Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 03:34 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times

Advertisements

Washington DC is in such shambles and has been. Sadly, its just going to get worse. Imagine if we had a media where they did their jobs and looked our for you and I, as they are suppose to. The corruption in politics and the media go hand in hand.

Speaking of dumb, who was that clown that said an island would tip over if there were too many people on it? He was from Georgia, I think. Yeah, he got re-elected. Wasnt the only dumb thing he's said either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 03:36 PM

45,223 posts, read 26,437,203 times
America is too far gone and well on its way to collapse.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:36 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
More proof that congress and the fedguv need to be neutered
they certainly do.

i saw a good article on seeking alpha which said, in part:

I have sat back and watched atrocity after atrocity be committed in this downturn. Like all Americans I have watched as public funds have been shifted for private gain, as fraud has been perpetrated, as lie after lie has been paraded in front of Congress, as the Fed has seized all vestiges of Congress’ power to create and control the production and allocation of money supply which is one of the US’s most precious assets, and as Congress and its institutions (including the Fed which is private but is suppose to act on the public’s behalf) bequeath money upon the most unfit institutions rather than the most fit institutions to lead us into the next decade and wonder why nothing works.

So why do I choose to write now? Because now, laid at the feet of the public, is one atrocity that exceeds them all. It is not about money supply which monetarists know can be created at whim by the government as long as they are willing to risk the results (inflation and usually massive corruption as we are witnessing). It is not about taxation, which the government can legally solely whittle away your money to zero, for they can do so by creating more money to the point all your existing money becomes a shadow of its former self.

Rather is is about real assets. It is about the fundamental core of capitalism itself. It is about making your own business, incorporation, employment, and all the functioning of the free market itself. What is being laid at the feet of Congress like some grand trophy is the Fed (representing banking interests) and Treasury (representing banking interests and the executive branch) is their right to seize any company or corporation, irrespective of their solvency if they find it a threat to the greater economy. How is the case made for this type of policy?

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1281...-of-capitalism

Old 05-21-2012, 03:38 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
America is too far gone and well on its way to collapse.
I believe this to be true. The powers that be just don't learn from history.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:39 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Is it possible to get dumber than Nancy Pelosi?
no

Old 05-21-2012, 04:05 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Washington DC is in such shambles and has been. Sadly, its just going to get worse. Imagine if we had a media where they did their jobs and looked our for you and I, as they are suppose to. The corruption in politics and the media go hand in hand.

Speaking of dumb, who was that clown that said an island would tip over if there were too many people on it? He was from Georgia, I think. Yeah, he got re-elected. Wasnt the only dumb thing he's said either.
but it was memorable, especially the reaction it got:

Georgian Congressman Worried Island of Guam Might ‘Tip Over’

Old 05-21-2012, 04:17 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,273,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Is it possible to get dumber than Nancy Pelosi?
Mitch Mcconnel (yurtle the turtle), John Boehner (basket ball-faced drunkard), and who could forget Eric Cantor, the impish, bratty child of a man who has no right speaking to the POTUS the way he does. Oh yeah, don't forget Romney's favorite little boy toy Paul Ryan, who thinks Ayn Rand wrote her novels for rich, greedy white men who whine about a 20% tax rate, and not for people under the boot of true oppression. In Rand's case that would be the Porgroms in eastern Europe that drove her family to America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies