U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 05:54 PM

86,920 posts, read 102,401,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
No, I am aware of vaccine testing. However, everyone is an individual with varying response. Every situation is different. There are different variables.

You are assuming a "proper" immune response if you do not test for it. You simply do not know if you have a proper immune response on someone w/o testing for it. Very simple to understand.

Why do you not understand this? I would say you have problem with details and logic. You are making blanket absolute statements, which is ironic since you have accused others of this. Specifics matter.

I didn't say I believed what you stated in regard to vitamin D.

Yes the same is true for a vaccine.
Yes, everyone is an individual, however, these vaccines have been shown to be protective to a large majority at current doses. No vaccine is 100% effective, though some come quite close.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:03 PM

23,336 posts, read 28,138,757 times
Quote:
No, I am aware of vaccine testing. However, everyone is an individual with varying response. Every situation is different. There are different variables.

You are assuming a "proper" immune response if you do not test for it. You simply do not know if you have a proper immune response on someone w/o testing for it. Very simple to understand.

Why do you not understand this? I would say you have problem with details and logic. You are making blanket absolute statements, which is ironic since you have accused others of this. Specifics matter.

I didn't say I believed what you stated in regard to vitamin D.

Yes the same is true for a vaccine.
By your logic, every medication should be individually tested for the person who will be treated with it.

It is not necessary to test each individual's response to a vaccine to prove it worked for the individual.

Groups of people are tested during trials to show that the vaccine produces an adequate response. The vaccine can then be given to the population at large with a predictable result. It is not necessary to test each individual. That would be prohibitively expensive.

Women who are planning to get pregnant should be tested for antibodies to rubella. That is done because the consequences of being infected with rubella during pregnancy are so severe for the baby. But for the population at large, it is not necessary to test everyone for every vaccine preventable disease just to see whether they make antibodies. There is absolutely no scientific basis for doing that.

Your belief about vitamin D is up to you. You are welcome to it.

You can get the flu if you are vaccinated, but the risk of doing so is much less, and if you do get it, it tends to be less severe.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
I believe in individual choice, even in the market. The majority is about market share and mob rule. Vaccines are products.

I am well aware of the options and how this can play out. Homeschooling has been on the rise for sometime.

I stated that in regard to public school, they deserve their money back if they will not be served.
Got no problem with that either. States do offer exemptions, though this varies.
Actually, a good deal of the tax money for schools comes from people who do not have children in the schools. Folks who choose private schools or homeschooling for reasons not related to vaccines still pay taxes.

Should someone who sends his child to private school not pay school taxes? Someone whose children are adults? People who are childless?

I fail to see what the market has to do with choice to vaccinate.

The people who set school policy are by and large elected. They are your neighbors. You consider them a "mob"?

If you want to change policy on school vaccine exemption, elect people who feel as you do.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:45 PM

2,287 posts, read 3,923,727 times
IF there's a God.. IF God has a face and IF God has a palm, when He reads this thread he'll apply one to the other on a regular basis.

Katiana, I don't always agree with you on the Pittsburgh board, but I hope I don't come out as crazy there as some posters do here..

GuyNTexas -- do you have anything on polio? Yeah... that's what I thought.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:47 PM

9,066 posts, read 5,598,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

If you want to change policy on school vaccine exemption, elect people who feel as you do.
The ill gotten Hundreds of Billions of dollars by the criminal corrupt medical and pharmaceutical establishment allows them to spend the Millions needed to ensure policies favor them, rather than the people.

These vaccine policies are not decided on the local level, and your insinuation that it is is a blatant fraud. These decisions are made at the National level, by the criminal elite which are hand selected and presented to the public as candidates. They are bought and paid for long before anyone has a chance to vote, and therefore, your advice about voting is just a void of legitimacy as is your advocacy of vaccines.

What we need is less sheep, and more thinking people. That starts with real education, using the truth instead of a pack of lies.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-15-2012 at 05:47 AM..

Old 10-14-2012, 07:03 PM

86,920 posts, read 102,401,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyg View Post
IF there's a God.. IF God has a face and IF God has a palm, when He reads this thread he'll apply one to the other on a regular basis.

Katiana, I don't always agree with you on the Pittsburgh board, but I hope I don't come out as crazy there as some posters do here..

Well, that Pittsburgh board is a place where people express strong opinions! You're one of the moderates over there.

Back on topic.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:06 PM

9,066 posts, read 5,598,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyg View Post

Why? You just wanna skip over the Smallpox issues? I can certainly understand why ... because you can't challenge the truth, so like all who have an allergy to honesty, you want to change the subject. SO SORRY to disappoint your barney, but I've got more on Polio vaccine than I do on the smallpox fraud. But try addressing the smallpox points first .... otherwise, you must be considered another of the deliberate deceivers, and will be treated accordingly.

As a teaser, the Polio vaccine actually infected between 100-200 Million Americans with cancer viruses, prior to the discovery of them, which may explain the explosion of cancer over the past 50 years. This fact was even admitted ON TAPE by the late Maurice Hilleman, Chief Virologist for Merck, who discovered the viruses in the vaccine on the shelves at Merck. This is well documented in the paper authored by Hilleman, titled "The Detection of Undetectable Viruses", so you're going to have the same problem here as you do with the smallpox issues ... actually, worse .... there are only written documents from the smallpox evidence .... with the Polio vaccine, there is AUDIO AND VIDEO evidence. So if I were a deceiver and a con artist, and I wanted to deliberately try to refute facts ... I'd go after the written evidence, and leave the Audio/Video evidence alone.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
The ill gotten Hundreds of Billions of dollars by the criminal corrupt medical and pharmaceutical establishment allows them to spend the Millions needed to ensure policies favor them, rather than the people.

These vaccine policies are not decided on the local level, and your insinuation that it is is a blatant fraud. These decisions are made at the National level, by the criminal elite which are hand selected and presented to the public as candidates. They are bought and paid for long before anyone has a chance to vote, and therefore, your advice about voting is just a void of legitimacy as is your advocacy of vaccines.

What we need is less sheep, and more thinking people. That starts with real education, using the truth instead of a pack of lies.

And it wouldn't hurt if we had less wannabe sheep herders like you helping to continue deceiving your fellow sheep.
Could you cite the federal law that dictates local school policy on vaccines, please?

Old 10-14-2012, 10:11 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,181,726 times
I totally think Autism is linked to Vaccines.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:44 PM

8,487 posts, read 5,892,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
By your logic, every medication should be individually tested for the person who will be treated with it.

It is not necessary to test each individual's response to a vaccine to prove it worked for the individual.

Groups of people are tested during trials to show that the vaccine produces an adequate response. The vaccine can then be given to the population at large with a predictable result. It is not necessary to test each individual. That would be prohibitively expensive.

Women who are planning to get pregnant should be tested for antibodies to rubella. That is done because the consequences of being infected with rubella during pregnancy are so severe for the baby. But for the population at large, it is not necessary to test everyone for every vaccine preventable disease just to see whether they make antibodies. There is absolutely no scientific basis for doing that.

Your belief about vitamin D is up to you. You are welcome to it.

You can get the flu if you are vaccinated, but the risk of doing so is much less, and if you do get it, it tends to be less severe.
Actually no, you miss the point. I did not say everyone should be tested. Money comes into play, that however, doesn't have any relationship to the facts of your claim.

I made my comments in regard to your claim, that vaccines prevent disease, which you stated as fact. On the surface by definition this is clearly untrue. However, in regard to your stated "logic", I am pointing out that assumptions are not fact either.

The only way to substantiate your stated logic, regarding a proper response, is to test for it. Otherwise you are assuming. Assumption is not normally referred to as a fact. To "prove" a vaccine "worked" for an individual, yes you would need some kind of test, otherwise you are assuming. I can't even believe you would make such a statement. In the end you could still get sick.

Science has little to do with such a "basis", money does. Science is just a method. Certainly, there could be many valid scientific reasons to test individuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies