U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-14-2012, 07:35 PM
 
Location: Wartrace,TN
5,505 posts, read 8,835,247 times
Reputation: 10959

Advertisements

I find it humorous that people still think that either political crime family is the answer to our problems. They are one in the same and the only difference is which way they screw us.

The ONLY thing they are concerned about is staying in power. They are going to tell us anything we want to hear, bring up inane "wedge issues" such as gays, guns, god in order to divide the electorate and FOOL us into voting for a continuation of the status quo.

When I hear the useful idiots of the republican or democratic party spout off about how "if only...." I know we are doomed. If people don't realize what these political parties are doing I have no hope for the future.

I am sure people rationalize that voting for the lesser of two evils is "winning" - wake up! What we have now is over 100 years of "winning"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-14-2012, 07:39 PM
 
Location: Honolulu, HI
4,937 posts, read 5,228,508 times
Reputation: 6177
That's why I don't vote! Both parties suck, and they don't work for us. It doesn't matter who wins in November, I expect the status quo to continue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2012, 07:40 PM
 
17,542 posts, read 19,712,218 times
Reputation: 7294
I don't disagree with you that BOTH political parties are a huge problem for America but I would also say that "mob rule" is even worst... I have yet to hear a reasonable (and intelligent) solution...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2012, 07:50 PM
 
801 posts, read 393,584 times
Reputation: 697
Everything you said is true. Most people fall into the trap of the false right left paradigm. Anyone who identifies strongly with one of the two major parties and takes their speeches seriously is a government worshipping goon. The two major parties are there to give us the illusion that we have choice but we don't. Its tag team politics, when one party screws us over for 4 or 8 years then we let the other party have a chance foolishly thinking things will change for the better. Well, things have changed for the better...if you're very high up in the establishment totem pole that is, for everybody else its more and more erosion of their paychecks and liberties.

Last edited by Wambatown81; 05-14-2012 at 07:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2012, 07:54 PM
 
Location: Wartrace,TN
5,505 posts, read 8,835,247 times
Reputation: 10959
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
That's why I don't vote! Both parties suck, and they don't work for us. It doesn't matter who wins in November, I expect the status quo to continue.
I vote EVERY election. If there are no candidates from a third party I can agree with I vote for myself. (I don't know if other areas allow for this but in Tennessee you can write in a name)

The reason I do it is to let "them" know it isn't apathy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2012, 08:15 PM
 
Location: Austin
29,518 posts, read 16,422,678 times
Reputation: 8061
That's why we need to elect Libertarian candidates. They ARE different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2012, 08:28 PM
 
671 posts, read 595,635 times
Reputation: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
That's why we need to elect Libertarian candidates. They ARE different.
You said it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2012, 08:32 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 19,500,249 times
Reputation: 18436
Default Obama will still win

Believe whatever makes you feel comfortable. George Bush and his band of bumbling Republicans wrecked this country over 8 horrific years. They were wrong. Your red state was wrong. Your red state consistently picks the wrong person for President, consistently votes on the wrong side of the issues, and can't shake the overwhelming evidence that your state's right-favoring ideology supports the most bigoted people in this country. It's natural to discard what you say here.

The reality is that we have a fine President at the helm. He's black. he's brilliant, articulate, supremely educated, and a man of great depth. He's overcome more adversity than all the previous Presidents combined, adversity brought on simply because of the color of his skin. He is the most scrutinzed President in history, principally because of the color of his skin. It took calculating brilliance to get bin Laden, something Republicans couldn't begin to accomplish. Hard to be creative when you're too busy obsessing over blacks and other minorities as Conservatives have shown.

This President was given the the worst mess in history courtesy of the Republican who preceded him. He was cursed with a tea-party downgraded Congress whose sole purpose has been to make him fail, not help the country succeed. He has managed to reverse the free-fall started by Bush, despite the "Congress from Hell." His foreign policy is superior to that of any Republican and he managed to exact change in Libya without putting any boots on the ground or declaring war. Republicans are OK with their representative LYING to go to war or two. So on and so forth.

President Obama represents the superior position and the high ground and he's headed for a second term whether you like it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Status: "Nevertheless, America's baseball team -- Roar, Tigers, ROAR!" (set 27 days ago)
 
Location: Nescopeck, Penna. (birthplace)
12,314 posts, read 7,458,312 times
Reputation: 15892
I have three names for you to consider: Huey Long, Charles Coughlin, Francis Townsend,

In the deepest depths of the Great Depression of the Thirties, all three presented themselves as populist alternatives to Franklin Roosevelt.

Each of the three tailored his message to the concerns of a particular group around whom he hoped to form a coalition -- Long appealed to white Southerners, Couglin to urban ethnics, and Townsend to the impoverished elderly -- but all three saw tampering with the Consttution and aggrandizement of the Powers of the Presidency as the path upward.

The Republicans, due to the more-settled and more-entreprenurial nature of their traditional power base, tended toward more-ideological advocacies such as the Liberty Lobby; but the "remedies"-- a weakening of the checks-and-balances system and the rule of Constitutional law -- were pretty much the same.

Amd that list doesn't include the hooded idiots with simpler, and more brutal answers

In the end, moderation and common sense won out; Roosevelt was re-elected, but more important, the New Deal was fine-tuned to the realities of the times. That is how it has to work this time around as well; the present Administration, to say nothing of the previous two, promised too much at the expense of someone wlse, and the cost of re-adjusting to the rule of a global economy (the Lefties' pet scapegoat) is hard to swallow at times. Nevertheless, it's the only sane answer to the economic tyranny that mde the Twentieth Century the bloodiest to date,

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 05-14-2012 at 08:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2012, 08:37 PM
 
Location: Wartrace,TN
5,505 posts, read 8,835,247 times
Reputation: 10959
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Believe whatever makes you feel comfortable. George Bush and his band of bumbling Republicans wrecked this country over 8 horrific years. They were wrong. Your red state was wrong. Your red state consistently picks the wrong person for President, consistently votes on the wrong side of the issues, and can't shake the overwhelming evidence that your state's right-favoring ideology supports the most bigoted people in this country. It's natural to discard what you say here.

The reality is that we have a fine President at the helm. He's black. he's brilliant, articulate, supremely educated, and a man of great depth. He's overcome more adversity than all the previous Presidents combined, adversity brought on simply because of the color of his skin. He is the most scrutinzed President in history, principally because of the color of his skin. It took calculating brilliance to get bin Laden, something Republicans couldn't begin to accomplish. Hard to be creative when you're too busy obsessing over blacks and other minorities as Conservatives have shown.

This President was given the the worst mess in history courtesy of the Republican who preceded him. He was cursed with a tea-party downgraded Congress whose sole purpose has been to make him fail, not help the country succeed. He has managed to reverse the free-fall started by Bush, despite the "Congress from Hell." His foreign policy is superior to that of any Republican and he managed to exact change in Libya without putting any boots on the ground or declaring war. Republicans are OK with their representative LYING to go to war or two. So on and so forth.

President Obama represents the superior position and the high ground and he's headed for a second term whether you like it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:23 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top