Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 11:28 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,980,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
World Nut Daily, theres a credible source.
Post fail, dont come back until you have a credible source.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:05 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,176 times
Quote:
This site is really hard for me to navigate with my screen reader. It keeps freezing my program. Is there a lot of animated content on the page?

Old 05-17-2012, 02:06 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,176 times
Quote:
And more disgusting language from the "tolerant liberals". There are many studies that have shown that pedophilia is more prevalent among gays.
Almost all of them are from Christian-based sources like Dr. Dobson's Focus on the Family and NARTH.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:09 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
This site is really hard for me to navigate with my screen reader. It keeps freezing my program. Is there a lot of animated content on the page?
A lot of animated content and pop-ups.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:24 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
World Nut Daily, theres a credible source.
Post fail, dont come back until you have a credible source.
Seriously, not only is the article itself all over the place, but it cites data in a supposed article written for "Regent University Law Review".... Regent University is Tier FOUR... the lowest ranking you can get as a law school. It was founded by Pat Robertson. The journal describes itself as "committed to a jurisprudence based upon a Higher Law, and the school is ranked most conservative in the country.

Here's a good analysis of the findings of multiple studies over the year that have studied the subject:

Facts About Homosexuality and Child Molestation

(Also includes a nice analysis of the paper published in the Regent University rag, and tears it apart for misquoting and misusing data).

Final Conclusion: "The empirical research does not show that gay or bisexual men are any more likely than heterosexual men to molest children. This is not to argue that homosexual and bisexual men never molest children. But there is no scientific basis for asserting that they are more likely than heterosexual men to do so. And, as explained above, many child molesters cannot be characterized as having an adult sexual orientation at all; they are fixated on children."

Old 05-17-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Seriously, not only is the article itself all over the place, but it cites data in a supposed article written for "Regent University Law Review".... Regent University is Tier FOUR... the lowest ranking you can get as a law school. It was founded by Pat Robertson. The journal describes itself as "committed to a jurisprudence based upon a Higher Law, and the school is ranked most conservative in the country.

Here's a good analysis of the findings of multiple studies over the year that have studied the subject:

Facts About Homosexuality and Child Molestation

(Also includes a nice analysis of the paper published in the Regent University rag, and tears it apart for misquoting and misusing data).

Final Conclusion: "The empirical research does not show that gay or bisexual men are any more likely than heterosexual men to molest children. This is not to argue that homosexual and bisexual men never molest children. But there is no scientific basis for asserting that they are more likely than heterosexual men to do so. And, as explained above, many child molesters cannot be characterized as having an adult sexual orientation at all; they are fixated on children."
Good Grief!
I had to close the page on the Nut Daily link, as I kept getting pop-ups telling me I have several viruses.
Make me wonder if the WND is a virus.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:57 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,780,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Good Grief!
I had to close the page on the Nut Daily link, as I kept getting pop-ups telling me I have several viruses.
Make me wonder if the WND is a virus.
YOU ARE GETTING FALSE POSITIVES due to the cheap virus protection program you are using (McAffee and Norton ) are the two bottom of the barrel worse programs you can possibly use.

World Net Daily has no viruses on its pages - they would be arrested or taken down. If you want PROTECTION I suggest you scan using Kapsersky or the best which is considered TREND MICRO!!

I found out in 1998 that each of those programs are totally useless (McAffee & Norton) when it comes to protection

Download a 30 day trial of Kaspersky or Trend Micro - but - if you decide to purchase either - do not purchase it form the company -- purchase from Amazon 80% OFF regular prices!!

Old 05-18-2012, 08:25 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,366,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
YOU ARE GETTING FALSE POSITIVES due to the cheap virus protection program you are using (McAffee and Norton ) are the two bottom of the barrel worse programs you can possibly use.

World Net Daily has no viruses on its pages - they would be arrested or taken down. If you want PROTECTION I suggest you scan using Kapsersky or the best which is considered TREND MICRO!!

I found out in 1998 that each of those programs are totally useless (McAffee & Norton) when it comes to protection

Download a 30 day trial of Kaspersky or Trend Micro - but - if you decide to purchase either - do not purchase it form the company -- purchase from Amazon 80% OFF regular prices!!

Finally, something that we can agree on...

Old 05-18-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post

Wrong again.
I use Kaspersky, and have for years.
The pop-up was an old school scam, and it came right off the Nut page.
Looks similar to this, I dont even have IE installed on this laptop anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies