone. Your children belong to the State. The end.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:15 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,606,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
More NAZI Cootie propaganda. You're endangering the herd. (lol)
Yeah because living in disease ridden 3rd world countries is soooooo awesome. Why are they disease ridden? I'll let you figure that one out on your own. herp derp.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:23 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
Yeah because living in disease ridden 3rd world countries is soooooo awesome. Why are they disease ridden? I'll let you figure that one out on your own. herp derp.
So not getting vaccinations will cause the US to sink into a diseased 3rd world now?
If that concerns you maybe you might want to do something about that approx 40+% living in poverty with little to no sanitation.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:29 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
Mostly because they lack clean water, sanitation, and adequate food.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:38 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
I'm not that old.

I get what you're saying. I simply don't think it's all just better diagnosis.

I think there is something causing it all.

Fragile X is completely different. A very good friend of mine has 3 FX kids. She's the carrier. It's hereditary. Autism? Not so much.
Sorry I overestimated your age!

Were special needs children mainstreamed into your classes when you were in elementary, middle or high school?

Autism is not a single gene disorder like Fragile X. However, children with Fragile X have autistic behaviors, as do children with Rett syndrome and tuberous sclerosis.

"Genetic" and "hereditary" are not the same thing, by the way. Down syndrome, for example, is genetic, but it is not inherited from the parents. It happens after the fertilized egg begins to divide. It could, of course, be passed to a child if a parent actually has Down, but most people with the condition do not reproduce.

Autism likely involves a confluence of multiple genes, some of which may come from one parent, some from the other, and some which happen without input from either parent (spontaneous mutations.) There is a similarity between Down syndrome in that increased maternal age predisposes to the abnormal cell division that produces trisomy 21, and increased paternal age is associated with autism, particularly girls with autism

NIMH · The New Genetics of Autism ? Why Environment Matters

If one of a set of identical twins is autistic, the other is likely to be also. There is an increased risk in full and half siblings.

So the best place to spend money on finding the cause of autism is genetic research. Spending more in search of a way to blame vaccines is wasteful and unproductive. Research money is scarce these days.

Newer brain imaging techniques (like the one featured in the Temple Grandin video I posted earlier), are beginning to define the physical differences in the brains of people with autism spectrum disorders. It is unlikely that exposure to a single simple environmental substance is going to account for those changes.

The problem is that if there are multiple genes involved, then no way is likely to become available in the near future to tell which families they are at risk or to diagnose it prenatally. That means that we should follow Dr. Grandin's advice to accept that people wit autism are not somehow defective but are people with different gifts that they should be taught to use to become productive members of society.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:54 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
I'm not an antivaccine individual; I was merely pointing out that they can cause side effects. Also, severe reactions are very rare but they still occur and I can understand how people that went through those experiences can become angry and vocal about it.
I understand. But other posters were implying that people are being railroaded into taking vaccines about which they were uninformed.

I just used your Walgreens experience to point out that there is no reason for anyone to take a vaccine without understanding its risks and benefits, just as we should understand the risks and benefits of any medication or medical treatment.

People forget that statistics apply to groups, not individuals. Low risk of a particular event happening does not mean that it will not happen to an individual. Sometimes we win medical lotteries that we wish we did not, such as my own son's leukemia, the first case his very experienced pediatrician had the displeasure to diagnose. That same pediatrician reminded us that for our son, the numbers were either 100% or 0% that he would survive, though the overall odds for his particular leukemia at that time were about 7 or 8 out of 10. All we could do was get him the best treatment possible and maximize the chance he would be one of the 7 or 8 and not one of the 2 or 3.

The people who object to children's vaccines are not really doing so because of fear of the real risks, though. Those risks are small. They persist because of fear of autism, which is not really a risk at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies