Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2012, 01:24 AM

16,226 posts, read 27,310,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
That "safe and effective medical procedure" that you describe so antiseptically happens to involve killing a human life. Sorry to have to remind you about that no doubt inconvenient fact. Also, if you are unwilling to go through a pregnancy - than you had ample time to think about that before having sex. See - I am pro-choice: I think both a man and a woman have a choice before they make a baby.
No it doesn't involve killing anyone. Sorry to have to remind you that the general consensus and the law is not on your side. Stop trying to tell people when with whom and how to have sexual intercourse. No one cares how you perceive a common bodily function. If you don't like it then don't do it. Problem solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 01:24 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,911,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
If you are a 14 year old girl knocked up living in extreme poverty , you best be damn sure a pregnancy is an accident
You know full well that I am not referring to pregnancies that are in no way the fault of the potential mother.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
We should be embracing responsible reproduction...
I am advocating for responsible reproduction.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:27 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,259,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I have read that this generation of young people is more pro-life than any in recent history. Yet this same generation went crazy for Obama in 2008. If that's the way they vote it doesn't matter how pro-life they claim to be,they only have themselves to blame for every new pro-choice Supreme Court justice.

Personally I have no strong opinion on the subject. But I do want to see every pro-lifer vote Republican.
Many Republicans are pro-choice,

Quote:
I was effectively pro-choice when I ran for office -Mitt Romney

Old 05-30-2012, 01:28 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,837,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
I haven't heard any pro-life individuals defending the rampage in Afghanistan, and while I can certainly see them as a group being more militaristic than the pro-choice crowd, it is not a universal characteristic among pro-lifers, nor is it essential to the stance. I would suspect it is more of an artifact of the two-party system, or deeper causes that I do not have the time to get into in this post. There are lots of people like me who opposed the war in Iraq yet were and are pro-life. Painting an entire group with such a broad stroke is no better or more intelligent than saying that the French are a bunch of cheese-eating surrender monkeys or that the Occupy crowd consists of unemployed communist hippies.
I'm anti-death.

Anti-abortion, Anti-death penalty, anti-war...

What does that make me?

Old 05-30-2012, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
But I do want to see every pro-lifer vote Republican.
Why? Abortion should not be a partisan issue - it is a moral one.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:29 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,011,041 times
Quote:
It really is best that you don't want children if you can be so coldhearted in your references to them. Cancer?

(shakes head).
Yes, cancer. Cancer is a clump of cells, JUST like a fetus. Both live off of you, and BOTH can kill you. I dont operate via stupid emotions. In this case, science and observation rule the day.

I also dont get all warm and fuzzy when I see a kid. i either ignore it or want to shut it up. Otherwise Im indifferent as long as they leave me alone.
THIS thing is what babies remind me of, actually. Nothing 'cute' about it.

Test Project 0001 - YouTube

23,653 posts, read 17,436,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Late term abortions make up a very small fraction of abortions, somewhere around 1 percent - 4 percent.
No one knows but I am glad you do know they exist.

7,541 posts, read 6,250,971 times
Quote:
It is only irrelevant in your mind - because if you have to face the fact that you are discussing the destruction of a human life - then you lose any moral standing to debate - not that you have any in the first place. You just convnice a lot of people that you are talking about a "few cells" and think, whew - now I am on solid ground.
sorry, its not in my mind. Its based on scientific fact and the law. A fetus is not a human; and no amount of rhetoric on your part will CHANGE this fact.

Quote:
Umm - no you are not. You support killing innocent life - period.
No, I support the rights of women to do with their body as they see fit. I am against murder. Abortion is not murder, no matter how much you want to lie about that.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:30 AM

16,226 posts, read 27,310,543 times
Quote:
You know full well that I am not referring to pregnancies that are in no way the fault of the potential mother.
Who decides who's 'fault' a given pregnancy is? Are we going to need to establish fault committees to place blame? We as a nation are already too broke to care for the people who are already alive, where are we going to find the resources to add another million+ people each year?

I'd love to read a pro lifer's take on this little issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies