Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 04:59 PM

147 posts, read 144,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Yes it will. Getting rid of Obama is the key.

An Obama style dictatorship is what we are getting a taste of right now.

America should not go down that road.
I don't think getting rid of Obama is going to change much. The American people themselves need to change.

Could be that Obama creating a dictatorship is a blessing in disguise. Might be easier for his successor to fix things. Assuming there will be a successor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 05:03 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
A government is a reflection of it's people.

The fact that we keep sending corrupt people back to DC over and over again should speak volumes.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I'm not in despair, not at all. I've just positioned myself to be as least connected to "the system" as I can and still live my life.

Moving to a small rural town in Texas has shown me that we are not finished by a long run and that there are people that maintain the "old values".
Well, call me cynical, but I think they'll be coming for you. There's really no place to hide anymore.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:08 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles45 View Post
Could be that Obama creating a dictatorship is a blessing in disguise. Might be easier for his successor to fix things. Assuming there will be a successor.

You mean fix things like Castro and Chavez have?

Old 05-18-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
Regardless of what you believe, however, you can't change the nature of democracies. The end is here.
I see. But maybe there's more to America than being a democracy. Maybe democracy is the accident, not the essence of America. And if that's true, America can be saved without democracy, or at least without democracy as we know it. Does that make any sense?

Old 05-18-2012, 05:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Well, call me cynical, but I think they'll be coming for you. There's really no place to hide anymore.
Bah..I'm not rich and I have nothing they want. Can't get blood from a stone as they say.

I went "Galt"...early retirement and moved to a lower COL area. No debts and just piddling around on some acres

Old 05-18-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
You mean fix things like Castro and Chavez have?
I was thinking more along the lines of Franco and Salazar.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:10 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,389 times
Quote:
I see. But maybe there's more to America than being a democracy. Maybe democracy is the accident, not the essence of America. And if that's true, America can be saved without democracy, or at least without democracy as we know it. Does that make any sense?

None whatsoever.

When dictators decide to kill throngs of citizens - they just do it.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
None whatsoever.

Alas, so do the governments of corrupt "democracies". Pick your poison.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
None whatsoever.

What we probably need is an hereditary monarch. Too bad Washington never had any sons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies