Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 12:23 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Safety has nothing to do with race. There are tons of African American and Latino communities that are affluent and safe.

He is concerned about living near minorities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
there are also black private schools that have test scores through the roof.
List them also compare their scores to similarly situated Asian & White schools. We're waiting.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:23 PM

744 posts, read 811,976 times
White people do meth and terrorize their communities,we are sick people

Old 05-20-2012, 12:24 PM

835 posts, read 1,040,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
They chose the US for a better life. The OP wants to move to another neighborhood where she is a minority for a better life. I don't see how it's really any different.

No, the OP wants to live in a community where there are no minorities because she can't stand the sight of them.

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karyn4321 View Post
I'm not seeking the blessings of anyone. Obviously, I am going to do as I wish. I merely started a thread asking if I was wrong for feeling as I do.

My intention was not to offend anyone, I was just expressing my viewpoint.
And if I said, hypothetically, "Yes, you are wrong", what bearing would that have on your feeling?

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karyn4321 View Post
I'm not seeking the blessings of anyone. Obviously, I am going to do as I wish. 1) I merely started a thread asking if I was wrong for feeling as I do.

2) My intention was not to offend anyone, I was just expressing my viewpoint.

1) In asking if you are wrong for feeling as you do, you are asking for the "blessings" of strangers

2) Obviously you knew that your thread would be offensive otherwise why would you preface with the phrase "Am I wrong...?"

At its core, this thread is quite suspect in its agenda and was meant to be provocative yet not productive

Old 05-20-2012, 12:26 PM

744 posts, read 811,976 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
List them also compare their scores to similarly situated Asian & White schools. We're waiting.
Why does that even matter dude? Black people have great personalities and are among the best entertainers! Try being positive instead of self loathing if you even are Black. I could compare different groups all day long and find positive things and negative things about all of them.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Listen, you'll find any way possible to disparage the community. I gave you a perspective from someone who doesn't find the minority community they live in to live up to the stereotype.

You would never acknowledge that such a neighborhood exists, so I'm not going to argue the point with you any further.

And the parents of my majority black preschool class do not fit the above descriptor either.

I'm not conducting a social experiment with my child, the neighborhood school we've picked is a high performing, very diverse public school. Majority black. They do exist, sorry.

You're right, it is my choice, my opinion.
Whoa why is it everytime some one agrees with African- Americans they are either a racist, self- hating or simply wrong? Excuse me I know such places exist, I live in one. Guess what the schools are crap, PG County has the 2nd worst schools in the state of Maryland while being the most affluent majority Black county in the country.

So if it doesn't exist here why would I think it exists in Philly? Maybe we have different standards. Silly me I actually think Black students should be performing at or above the level of their non-Black peers especially above the level of non-English speaking immigrants. Simply sending them to a school where they don't have to walk through metal detectors is not good enough.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:27 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh, there it is. The single mom welfare queen stereotype. Right on time.

Gullible is in the dictionary, you know.
That is a stereo type for a reason. Single parenthood causes poverty and every problem related to poverty. That is fact.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post

Why does that even matter dude? Black people have great personalities and are among the best entertainers! Try being positive instead of self loathing if you even are Black. I could compare different groups all day long and find positive things and negative things about all of them.
Lol you can't build a society on entertainment. Entertainment is a diversion from reality.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:29 PM

68 posts, read 163,919 times
Absolutely not, man.

No one wants to live in a neighborhood likely to have crime, when they can go to a neighborhood likely to be better.

You're right about it, no matter your color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies