Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 12:21 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Obama's birthplace is irelevant to his clear beahvior that demonstrates he is alien to American life, politics and culture.

Thus it is clear Obama is not an American.
American culture is not monolithic.
Are you familiar with all its infinite variations?
My guess would be no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 01:40 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,936,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
LOL.

this is an easy one.

if you bow to foreign princes.
if you hold huge rallies in other countries appologizing for America
if you run with the "blame America first" crowd....

then you are not a good Amerian.

Obama is all the above.

how about you?
If you completely make up facts out of thin air, you are a member of the "Tea Bagger" crowd. Nothing you just said has any merit or basis in fact. Your delusions and flights of fancy astound me

Old 05-23-2012, 01:42 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
So, in your erudite opinion, Hawaiians and Alaskans arent "real 'Murricans"?
They are not connected to the 48 they have some of their own indigenous people who don't consider themselves Americans who rather be independent of the U.S. some of them love US some of them don't.

Indonesia is a Muslim country and culture and we don't chop peoples heads off here because people change their religious affiliations.

American Samoa,Guam,Puerto Rico are dependent on US but probably not wanting statehood but I know these very people served the flag of the United States thus received Citizenship.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:42 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
NO, he agrees that Obama's citizenship is valid BUT that he doesn't think Obama is not an American in his heart as he doesn't think Obama shares a belief in American exceptionalism.

I would agree. Obama having been raised much of his life outside the U.S. I also don't believe he shares traditional American values.
So what do you believe are traditional American values.

Traditional American values in my book are multiculturalism, the rich paying their fair share in taxes, a strong public school system and industrialism. From my point of view it seems most Republicans don’t share traditional American values...

Old 05-23-2012, 01:46 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Obama's birthplace is irelevant to his clear beahvior that demonstrates he is alien to American life, politics and culture.

Thus it is clear Obama is not an American.
Oh, so anyone who disagrees with you isn't an American? I'll bet that would include the majority of Americans. You know what? People with your values already tried to secede from the Union once. It didn't work out. But I'll give you a little tip: a lot of the people who were unhappy with the "regime change" in South Africa moved to Russia. You might consider following suit.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:49 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default Republican Congressman, Says Obama Is 'Not An American

Old Gringo says Republican congressman is not a moron.

He doesn't qualify.

Moron is a term once used in psychology to denote mild mental retardation

Moron (psychology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-23-2012, 01:50 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
They are not connected to the 48 they have some of their own indigenous people who don't consider themselves Americans who rather be independent of the U.S. some of them love US some of them don't.

Indonesia is a Muslim country and culture and we don't chop peoples heads off here because people change their religious affiliations.

American Samoa,Guam,Puerto Rico are dependent on US but probably not wanting statehood but I know these very people served the flag of the United States thus received Citizenship.
Um, Puerto Ricans are US citizens.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:52 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
How does one act like an American is a good question, but not the question at hand.

The Congressman said, 'In his heart he's not an American'. It's not acting, it actions that lead the Congressman to his opinion. It is of course, only an opinion.

He did NOT say better American, he simply indicates his dissatisfaction with the actions of the country's elected leader. Which would lead me to form the opinion that YOU are satisfied with the actions of our Dear Leader.

So be it. We can agree to disagree. At least until or unless proven results of November change things.
How do you know what's in that congressman’s heart is discontent from actions and not prejudice? Did you get his attention with the Republican foot tap in a bathroom stall and convince him to pour his heart out to you… I don't think so...

Old 05-23-2012, 01:55 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
If you completely make up facts out of thin air, you are a member of the "Tea Bagger" crowd. Nothing you just said has any merit or basis in fact. Your delusions and flights of fancy astound me
A teabagger is a deragatory term for homosexual men so why does the left continue to call the "teapartiers" that term if not to demonize them?

Old 05-23-2012, 01:59 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Um, Puerto Ricans are US citizens.
uhm

yes and no

they are citizens..but cannot vote in the presidential elctions
\

Federal voting rights in Puerto Rico - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies