U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-15-2012, 07:18 PM
 
6,335 posts, read 2,693,567 times
Reputation: 2334

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
That's why we need to elect Libertarian candidates. They ARE different.
As it is now, we have Big Government Fascists, that are taking our freedoms and liberties away one step at a time.

"Each side" in the house claims to represent one of the two sides, in "America" in order to play divide and conquer, when they do not represent either side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-15-2012, 07:29 PM
 
19,098 posts, read 12,221,591 times
Reputation: 10480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I find it humorous that people still think that either political crime family is the answer to our problems. They are one in the same and the only difference is which way they screw us.

The ONLY thing they are concerned about is staying in power. They are going to tell us anything we want to hear, bring up inane "wedge issues" such as gays, guns, god in order to divide the electorate and FOOL us into voting for a continuation of the status quo.

When I hear the useful idiots of the republican or democratic party spout off about how "if only...." I know we are doomed. If people don't realize what these political parties are doing I have no hope for the future.

I am sure people rationalize that voting for the lesser of two evils is "winning" - wake up! What we have now is over 100 years of "winning"...

Agreed. I am a political conservative, but feel that both parties have betrayed the American people and have become self serving entities interested in securing power, via different routes.

I do believe, however, that currently the left is very dangerous, as they represent a path to financial insolvency and potentially social unrest in the US. They are the party of fiscal irresponsibility and the perpetuation of a deterioration in the concept of self pride, worth, and confidence.

The republicans, however, are much better than the democrats; we do not need a party which enables lethargy, lack of initiative, and scapegoats as a "plan" to "advance" a nation. That is a roadmap into to economic misery, lack of innovation, and political slavery. Unfortunately, like Marx, that is what the political left wants- an elite group of "rulers" over a serf class. Read Marx- if you did actually read him, you would understand that the monarchial system was perfectly fine with him. That system, of course, was one of "enlightened" rulers and a "serf class". That is what all you "enlightened liberals" have embraced- the tyranny of a few over the many. You should be ashamed for your lack of intellectual introspection and academic evaluation of the political system you have embraced. Only a fool, or an idiot, would promote such a system and subject themselves to servitude.

What is needed?

1. Term limits

2. national balanced budget amendment

3. elimination of federal and state redundant services

4. allocating "federal" programs, such as social security and medicare, to state governments and allowing them to collect the funds for these programs

5. elimination of federal programs which essentially trade fiscal support to a dependent class in exchange for votes, thus betraying the concept of a system that provides an OPPORTUNITY for success, not the GUARANTEE of success.

Wake up. People want to be free, not slaves. Existing at the behest of the federal government in exchange for votes is being a mindless slave. Live free. Make the government SERVE THE PEOPLE by eliminating the "money for votes" program through a balanced budget amendment and term limits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2012, 08:07 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,124 posts, read 22,042,049 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I find it humorous that people still think that either political crime family is the answer to our problems. They are one in the same and the only difference is which way they screw us.

The ONLY thing they are concerned about is staying in power. They are going to tell us anything we want to hear, bring up inane "wedge issues" such as gays, guns, god in order to divide the electorate and FOOL us into voting for a continuation of the status quo.

When I hear the useful idiots of the republican or democratic party spout off about how "if only...." I know we are doomed. If people don't realize what these political parties are doing I have no hope for the future.

I am sure people rationalize that voting for the lesser of two evils is "winning" - wake up! What we have now is over 100 years of "winning"...
So is summation - you are a Paulite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2012, 09:29 PM
 
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, Calif.
22,383 posts, read 27,584,655 times
Reputation: 6540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund_Burke View Post
Not to mention the elephants lost congress in 2006.
But that's not answering the question I asked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2012, 09:31 PM
 
1,395 posts, read 1,122,296 times
Reputation: 285
But it compliments it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2012, 02:27 PM
 
Location: Central Texas
13,720 posts, read 25,545,205 times
Reputation: 9216
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Believe whatever makes you feel comfortable. George Bush and his band of bumbling Republicans wrecked this country over 8 horrific years. They were wrong. Your red state was wrong. Your red state consistently picks the wrong person for President, consistently votes on the wrong side of the issues, and can't shake the overwhelming evidence that your state's right-favoring ideology supports the most bigoted people in this country. It's natural to discard what you say here.

The reality is that we have a fine President at the helm. He's black. he's brilliant, articulate, supremely educated, and a man of great depth. He's overcome more adversity than all the previous Presidents combined, adversity brought on simply because of the color of his skin. He is the most scrutinzed President in history, principally because of the color of his skin. It took calculating brilliance to get bin Laden, something Republicans couldn't begin to accomplish. Hard to be creative when you're too busy obsessing over blacks and other minorities as Conservatives have shown.

This President was given the the worst mess in history courtesy of the Republican who preceded him. He was cursed with a tea-party downgraded Congress whose sole purpose has been to make him fail, not help the country succeed. He has managed to reverse the free-fall started by Bush, despite the "Congress from Hell." His foreign policy is superior to that of any Republican and he managed to exact change in Libya without putting any boots on the ground or declaring war. Republicans are OK with their representative LYING to go to war or two. So on and so forth.

President Obama represents the superior position and the high ground and he's headed for a second term whether you like it or not.
Wow. The drugs where you take must be very powerful.

But your post is your usual Dems are right, Reps are wrong. Oddly enough it seems the world is black and white to you.

You have chosen to highlight Obama's race, which should have nothing to do with an assessment of his presidency.

I would never say Bush was fantastic. But for you say Obama is brilliant says something about your standards. Well educated? Sure. Most of our presidents are. Even Bush.

Exact change in Libya without declaring war? He did just what so many presidents before him did - wage war via cruise missiles without declaring war. Obama has not improved unemployment. The deficit is dramatically larger. He has done nothing to improve the structure of minority families. He encourages kids to waste money going to college chasing worthless degrees.

The spies and military did their job hunting down Bin Laden. Key evidence was gained at Gitmo. And handed Obama a silver platter with Bin Laden's head on it. All Obama had to was say Yes - which anyone would do. I applaud him for saying yes - because I was worried he might not have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2012, 02:43 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
14,375 posts, read 7,967,204 times
Reputation: 6636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I find it humorous that people still think that either political crime family is the answer to our problems. They are one in the same and the only difference is which way they screw us.
Why do you think both parties mariginalize the tea party? When people try to force politicians on both sides to do the right thing it goes againt the nice little scam the political elites have setup for themselves.

WE can only vote for the people we are allowed to vote on. That giant sucking sound is getting louder and I can only imagin where we'd be if Perrot had been elected, or Paul would be taken more seriously.

So while you don't trust what anyone says, let us know if you have a constitutional solution, and I'm sure many people will follow your path.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2012, 07:46 PM
 
Location: Holiday, FL
1,577 posts, read 1,735,702 times
Reputation: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I happen to agree with A_Lexus. My only problem with the Obama Presidency is it does not have the courage to propose a Universal Health Care system that eliminates private sector insurance.
I would be far more than just surprised if Obama had cut out the private sector insurance. That would have been political suicide. What percentage of the contributions for his presidential bid come from insurance execs? He would have cut his own throat. And, I'd be astounded and speechless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2012, 08:06 PM
 
Location: Old Town Alexandria
14,505 posts, read 23,781,794 times
Reputation: 8838
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I happen to agree with A_Lexus. My only problem with the Obama Presidency is it does not have the courage to propose a Universal Health Care system that eliminates private sector insurance.

Beside Romney is a real preppy bastard that does not consider anyone not of his class to be sub human. He likes to hurt lesser beings like employees while stealing their pensions.

FWIW - AGDC always speaks the truth as he sees it. Too bad he is blind.




In this collapsing economy, I cannot see how health insurance not being reformed is even possible.
The number 1 reason in US for personal bankruptcy in the middle class is due to catastrophic illness and health care bills.
Most small businessess dont even offer any health insurance anymore because the costs are prohibitive.

You cant ask heads of household who can barely afford a mortgage and to feed their kids to pays tens of thousands in health insurance bills. The money simply is non-existent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2012, 08:16 PM
 
Location: Iowa
861 posts, read 516,429 times
Reputation: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Believe whatever makes you feel comfortable. George Bush and his band of bumbling Republicans wrecked this country over 8 horrific years. They were wrong. Your red state was wrong. Your red state consistently picks the wrong person for President, consistently votes on the wrong side of the issues, and can't shake the overwhelming evidence that your state's right-favoring ideology supports the most bigoted people in this country. It's natural to discard what you say here.

The reality is that we have a fine President at the helm. He's black. he's brilliant, articulate, supremely educated, and a man of great depth. He's overcome more adversity than all the previous Presidents combined, adversity brought on simply because of the color of his skin. He is the most scrutinzed President in history, principally because of the color of his skin. It took calculating brilliance to get bin Laden, something Republicans couldn't begin to accomplish. Hard to be creative when you're too busy obsessing over blacks and other minorities as Conservatives have shown.

This President was given the the worst mess in history courtesy of the Republican who preceded him. He was cursed with a tea-party downgraded Congress whose sole purpose has been to make him fail, not help the country succeed. He has managed to reverse the free-fall started by Bush, despite the "Congress from Hell." His foreign policy is superior to that of any Republican and he managed to exact change in Libya without putting any boots on the ground or declaring war. Republicans are OK with their representative LYING to go to war or two. So on and so forth.

President Obama represents the superior position and the high ground and he's headed for a second term whether you like it or not.
You *******s are a trip. This is the biggest pile of BS I've waded through in a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top