Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 03:36 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
The whole war on women thing was typical liberal B.S. Women care about the same things men care about, JOBS! Being able to provide for their families.
916 Anti-Women Bills Introduced By The GOP Since March 2011 | Addicting Info
The Guttmacher Group compiled fascinating research, proving without a doubt, the war on women in America is indeed real. Since taking over the House in 2010, Republicans have introduced 916 anti-women Bills related to reproductive rights.

You were saying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 06:28 PM

15,061 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Kinda like the Republican geniuses that think putting more regulations on women's personal decisions will somehow translate into more jobs.

If gay marriage is banned......more jobs.

Why do Republicans insist that economic recovery hinges on women and homsexuals relinquishing equality? That you can't have one without the other?

The moral of the story.....if Republicans really think they have the answers to an economic recovery.....they would stop alienating large blocks of voters by instisting they must give up personal freedoms/equality to get it.
X. Sorry, that is an incorrect answer. The correct answer was, everyone should care about the economy, because if that keeps to it's current course, the rights and "equality" for which you are moaning about won't be of any significance at all, with survival will be your only concern.

But thanks for playing.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:34 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This is a very good piece by Campbell Brown, NO conservative here.

She hits it right on money.

I often wonder if people actually listen and hear to what obama is saying. His speeches are basically the same tired, worn catch phrases, straw men, fence straddling and above the fray nonsense we have come to expect.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/20/op...&smid=tw-share

I wonder if the person(s) who thought of the ridiculous government-dependent Julia had any idea the ridicule and scorn that would be heaped from both sides of the aisle.

I wonder if they still have a job....because the life of Julia has given Romney a ton of fodder against obama.

What's bad for obama is that I believe most women see right through all his "words" to the underlying insult.
If YOU are complaining it MUST be working.

I'd suggest the Obama campaign continue to let American women know he is not going to restrict their rights like the Republican Party has tried to do for the last several years.

There is a reason that Mitt Romney has about an 18% gap among woman voters.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:52 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This is a very good piece by Campbell Brown, NO conservative here.

She hits it right on money.

I often wonder if people actually listen and hear to what obama is saying. His speeches are basically the same tired, worn catch phrases, straw men, fence straddling and above the fray nonsense we have come to expect.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/20/op...&smid=tw-share

I wonder if the person(s) who thought of the ridiculous government-dependent Julia had any idea the ridicule and scorn that would be heaped from both sides of the aisle.

I wonder if they still have a job....because the life of Julia has given Romney a ton of fodder against obama.

What's bad for obama is that I believe most women see right through all his "words" to the underlying insult.
0bama's speeches are always the same, he starts by describing a victim, then he creates a straw man that wants to harm them in some harsh and cruel way, and then 0bama sets himself up as their knight in shining armor, and their only hope is for him to save them from this imaginary straw man.

So to recap victim - straw man - evil red herring - 0bama the hero

Old 05-21-2012, 10:09 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
X. Sorry, that is an incorrect answer. The correct answer was, everyone should care about the economy, because if that keeps to it's current course, the rights and "equality" for which you are moaning about won't be of any significance at all, with survival will be your only concern.

But thanks for playing.
You are missing the big picture.

I am for economic growth......and equal rights for ALL.....both of which can be obtained by keeping Obama in office for another four years.

With Obama, we don't have to give up personal freedoms as a condition for economic improvement.

Besides, why would I want to vote for Romney? Voting for Romney would be like voting Bush in for a third term........allowing the Republicans to continue the same policies that nearly put this country into another Great Depression. Been there, done that.....once was enough.

Women and homosexuals realize economic growth can be achieved without sacrificing their equality......too bad for the Republicans.

Easy for you to tell others they must sacrifice their personal freedoms for the greater good......while you sacrifice nothing.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:47 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
If YOU are complaining it MUST be working.

I'd suggest the Obama campaign continue to let American women know he is not going to restrict their rights like the Republican Party has tried to do for the last several years.

There is a reason that Mitt Romney has about an 18% gap among woman voters.
That gap is no longer there, haven't you noticed the latest polls?

Quinnipiac - TIED.
CBS - TIED.

That gap is shrinking rapidly.

Oh, Romney does better with married women too. One more thing - Romney does not have to beat obama with the women's vote, just pare a few points off from 2008...that's it.

Quote:
Besides, why would I want to vote for Romney? Voting for Romney would be like voting Bush in for a third term........allowing the Republicans to continue the same policies that nearly put this country into another Great Depression. Been there, done that.....once was enough.
Well, if you didn't like the Bush years, you must be very disappointed with obama's 3 1/2 years in office.

Gas prices - DOUBLE.
Deficit - QUADRUPLED 3 years running.
Debt - INCREASED $5 TRILLION.
Energy Prices - On the RISE.
Food Stamps - At RECORD levels.
UE - 39 straight months of 8%+ UE, 24 million LESS people in the workforce.

I could go on.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:04 PM

32,063 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Why do you need the President to "take care of women." You can't take care of yourself? It seems you've single-handedly exposed your "government is my preferred crutch" mentality with this post.

Of course women can take care of themselves. By taking care of women, I mean let's not go back to the dark ages regarding abortions. Let's not force pregnant women to get ultrasounds before an abortion when there is no medical reason to do so. The defunding of planned parenthood will affect poor women and those without insurance. Nope, no crutch here. I just want someone in office who cares about women's issues and won't take away what we currently have.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
You know ... this reminds me of my less than a genius sister, who's rational decision making skills led her to choose to pay the cable TV bill instead of the electric bill (no lie) when both were dangerously delinquent.

It apparently never occurred to her that neither the cable box nor the TV were battery operated.

There's a moral to this story applicable to you. See if you can guess what it is.
And you remind me of someone with a superior attitude who likes to patronize others Your poor sister lol
The economy will work itself out. Women's rights are another issue though. We've worked hard to get where we are today and now that progress is threatened.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:31 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
And you remind me of someone with a superior attitude who likes to patronize others Your poor sister lol
The economy will work itself out. Women's rights are another issue though. We've worked hard to get where we are today and now that progress is threatened.
The legalization of pre-meditated murder of a human fetus is progress?

With sexual freedom comes the responsibility to use contraceptive methods in such a means as to not conceive if a woman is not willing to carry a healthy baby to term. Abortions of convenience and the resulting disrespect for innocent human life is bringing about the downfall of society. Only the morally twisted can see this as "progress".

Old 05-23-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The legalization of pre-meditated murder of a human fetus is progress?

With sexual freedom comes the responsibility to use contraceptive methods in such a means as to not conceive if a woman is not willing to carry a healthy baby to term. Abortions of convenience and the resulting disrespect for innocent human life is bringing about the downfall of society. Only the morally twisted can see this as "progress".
Women's rights aren't just about abortion so why so fixated on that one issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies