Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 08:35 PM

288 posts, read 283,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestJ23 View Post
You said that so much better than I ever could!
The people who are asking for links to 'white mob violence', it's hard for me to take seriously because that's what they focus on out of all of my posts in this thread?? Do they honestly believe that Whites don't commit crimes at all??

Some people in this forum believes that all whites are saints and only other races commit crime..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 08:41 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,621,812 times
I think they just want you to back up your words with some proofs.

As an aside, who cares what this delegate says.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:43 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,014,485 times
This situation is by no means unique to Baltimore. We have roving gangs of black youths in St. Louis playing the "knockout" game. This is a cute little diversion for black urban youth in which they pick out sole white or asian victims and punch them until they go down. An elderly asian man was killed. They are also picking on single gay guys, which might concern some on this board. Let's face it, to their credit, white gays are somewhat urban pioneers in many of our cities. It was covered up for a long time, but there have been so many of these incidents the local media finally covered them.

This situation in Baltimore is troubling. Here is an article to the Baltimore Sun about a young white dude getting beaten on two different occassions by black thugs:

Man, 19, beaten by two groups of students downtown - baltimoresun.com

What amuses me about this is the link in the article to the related story in which a black pol is enraged that another pol referred to roving black gangs and demanded an apology. The thought police are on the prowl.

I've heard it said if we can't acknowledge we have a problem we can't fix it. We have a problem with black urban youth.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:50 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
I haven't been on this forum long, but I already knew who posted this!

It wouldn't be this forum if it wasn't for the every other day, ' see how out of control these Blacks are!!' posts.

Keep up the good work
So, the OP's premise is wrong?

Or do you just wish to keep your head, let's say, buried in the sand?

The truth is the truth.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:20 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times
The problem of Inner Harbor violence isn't a "black problem." It's a socio-economic problem. The schools are for crap here. There are few jobs for teenagers. There are pockets of middle and upper-middle class neighborhoods surrounded by very poor neighborhoods where people live on blocks where half of the rowhomes are boarded up, some of them even crumbling and tapped over with police tape but with people still living in the homes on either side. It's absolutely atrocious. Then the city for some insane reason has "The Block" which is a right off the Inner Harbor and is nothing but nasty, low-class strip clubs. Since the block has been there for so long, it's treated as if it's of historical interest when it's just garbage from the 20th century. Of course, the next block down is the police headquarters. And a block over from both is City Hall where that video of the drunkard getting robbed and beaten up was filmed. Hello, urban planning anyone?

That being said, I would say that there is a "race problem" in Baltimore, and its the really strange way in which black politicians in Baltimore have to behave in addressing the problems in the city. When Patricia Jessamy was State's attorney here up until last year (yey!), it was like she worked for the prosecution rather than the victims of crimes. It was totally bizarre. It's like because of the socio-economic problems that so many people have to grow up among here (whites and blacks alike, as there are plenty of poor whites in Baltimore), the adults feel bad for the youth, in particular, and coddle them rather than holding them accountable for their behavior, even in the case of very violent crimes.

Having lived in Chicago, that city is a racial nirvana compared to Baltimore.

Now having said this, EdwardA, if you would stop with all the "blacks are bad" threads, you might find that people might have an actual discussion (as much as possible here anyway) rather than dismiss your threads outright. This could have been an interesting thread, but unfortunately most people (and I'm surprised that I didn't but I live in Baltimore so . . . ) will not give it much thought because of your other race-baiting threads.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:36 PM

191 posts, read 242,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strate L O S S View Post
I think they just want you to back up your words with some proofs.

As an aside, who cares what this delegate says.
I know I went to public schools, but I thought I made it very clear why it was pointless to post anti-white people threads. In my opinion, the OP has an agenda against Blacks. For me to counter, I would have to have that same agenda against Whites and I don't.

It goes back to the point that I originally made earlier in this thread and it's about that subtle insinuation that you guys won't own up to.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:29 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
This situation is by no means unique to Baltimore. We have roving gangs of black youths in St. Louis playing the "knockout" game. This is a cute little diversion for black urban youth in which they pick out sole white or asian victims and punch them until they go down. An elderly asian man was killed. They are also picking on single gay guys, which might concern some on this board. Let's face it, to their credit, white gays are somewhat urban pioneers in many of our cities. It was covered up for a long time, but there have been so many of these incidents the local media finally covered them.

This situation in Baltimore is troubling. Here is an article to the Baltimore Sun about a young white dude getting beaten on two different occassions by black thugs:

Man, 19, beaten by two groups of students downtown - baltimoresun.com

What amuses me about this is the link in the article to the related story in which a black pol is enraged that another pol referred to roving black gangs and demanded an apology. The thought police are on the prowl.

I've heard it said if we can't acknowledge we have a problem we can't fix it. We have a problem with black urban youth.
This is getting out of hand.

Quote:
The racial elements of that crime fed much of the outrage - the victim was white, and the attackers were all black. In Thursday's reported assault, Guglielmi said the 19-year-old victim was white and the attackers were all juvenile black males.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:35 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
The problem of Inner Harbor violence isn't a "black problem." It's a socio-economic problem. The schools are for crap here. There are few jobs for teenagers. There are pockets of middle and upper-middle class neighborhoods surrounded by very poor neighborhoods where people live on blocks where half of the rowhomes are boarded up, some of them even crumbling and tapped over with police tape but with people still living in the homes on either side. It's absolutely atrocious. Then the city for some insane reason has "The Block" which is a right off the Inner Harbor and is nothing but nasty, low-class strip clubs. Since the block has been there for so long, it's treated as if it's of historical interest when it's just garbage from the 20th century. Of course, the next block down is the police headquarters. And a block over from both is City Hall where that video of the drunkard getting robbed and beaten up was filmed. Hello, urban planning anyone?

That being said, I would say that there is a "race problem" in Baltimore, and its the really strange way in which black politicians in Baltimore have to behave in addressing the problems in the city. When Patricia Jessamy was State's attorney here up until last year (yey!), it was like she worked for the prosecution rather than the victims of crimes. It was totally bizarre. It's like because of the socio-economic problems that so many people have to grow up among here (whites and blacks alike, as there are plenty of poor whites in Baltimore), the adults feel bad for the youth, in particular, and coddle them rather than holding them accountable for their behavior, even in the case of very violent crimes.

Having lived in Chicago, that city is a racial nirvana compared to Baltimore.

Now having said this, EdwardA, if you would stop with all the "blacks are bad" threads, you might find that people might have an actual discussion (as much as possible here anyway) rather than dismiss your threads outright. This could have been an interesting thread, but unfortunately most people (and I'm surprised that I didn't but I live in Baltimore so . . . ) will not give it much thought because of your other race-baiting threads.
First of all I've never said all Blacks are bad, who deals in absolutes? Here's the thing about Baltimore which is somewhat different from most Northeastern inner cities, you have a significant poor White population (Pigtown, Hampden, Dundalk in the county). Yet we are not seeing the same level of violence from them as we do from Blacks. So to simply write this off as a function of poverty is not accurate. It's cultural, a culture associated with African- Americans.

I post what is in the news.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:06 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,621,812 times
Quote:
it's about that subtle insinuation that you guys won't own up to.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:58 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
First of all I've never said all Blacks are bad, who deals in absolutes? Here's the thing about Baltimore which is somewhat different from most Northeastern inner cities, you have a significant poor White population (Pigtown, Hampden, Dundalk in the county). Yet we are not seeing the same level of violence from them as we do from Blacks. So to simply write this off as a function of poverty is not accurate. It's cultural, a culture associated with African- Americans.

I post what is in the news.
Thinking back on it: the last time white people had the rep for rioting was almost 100 years ago. Us Irish come to mind but we're pretty civil now; well, most of us that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies