Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2012, 07:27 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Daddy...

Which one?
I've personally seen kids who aren't confused as many adults are here, obviously. That seems to be a non-issue to them.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:31 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Nowhere in the OP is religion used as an argument.
The argument for defending marriage between a man & a woman is:
1. Children need mothering AND fathering & same-sex couples deny one.
2. According to the US CDC Homosexual practices are statistically harmful. Laws are supposed to support the well-being of society.
3. Same-sex couples already have rights under common law marriage & cohabitation agreements. The only reason to legally redefine marriage is to force society to respect sexual deviations as if they are normal. Harrassment has been used not only in this thread, but also in more extreme examples in pushing the gay agenda.

I often listen to a song about how even when people act illogical or mean, we should love anyway. Love doesn't mean to kiss their behind, it means to hope the best for them. I truly hope the best for those with same-sex preferences. I have family & friends with these preferences & I don't treat them differently than anyone else. Infact, part of the reason why I feel so passionate about this is because 2 friends of mine died of AIDs. When I was starting to research this, I was going through things & a picture with both of them in it, dropped right in front of me. I know most on this forum would be skeptical of any significance, but to me, it was inspiring.

I realize people who have same-sex preferences really feel attraction & love. At birth, our brains are only developed 25%, so we can adapt to environmental influences, so obviously nobody is "born gay." Still, sexual abuse, or other dysfunctional aspects can cause sexual deviations & then acting on those repeatedly can change even physiology (ie hormones). So I don't doubt the feelings of those with same-sex preferences, but I do doubt the need to base laws on such feelings.
Yet ALL your opinions and "information" is directly from the misrepresentations and lies from anti-gay religious propaganda websites.

Nothing of what you have just posted (and all your previous posts) is factual information based on evidence.

Why did you limit your so-called 'research' to only those types of religious propaganda websites when there is so much accurate legitimate information available from reputable evidence-based sources?

Your prejudice is as obvious as your willful ignorance on this topic.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:33 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,634,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I've personally seen kids who aren't confused as many adults are here, obviously. That seems to be a non-issue to them.
Sure. And you know their true thoughts?

You know nothing. Only what you think you know.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Sure. And you know their true thoughts?

You know nothing. Only what you think you know.
I can tell from your posts, that I surely do know better than the clues you run around with.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:48 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,985 times
The OP was one of the most arrogant and selfish diatribes I've ever read on C-D. That's a noteworthy accomplishment in itself.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:07 AM

3,529 posts, read 3,731,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
But it's ok for Christians to shove their beliefs and lifestyle down everyone else's throats isn't it?
Not really. No one forces you to go to church or to be a Christian. That has always been a social pressure thing. The gay agenda, while originally "good" in its initial intent, has morphed into its own religion. It's not really about equality, "coming out" and being accepted, it's about forcing the legitimacy of the agenda, i.e., gayness, on a public who largely rejects it. Your adult-aged brain is able to comprehend, or at least parse through, what is going on, but not a kids' brain. Particularly when no one knows what causes someone to be gay in the first place. You have no right to push this on unsuspecting children, and, quite frankly, it's incredibly dangerous, and highly disturbing. Alas, it's like most things, it's about power and influence.

I will re-quote the below from post #10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
We were assured it wouldn't change anything in the schools.

But that has been so untrue. My children started getting bombarded with age-inappropriate indoctrination at school. I started doing some research and was dumbfounded at what was going on, including propaganda for ssm, hypersexualization of kids, and an incredible agenda to brainwash kids' minds and actually change their values. The goal was not to help them tolerate and treat with respect those who are different from them; but to embrace that difference as totally "normal" and to sway them from any religious upbringing that may inhibit this conversion of thought. I think this is very inappropriate and may be dangerous to the psychological health of our children and society as a whole.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetlord View Post
Not really. No one forces you to go to church or to be a Christian.
But it takes a bunch of nutty Christians to force everybody into following their whim. THAT is the problem.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:12 AM

566 posts, read 958,207 times
Marriage between anyone is a joke. Monogamy isn't natural which is why cheating is rampant and the divorce rate is so high.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:12 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
The OP was one of the most arrogant and selfish diatribes I've ever read on C-D. That's a noteworthy accomplishment in itself.
Not only that. I don't think I've ever read such a vile post more full of dishonest, malicious, misrepresentation and lies on this topic - all under the guise of "I want to help gay people - with spreading the truth about their sexually deviant, diseased, harmful to children, 'lifestyle choice'. "

Old 05-25-2012, 09:20 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetlord View Post
Not really. No one forces you to go to church or to be a Christian. That has always been a social pressure thing. The gay agenda, while originally "good" in its initial intent, has morphed into its own religion. It's not really about equality, "coming out" and being accepted, it's about forcing the legitimacy of the agenda, i.e., gayness, on a public who largely rejects it. Your adult-aged brain is able to comprehend, or at least parse through, what is going on, but not a kids' brain. Particularly when no one knows what causes someone to be gay in the first place. You have no right to push this on unsuspecting children, and, quite frankly, it's incredibly dangerous, and highly disturbing. Alas, it's like most things, it's about power and influence.

I will re-quote the below from post #10.
And no one is forcing you or anyone else to "accept" homosexuality, or become gay. By giving people the right to enter into a contract, regardless of the sex of the participants, does not force you to approve, like, or accept the people entering into that contract.
Do you accept, and approve of all heterosexual marriages? Convicted pedophiles can get married, convicted murders can get married. Does that mean you accept murder, and pedophilia?
Children are a lot more accepting than adults, and are not taught the mechanisms of homosexuality in school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies