Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 02:02 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
The far right wing dosnt matter. Indy's decide elections . They realize there are far members on both sides. No indy is not going to vote for Romney because somewhere there is a member of his party who prays everyday. Hell many dont even like Romney. They will vote for him for one reason and one reason only, he's not Obama.
It is "Inde" as in "Independent", I am one and so are many people I know, right now none of them are willing to vote for Romney so that kills your claim. Watch and learn in November

Old 05-22-2012, 02:03 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Um, at least 1 of them is projected to be on Romneys short list for vp candidates..
Maybe anchor baby Rubio but neither of the other two.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:04 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,806 times
lets be honest here, there is no way the republican party will have 3 minorities be the face of their party.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:04 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
It is "Inde" as in "Independent", I am one and so are many people I know, right now none of them are willing to vote for Romney so that kills your claim. Watch and learn in November
Romney is ahead of Obama in most polls among independents

Here are two recent ones:

Poll: Romney has slight edge over Obama - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Battleground Poll: Obama, Romney in dead heat - James Hohmann - POLITICO.com

The independents you know obviously =/= most independents

You are a hardcore Obama lover so I don't know if you can fairly call yourself an independent. Most independents are not Obama lovers any longer.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:11 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
You might want to read HB 2162 which was passed shortly after SB 1070. In my post, I said that a separate law specified that racial profiling was not allowed and stops solely for the purpose of checking immigration status were not allowed.

Arizona governor signs bill revising new immigration law
I don't think it worked. This is the USA Today less than a month ago and as you know Arpaio is under investigation for racial profiling.

"...As I sought to pay my respects to one of my heroes, a police officer profiled me, detained me and demanded documentation. In what has become a familiar scenario in my home state, I reminded him of nonconsensual searches, asked for reasons for the baseless stop and was eventually released without complying with his unlawful investigation.

What had started in Arizona is spreading. Arizona-style policies across the country now threaten the wins and protections previous movement leaders fought and died for. And I believe we have come too far to go back now.

Shortly after I returned home, news broke that, in his obsession with immigration, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's office neglected to investigate hundreds of sexual-abuse cases of children in our area. Quickly following that, the Department of Justice concluded its investigation of the sheriff, citing the "worst case of racial profiling" investigators had ever personally witnessed."

Civil-rights wins at stake in SB 1070 hearing - USATODAY.com

Old 05-22-2012, 02:12 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post

I will watch and learn. If your willing to vote for Obama after the mess he has made , or failed to fix, maybe you are not as " inde" as you would like to think.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:16 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Who said that they were the only ones? I don't have time to list every minority in the repuplican. If you were truly interested in the subject there is this thing called google, but we know you're just here to troll. In typical liberal fashion, instead of discussing the topic, change the subject.
Really? Is that what you got from my post. I actually was discussing the topic. You know, The new face of the Republican Party. I actually like Mia Love but I don't live in Utah. And also what I said was true: The demographics of the Republican party will change. Either that or die.

Now I ask you, how is that statement false or not on topic?

Btw, I'm not liberal nor a Democrat. So, maybe you should take it a couple of notches back there, champ.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:16 PM

75 posts, read 58,738 times
Quote:
I will watch and learn. If your willing to vote for Obama after the mess he has made , or failed to fix, maybe you are not as " inde" as you would like to think.
what mess did he make?
and while not fixed yet, how is it not getting better?

I won't even bother discussing how without Republican intransigence we would have been fine by now, because you can't argue hypotheticals and your point that we'd be WORSE would be just as valid (even though it's most likely wrong)

Old 05-22-2012, 02:19 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,565 times
The left should realy try and sell the great state of the economy in the next election. I think thats a great strategy.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:22 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
The left should realy try and sell the great state of the economy in the next election. I think thats a great strategy.
LMAO! The only thing more funny is Facebook stock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies