Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2012, 12:51 PM

49 posts, read 28,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
No it hasn't. Maybe in America, sure but in other countries? Not so much. Do your research before you make an even bigger ass out of yourself. Thanks.
Keep deflecting. It's never been about other countries it's about the current issue now in the US.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:52 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,003,519 times
Quote:
When was marriage about making children? It never was and never will be. Until it is legally required by law (which it won't) then your argument is flimsy and weak at best.
The nuclear family unit provides stability and prevents poverty.

ANY other family structure is weak by comparison.

Marriage has procreation at its core.

Just because you live in an alternate universe doesn't make these facts "flimsy".

Old 06-11-2012, 12:53 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,220,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenyanAmerican View Post
Keep deflecting. It's never been about other countries it's about the current issue now in the US.
Deflecting what? Alphamale clearly stated that marriage has always been between one man and one woman. I proved him wrong by stating same sex marriage has been legal in other countries for quite sometime, so how is that deflecting when it pertains to the topic at hand?

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-13-2012 at 04:07 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 06-11-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
No it hasn't. Maybe in America, sure but in other countries? Not so much. Do your research before you make an even bigger ass out of yourself. Thanks.
Look.

It's not polite to get personal.

We're talking about western civilization and today.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The nuclear family unit provides stability and prevents poverty.
No it doesn't. Provide links, stats, evidence, etc proving this. Pretty sure there are nuclear family units living in poverty. Next.

Quote:
ANY other family structure is weak by comparison.
According to who? You or some bigger business bureau who takes in all the statistical data and provides numbers for us to disseminate?

Quote:
Marriage has procreation at its core.
No it doesn't. I know plenty of married couples who don't want children or can't have children. Again, show me where it says that procreation is required in order for a married couple to be considered married.

Quote:
Just because you live in an alternate universe doesn't make these facts "flimsy".
If by 'alternate' you mean 'reality' and not some fictitious place where having babies is a requirement for being married, then sure. I'll live in this 'alternate' universe you claim exists.

Meanwhile, back in reality, denying one group of people the same rights as everyone else in regards to marriage is against the and the 14th amendment of the Constitution. I suggest you read it.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Look.

It's not polite to get personal.

We're talking about western civilization and today.
I'm not getting personal. I made a statement and you decided to get offended by said statement. That was not a personal attack on your character whatsoever. Stop attempting to derail the conversation and stick to the topic at hand.

I know we're talking about western civilization, but I was addressing his statement of 'marriage has always been between one man and one woman'. Even if I were to just focus on the western civilization part, that will still be false because Canada allows same sex marriage.

Need I continue to prove you wrong still? You're making this too simple.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
No it doesn't. Provide links, stats, evidence, etc proving this. Pretty sure there are nuclear family units living in poverty. Next.

According to who? You or some bigger business bureau who takes in all the statistical data and provides numbers for us to disseminate?

No it doesn't. I know plenty of married couples who don't want children or can't have children. Again, show me where it says that procreation is required in order for a married couple to be considered married.

If by 'alternate' you mean 'reality' and not some fictitious place where having babies is a requirement for being married, then sure. I'll live in this 'alternate' universe you claim exists.

Meanwhile, back in reality, denying one group of people the same rights as everyone else in regards to marriage is against the and the 14th amendment of the Constitution. I suggest you read it.

The reason I ask is because you seem very angry that marriage is between one man and one woman.

You have no "right" to change the definition of marriage.

Live with it.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-11-2012 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 06-11-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
I'm not getting personal. I made a statement and you decided to get offended by said statement. That was not a personal attack on your character whatsoever. Stop attempting to derail the conversation and stick to the topic at hand.

I know we're talking about western civilization, but I was addressing his statement of 'marriage has always been between one man and one woman'. Even if I were to just focus on the western civilization part, that will still be false because Canada allows same sex marriage.

Need I continue to prove you wrong still? You're making this too simple.
Okay.

Show me ONE civilization that had laws defining marriage as "anything goes".....man man, woman woman, man child, child pony, woman dolphin, etc..

I'm all ears.

You're on the clock.......

Old 06-11-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
I take it you're gay?
Nope. Heterosexual much like you.

Quote:
The reason I ask is because you seem very angry that marriage is between one man and one woman.
Angry? No. Disgusted that you want to deny a group of people the same rights and liberties as everyone else as provided to us under the US CONSTITUTION and BILL OF RIGHTS? Yes, very much so. One man and one woman marriage is all fine and well, that I don't have a problem with. If this country is indeed then land of the free then homosexuals ought to have the right to be married to the person they love.

Quote:
You have no "right" to change the definition of marriage.
I do have the "right" to make my opinion be known and to ensure that the group of people you are denying civil liberties and rights to as afforded to us under the US CONSTITUTION get the same opportunities as heterosexuals do. I never once claimed to have the "right" to change anything, but I do have the "right" to state my case and to support it.

YOU, on the other hand, do not have the "right" to dictate what is and what isn't the definition of marriage.

Quote:
Live with it.
How very dictator of you. Denying rights and freedoms to a group of people just because you don't agree with them or their life style. You know who else did that exact thing? Hitler.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Okay.

Show me ONE civilization that had laws defining marriage as "anything goes".....man man, woman woman, man child, child pony, woman dolphin, etc..

I'm all ears.

You're on the clock.......
LOL

Figures once met with resistance, detractors of same sex marriage ALWAYS goes to the most extreme side of the argument! It's hilarious!

We're talking about marriage between two consenting adults who want to spend the rest of their lives with one another. This whole adult/child, adult/animal fantasy your wishing up is disgusting and I am actually worried about your mental state of well being.

Stay on topic of marriage between two consenting adults getting married. Thank you!

Oh and to answer the non-ridiculous part of your question - same sex marriage is allowed in Canada.

Next?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies