Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2012, 12:56 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
Yeah its all about YOU Hot Handz. Its not about the person who lives in that body...and this is ignoring that in the eyes of the law in 46 states and the Federal statute...once someone has undergone surgery their birth certificates, driver ID and passports can legally be changed.
So if the heavy hand of the Fed says it's OK....then that's what it is??

So by your logic...Federal statute is our new religion? Got it.

Last edited by Hot_Handz; 05-30-2012 at 01:24 PM..

Old 05-30-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
You're afraid of being seduced by a tranny. You've stated it multiple times.
Where did I say *I* was afraid of being seduced by a tranny.... I never said that.

Quote:
And, it isn't an issue. People are people, and it's best to leave well alone.
"People are people" What does that MEAN?? If you can form a complete thought on that statement by itself and give it some real meaning..I will cede. Because that is the most ambiguous and silly obfuscation I have ever read. And that's being kind.

Quote:
When you start suppressing and oppressing people, we will fight back.
Cool cliche.. here is mine.

History repeats itself.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:09 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Call me an ignoring person- call me ignorant- I really do not know what transgender really is...and frankly- I like my ignorance- I do not want to know. There is no reason that I be educated in all things...I choose what I want to know and what I do not want to know.

Funny...ever since I was a kid I had this dull trait- this learning disability. If someone was lying to me- or telling me something that was weird....or some sort of twisted bit of logic- I would go deaf and it would go right over my head- I had a filter. Call it ig-norance....and it serves me well- There is valuable real estate in my head- Why fill it with useless stuff.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:19 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,435,602 times
Little tall for my tastes, but I'd date her in a heart beat.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:22 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
What do you call seducing men under the belief you are a woman/man, sexually, but you in fact are not?

I don't care how much YOU identify with being a man....you ARE a woman. And as I alluded to previously... Dissociating yourself with your genitalia is a disorder. You are just using psuedo-science to reinforce your preference.
WHat makes you think transsexual people go around deluding their dates? Most trans people I know personally are open about their trans status if they are interested in you romantically.

And again, I repeat--a trans person literally has the brain of one sex and the gonads of the other. Therefore you do not get to decide if they are male or female--biology does.

I wonder--do you call any science that backs up a perspective you disagree with personally "pseudo-science"?

Old 05-30-2012, 01:35 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,043,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Trangendered Miss Universe Canada Contestant Takes the Stage | Fashion - Yahoo! Shine

I think the "progress" of science and it, very possibly in the future, enabling men/women the ability to totally deceive partners into believing they are indeed women/men is downright disgusting....

Where would you draw the line?

After reading this article....my skin is crawling.

Please do not take this as a bait or troll thread...My personal convictions are that this is downright unethical.
Unethical? What do ethics have to do with a person's sexual identity? I am constantly confused why people feel they have some god given right to tell other people how to live.

Jesus, I can't wait until the tables are turned and we can outlaw religious people getting married and having babies, because it's immoral to have religious twits perpetuating their stupidity... If they whine about it, then they're hypocrites. Oh how amusing it would be.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:39 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
He’s still a man, at best a counterfeit approximation of a woman, if that. No more real, legitimate or acceptable than counterfeit money is to be considered or treated as genuine currency just because it looks like the real thing.
Sorry. Science explains transsexuality and science isn't a matter of opinion. Transsexuality is the direct result of someone having the biological brain of one sex while retaining the biological body of the other sex. If you think transsexuality is "counterfeit", then I can't even imagine what you think about other intersex people, who might have XXY or XXX DNA, or have a hormone condition that causes their female body never to undergo puberty, etc. Are they "counterfeit" in your book too? Hey, if we can just pick random genetic conditions and call them counterfeit, I wonder if other conditions like Cystic Fibrosis and Usher's Syndrome are also "counterfeit" in your book. Lol.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
WHat makes you think transsexual people go around deluding their dates? Most trans people I know personally are open about their trans status if they are interested in you romantically.
It happens. That's what makes me think it.

Quote:
And again, I repeat--a trans person literally has the brain of one sex and the gonads of the other. Therefore you do not get to decide if they are male or female--biology does.
Ok, a few things...

That junk science is not universally accepted. It is still a very controversial topic. Secondly, WHO is the authority that says brain characteristics take precendent over reproductive ones?

And who is the authority that says mutiliating yourself is the best option? The doctors only do it because they get paid to do it...and a LOT... in cash.

Why isn't it treated at the psychological level??

It's all about preference...that's it...

Quote:
I wonder--do you call any science that backs up a perspective you disagree with personally "pseudo-science"?
You don't see me using science in many of my arguments, do you?? Only if absolutely necessary. And even then I am inclined to rely on science that has a very long body of work.

I stated earlier that I empathized with certain degrees of intersex, like hermaphroditism which is rather extreme.....

But when you start leaning on the science, in mild examples (or trivial even), it really shows that you are being intellectually dishonest and disregarding the notion that it's, more times than not, a very psychologically distraught individual that is indulging in an impulse. It's preference.

Because if you start making these willy nilly claims of intersex like "Oh, I feel like I should have been born a female" or "I look like Andre The Giant but....LOOK AT MY BRAIN SCAN"

No....

Because if that's the case...anybody, that is not the polar opposite of Captain Caveman or Jessica Rabbit, is fair game....

Last edited by Hot_Handz; 05-30-2012 at 02:09 PM..

Old 05-30-2012, 02:07 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,869,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I think anyone who has had plastic surgury for cosmetic purposes should be barred fron beauty contests, that includes trans-genders.
Then there'd be no contestants!

Old 05-30-2012, 02:08 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,869,470 times
And why is this STILL going on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies