U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 08:20 PM

6,745 posts, read 8,282,592 times

Advertisements

A revolution is about the only way to change the system. There's one problem though...Americans are too dang fat and lazy for a revolution
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 08:59 PM

5,515 posts, read 8,849,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Why do you think both parties mariginalize the tea party? When people try to force politicians on both sides to do the right thing it goes againt the nice little scam the political elites have setup for themselves.

WE can only vote for the people we are allowed to vote on. That giant sucking sound is getting louder and I can only imagin where we'd be if Perrot had been elected, or Paul would be taken more seriously.

So while you don't trust what anyone says, let us know if you have a constitutional solution, and I'm sure many people will follow your path.
My rant is directed at the "true believers" and useful idiots used as tools by the two political crime families. There is no "constitutional solution" to the two party system that controls everything in this country. Eventually it will take care of itself with a collapse and/or revolution, I just wanted to let the "political warriors" know they are clowns in a "two ring circus" that is going to end very badly.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:01 PM

20,978 posts, read 16,229,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I find it humorous that people still think that either political crime family is the answer to our problems. They are one in the same and the only difference is which way they screw us.

The ONLY thing they are concerned about is staying in power. They are going to tell us anything we want to hear, bring up inane "wedge issues" such as gays, guns, god in order to divide the electorate and FOOL us into voting for a continuation of the status quo.

When I hear the useful idiots of the republican or democratic party spout off about how "if only...." I know we are doomed. If people don't realize what these political parties are doing I have no hope for the future.

I am sure people rationalize that voting for the lesser of two evils is "winning" - wake up! What we have now is over 100 years of "winning"...
I ONLY vote for Constitutional Conservatives.

They happen to be Tea Party people.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:51 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,864,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
hey, plenty of us see it!!
So get off your high horse
the sad fact is, this is what we have got for now
all the politicians are doing is putting out the crap that MOST folks look for
BUT, this year it is going to be about jobs
Obama is such a low hung hack I hope folks will vote his ass out
it is OUR fault!!
Most folks do not bother to vote at all!!
And then they listen to a few sound bites and go from there
until we the people get off our dead butts and clean house
we will get just what we asked for!
as for Obama, he is deranged, I wish everyone running for office had to be checked out in the head first!
Look at the dim wits in Washington! Who put them there??
Again, your a georgia peach. But your so right in your assesment. I have friends who did vote for Obama the first time around, waiting for great change to be bestowed upon them. Which did not happen. Infact most of those i know who voted for the man they beleive in. Lost their JOBS, and then some their homes also. Their children, had no place to call home the holiday season, which was so sad.
They believed in a new era of unity, and since Obama has taken office, i see people more divided then ever. People seem torn.
And for people who vote just for the hek of it, or for inmature reasons, do us all a favor don't vote.
The most important issue for most people i know, is one of getting back to a booming economy once again, people being able to save once again, home values rising once again, and a housing market, thriving as it once did. Those unfortunate who have lost their job, will once again have hope to find a job, to make up for the one they lost. And businesses booming and making a profit they so desperately need right now.
The people i know say it like this to me. I sincerely believed in him the frist time i voted for him. I waited and waited for Change to take place. But all that has taken place, is pain and the agony of not knowing where my children will call home, since i lost my job. These are real people. Unless you know people who have lost a job a good decent paying job with benefits that lost their home also, you cannot imagine the pain the family experiences. So this time around i hope for Change, but not the Change we have known, and from someone new, a new beginning.

You never know just how fast it can all be taken away from you, until it is lost. I would not have known, if i did not know these people who lost their jobs, i would never have imagined, the pain they carry, and guess what, this can happen to any of you. That fast, one minute your working at your job, the next mintue your gone~

Last edited by california-jewel; 05-17-2012 at 01:02 AM..

Old 05-17-2012, 11:01 AM

14,379 posts, read 7,940,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Again, your a georgia peach. But your so right in your assesment. I have friends who did vote for Obama the first time around, waiting for great change to be bestowed upon them. Which did not happen. Infact most of those i know who voted for the man they beleive in. Lost their JOBS, and then some their homes also. Their children, had no place to call home the holiday season, which was so sad.
They believed in a new era of unity, and since Obama has taken office, i see people more divided then ever. People seem torn.
And for people who vote just for the hek of it, or for inmature reasons, do us all a favor don't vote.
The most important issue for most people i know, is one of getting back to a booming economy once again, people being able to save once again, home values rising once again, and a housing market, thriving as it once did. Those unfortunate who have lost their job, will once again have hope to find a job, to make up for the one they lost. And businesses booming and making a profit they so desperately need right now.
The people i know say it like this to me. I sincerely believed in him the frist time i voted for him. I waited and waited for Change to take place. But all that has taken place, is pain and the agony of not knowing where my children will call home, since i lost my job. These are real people. Unless you know people who have lost a job a good decent paying job with benefits that lost their home also, you cannot imagine the pain the family experiences. So this time around i hope for Change, but not the Change we have known, and from someone new, a new beginning.

You never know just how fast it can all be taken away from you, until it is lost. I would not have known, if i did not know these people who lost their jobs, i would never have imagined, the pain they carry, and guess what, this can happen to any of you. That fast, one minute your working at your job, the next mintue your gone~
The Republicans want to lower both corporate and income taxes, while at the same time keeping susidies for big oil and expanding defense. Dems want to control every aspect of our lives through regulation. They want to raise income tax by promising it will only be on the rich, however the definition of rich is lowering every day and will certainly include anyone with income at some point.

Liberals will raise corporate taxes and cut deductions, while at the same time increasing subsidies to green companies. Here's a few of the subsidized green companies that we were forced to invest in recently:

-Evergreen Energy-Which has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, saying it’s "impossible to maintain operations" due to funding shortfalls. This announcement comes after the company received $5.3 million in "stimulus" funds.

-Amonix Inc.-A manufacturer of solar panels that received $5.9 million from the "stimulus", will lay off about 200 employees only seven months after opening a factory in Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s home State of Nevada.

-Beacon Power Corp-Sought bankruptcy protection last year after they received a $43 million loan guarantee from the Department of Energy.

-Ener1 Electric-A car battery manufacturer, filed for bankruptcy last Thursday, three years after receiving a $118.5 million grant from the U.S. government.

These are all in addition to Solyndra-A solar panel maker that received a $535 million loan guarantee, then famously filed for Chapter 11 protection weeks ago

It's all madness. We are left with having to choose from two evils. Both parties are out of control, however the "insanity" bar keeps being raised, and the party that has been in power for the last 6 years is the one doing the most damage now. People voted on promises of Hope and Change, and only got more of the same in a bigger dose. Instead of a messiah they got a smooth talking politician who sold his signature to the highest doner.

Putting partisan politics aside is the only way this mess will be fixed, otherwise both sides are screwed.

Old 05-17-2012, 04:31 PM

15,202 posts, read 18,224,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
I don't vote!
If you're not participating in the process, you have no right to complain. Period.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:30 PM

9,066 posts, read 5,597,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I don't disagree with you that BOTH political parties are a huge problem for America but I would also say that "mob rule" is even worst... I have yet to hear a reasonable (and intelligent) solution...
When the international banker mafia runs the government, you literally do have "Mob Rule".

Old 05-18-2012, 07:55 PM

8,388 posts, read 8,326,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
As it is now, we have Big Government Fascists, that are taking our freedoms and liberties away one step at a time.
Could you be more specific on what liberties we're losing?

Quote:
"Each side" in the house claims to represent one of the two sides, in "America" in order to play divide and conquer, when they do not represent either side.
The only "side" that's getting its way in recent years are the big corporations, who can hire armies of lawyers and lobbyists to buy votes in congress and write legislation that our elected "representatives" pass without reading. Now, after the bought-and-paid-for supreme court's Citizens United decision, they can buy elections with unlimited funding.

We're devolving from the United States of America to the Incorporated States of America. And those of us formerly known as citizens are now called consumers.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:04 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,864,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
That's why we need to elect Libertarian candidates. They ARE different.
Yes but this is something the two party system agrees on. They both will not allow this to happen, that is one thing they agree upon.
I honestly would like to see a thrid party, we vote for one, but i am actually fed up with the both of them.
I would like to see a thrid party put them both in their places.

Old 05-19-2012, 04:51 AM

14,379 posts, read 7,940,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I ONLY vote for Constitutional Conservatives.

They happen to be Tea Party people.

Amen!! Ooops, I just made progressives pi$$ their pants!

The Constitution frightens the globalists, and progressives are globalists.

Globalist=Traitor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or