Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 01:32 PM

46,191 posts, read 26,935,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
You're right, because you didn't post the house results.
I know, I provided vote that actually put this bill on the presidents desk, the House vote was the first step.....that means the Senate could have trounced it.....not sent it to the president...but they decided to pass the bill.

Quote:
What are you talking about? All but three from each side voted for anti-freedom.

S. 1867: National Defense Authorization Act for ... (On Passage of the Bill) -- GovTrack.us

As usual, wrong again. It was a split vote from the senate [/quote]

Good deflection again, the vote was passed. and the dems could have halted it.. but guess what, they did not....

Quote:
More made up garbage. Like I stated before, ANYONE that supported this bill is wrong including the president. Also pointing out the fact of the tea party's complete hypocrisy and that those whom overwhelmingly supported it, are not surprisingly the tea party/GOP.
Truth hurts huh....

Quote:
Will you man up and admit the GOP is wrong and against freedom? Or do you approve of their overwhelming support for huge government and against the constitution?
I have manned up proving your continuous lies incorrect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 01:41 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,781,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I know, I provided vote that actually put this bill on the presidents desk, the House vote was the first step.....that means the Senate could have trounced it.....not sent it to the president...but they decided to pass the bill.
Good deflection again, the vote was passed. and the dems could have halted it.. but guess what, they did not....
I see, showing whom voted for the bill is deflection
I also see you conveniently don't care about how the GOP/tea party overwhelmingly voted for the bill.
Not to mention the GOP could have filibustered it in the senate, they didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I have manned up proving your continuous lies incorrect.
LOL! The only thing you have proven is that my statement is correct that those on the extreme right are nothing but a bunch of brainwashed idiots that obediently obey their GOP masters, will spin, deflect, twist, absoutly everything when they are wrong to somehow blame the other side, and most importantly, are complete cowards that have the inability to be a man and admit when they are wrong.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:01 PM

46,191 posts, read 26,935,507 times
Quote:
I see, showing whom voted for the bill is deflection
I also see you conveniently don't care about how the GOP/tea party overwhelmingly voted for the bill.
Not to mention the GOP could have filibustered it in the senate, they didn't.
Still don't know where you got that vote from. The below link is from senate.gov and clearly show that more Senate repubs voted against the bill.

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

Quote:
LOL! The only thing you have proven is that my statement is correct that those on the extreme right are nothing but a bunch of brainwashed idiots that obediently obey their GOP masters, will spin, deflect, twist, absoutly everything when they are wrong to somehow blame the other side, and most importantly, are complete cowards that have the inability to be a man and admit when they are wrong.

Maybe you need to go back and reread your entire postings. You bring up what you want when needed. It really does not matter what the house voted on, the DEMS controlled senate passed it, overwhelmingly.

I have many times on this very board admitted I am wrong and even apologized on this board, have you?

Old 05-20-2012, 02:07 PM

749 posts, read 836,524 times
Quote:
LOL! NDAA is a republican bill that had almost unanimous support from the supposed "less government!" "pro-constitution!" GOP/tea party.

The bill is being held up by liberal judge (and Obama appointee) Forrest.

This is a great move to see those that actually stand for freedom and the constitution (the left), are doing just that
I'll give you this: Your posts are chock full of entertainment value.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:16 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,911,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
Whatever you do, don't let tempesT know this....

In trying to wrap his head around that concept, he'll likely implode...
Too many in the "freak show audience" seem to think it is real.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:34 PM

473 posts, read 398,683 times
Judge Forrest is clearly an unpatriotic and unAmerican judge who should be impeached immediately. Doesn't she realize that freedom isn't free? Doesn't she understand that we MUST have this type of law in order to stop the terrorists from staging another 9/11?

NDDA is the right law at the right time. We need the President to have the power to indefinitely detain ANYONE for ANY period of time in order to neutralize any 9/11-type terrorist threats.

So what if the Constitution is violated in the process? Remember, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!! Some tyranny is necessary to give us a sense of security!

Old 05-20-2012, 04:57 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,851,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
Pretty much is the complete opposite of the OP's premise. No, not pretty much, it is the complete opposite of what you are trying to sell. The President clearly states that his administration will not do what you say it will.
Yes, it's okay to pass any unconstitutional law, as long as you attach a note, promising that the current administration won't use it.

Stupidest post of the month.

Quote:
Oh the irony...

Old 05-20-2012, 05:56 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,831,051 times
It will be interesting to see if the Obama Administration appeals the decision. Or if groups will demand he appeal the decision. After all an appeals court has previously upheld the power of the President to indefinitely detain an American citizen arrested on American soil.

José Padilla (prisoner) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On September 9, 2005, a three-judge panel of the Fourth Circuit ruled that President Bush had the authority to detain Padilla without charges
On April 3, 2006, the U.S. Supreme Court declined, with three justices dissenting from denial of certiorari, to hear Padilla's appeal from the 4th Circuit Court's decision that the President had the power to designate him and detain him as an "enemy combatant" without charges and with disregard to habeas corpus

Old 05-20-2012, 06:46 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,029,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Yes, it's okay to pass any unconstitutional law, as long as you attach a note, promising that the current administration won't use it.

Stupidest post of the month.
Do you even know what this bill is about? It is about authorizing the payment to/for the military. Had the President refused to sign it the military would/could have shut down. No pay for the troops, no medical for the vets.
You right wingers would have been livid. I could just imagine the posts - "The President is against the military!" So, in order to keep things running he signs it and adds a signing statement specifically addressing the whole premiss of this thread. He did not write the bill but knew how important it was to implement. He didn't like the language in the counter terrorism section and spelled out precisely how his administration would handle that part. If the President does not honor his signing statement then you have grounds to complain. Until then, you win the stupidest post of the month award. Hands down.

Old 05-20-2012, 06:54 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,851,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
Do you even know what this bill is about? It is about authorizing the payment to/for the military. Had the President refused to sign it the military would/could have shut down. No pay for the troops, no medical for the vets.
You right wingers would have been livid. I could just imagine the posts - "The President is against the military!" So, in order to keep things running he signs it and adds a signing statement specifically addressing the whole premiss of this thread. He did not write the bill but knew how important it was to implement. He didn't like the language in the counter terrorism section and spelled out precisely how his administration would handle that part. If the President does not honor his signing statement then you have grounds to complain. Until then, you win the stupidest post of the month award. Hands down.
What a load of crap. You could use that argument to justify anything. And the indefinite detention component was specifically requested. You do realize that a signing statement isn't worth the ink it's written in, right? Or is the messiah's word that infallible?

Way to move the goalposts btw. Well played.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies