Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2012, 02:00 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,902,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
In case you don't know, there are times each month that a woman is fertile and other times she is not. Use self control on your most fertile days so it is very unlikely you will get pregnant. If you have no self control do not be surprised when you get pregnant when your BC fails.

There are ways to know when you are ovulating but I will leave that up to you to do the research. I can't do it all for you.
People have known this for centuries - yet the "sexual revolution" people ignore it. I wonder why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 02:00 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,248,905 times
Quote:
In case you don't know, there are times each month that a woman is fertile and other times she is not.
Yes, but in times of stress, or a medical condition, these "times of the month" can vary. some women have a 28 day cycle. Some women are 33 days. Some women are 21 days.

Its not the same for every woman, and even environmental and physical interference can change the cycle for some women.

Or they could be like my aunt, and only have a period 3 times a year due to a medical condition, but as to when those 3 times happen, its anyone's guess.

It took her 5 years to finally get pregnant, because her religious faith didn't believe in INVITRO, or any pregnancy aiding medicine.

Quote:
Use self control on your most fertile days so it is very unlikely you will get pregnant. If you have no self control do not be surprised when you get pregnant when your BC fails.
and this is where you women rights hating bigots fail to figure it out. even when people are the most careful, things happen. Should they be punished for an accident?

Should you be punished because a drunk driver hit you in the crosswalk and you are rendered as a paraplegic for the rest of your life?

Old 05-30-2012, 02:01 AM

23,653 posts, read 17,423,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
By law you have the first trimester to make your decision. After that, unless its a medical emergency, you're SOL. You had your chance. I agree with the law.
You never heard of late term abortionists? They will do it up to the due date if a woman says she is too distressed to have a baby. If you can travel to one, they will do it. Abortion is big business and people have grown rich, they will accommodate their customers.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:01 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,255,902 times
Quote:
In case you don't know, there are times each month that a woman is fertile and other times she is not. Use self control on your most fertile days so it is very unlikely you will get pregnant. If you have no self control do not be surprised when you get pregnant when your BC fails.

There are ways to know when you are ovulating but I will leave that up to you to do the research. I can't do it all for you.
In case you didn't know, not everyone can schedule their sexual urges, sometimes it happens without any planning or appointments, crazy right???

Old 05-30-2012, 02:02 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,248,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
It was in a pan - and I imagined it going into my mouth. Any egg that enters my mouth and cooked outside the shell is scrambled. In my mind - whatever manner that egg was being cooked in doesn't exist.
see,g you're dreaming. Seeing things that aren't there. like seeing a fetus as a baby.

we know that you have a wild imagination, but remember, your imagination isn't the reality.

3,400 posts, read 8,008,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You and I are similar. You don't want children - and I am not willing to actively seek a life mate until I feel that I am able to support children at a certain standard. Yet, I am willing to abstain from sex due to my single status - and you say that you would abort an "accident" if one occurred while you are intimate with your husband. Sorry - but I think that i am a teensy bit more responsible than you.
And I think you're 35, a virgin, and the longer you wait the more difficult it will be for you to even FIND a mate, and if you do,even at your age your chances of her being able to safely reproduce are dropping by the year.
Should I be stupid enough to want children, I still have options. Yours, my friend, are dwindling.

I am not single. Nor will I be. Therefore, I do not abstain from sex. No, we are not similar.

29,095 posts, read 25,902,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Ignorant and arrogant - not a good look for anyone. So, again, when a woman gets pregnant despite the IUD, what then?
They deliver the baby. If they don't want the baby - they are lot's of people who wish to adopt. In reference to one of Savoir Faire's comments - perhaps I and my future wife will be one of them.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:04 AM

23,653 posts, read 17,423,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Yes, but in times of stress, or a medical condition, these "times of the month" can vary. some women have a 28 day cycle. Some women are 33 days. Some women are 21 days.

Its not the same for every woman, and even environmental and physical interference can change the cycle for some women.

Or they could be like my aunt, and only have a period 3 times a year due to a medical condition, but as to when those 3 times happen, its anyone's guess.

It took her 5 years to finally get pregnant, because her religious faith didn't believe in INVITRO, or any pregnancy aiding medicine.

and this is where you women rights hating bigots fail to figure it out. even when people are the most careful, things happen. Should they be punished for an accident?

Should you be punished because a drunk driver hit you in the crosswalk and you are rendered as a paraplegic for the rest of your life?
Should the innocent life/baby be the one punished? The baby is in the crosswalk and you are the drunk driver killing him or her.

11,531 posts, read 10,255,902 times
Quote:
You never heard of late term abortionists?
Late term abortions make up a very small fraction of abortions, somewhere around 1 percent - 4 percent.

16,226 posts, read 27,297,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
She should deal with the punishment, I mean consequences.

Sinners shall be punished, so says the good book.
Praise the LORD and the embryo JESUS! I mean, BABY. BABY Jesus. Reading through this thread, I am beginning to confuse the two.

Hallelujah, can I get an Amen! Testify, brothah, tes-ti-FY!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies