Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 02:17 PM

5,654 posts, read 5,144,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Here's one in Spain. Dated March 20, 2012
Could you show me some from any of the broadcasting media from the countries involved please? No Christian groups or anti -Islamist ones please, just neutral would do me fine, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 02:22 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
I guess you are in favor of stoning women and beheading infidels as well?
I'm not in favor of women submitting to their husbands. But I know Christians here in the United States who believe that a woman has no opinions, her husband tells her what to think. I know Christians here in the United States that believe a woman should never cut her hair, but that she should never appear outside without it being covered. I know Christians here in the United States that believe that a woman should never wear pants, and that she should always wear long sleeves, long dresses, high collars, because showing a woman's skin is anathema to the Lord. I've been to Christian churches here in the United States where preachers have said that being black is the mark of Cain, and that all black people will go to Hell. And all Catholics, and all Methodists, and all Presbyterians, going to Hell because they don't follow the righteous path. I've heard Fred Phelps say that all Americans are going to Hell because we tolerate homosexuality. I live in a country where we put people to death, and so do you. Being beheaded would be much better than being electrocuted, frankly.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:23 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,239,057 times
Quote:
I guess you are in favor of stoning women and beheading infidels as well?
Christians do it to devil and witch children in Africa.
Do you support those actions?
See, I can be just as illogical in my posting as you are.

Quote:
Do they advocate to stone women who commit adultery?
They advocate second class citizenry for women; complete submission in marriage.
Stoning?
If they could get away with it, I'm sure they would.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
It has evolved in the modern world.
It is evolving in the modern world. All religious belief is evolving, all the time.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:26 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,584,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It is evolving in the modern world. All religious belief is evolving, all the time.
Right. Only Islam isn't.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Right. Only Islam isn't.
Wrong. All religious belief is evolving all the time.

And look at your sentence above. PREJUDICED, much?

You might want to consider when you focus on the second-class status of women, that that's fundamental to ABRAHAM and his teachings. Judaism and Christians treat women as second-class citizens just as much as Islam does. It was legal in the United States to rape your wife less than fifty years ago. Not five-hundred and fifty years ago. LESS THAN FIFTY years ago. It does take time for religions to overcome fundamental ideas like the inferiority of women. But pointing fingers at Islam doesn't make the Christians who still believe in that inferiority disappear. Islam isn't culturally in the middle ages by any stretch of the imagination.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:37 PM

7,801 posts, read 10,087,054 times
Whatever happened to the idea of:
- France for the FRENCH
- The Netherlands for the DUTCH
- Germany for the GERMANS
- Britain for the BRITISH
- The United States for the AMERICANS
???????????????????

Why must every 'Western' or in our case "Anglo" nation allow in unlimited numbers of immigrants, many of whom hold alien cultural values? Why? Why can't we have our land for ourselves?

Old 05-23-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
- France for the FRENCH
???????????????????

Why must every 'Western' or in our case "Anglo" nation allow in unlimited numbers of immigrants, many of whom hold alien cultural values? Why? Why can't we have our land for ourselves?
Because France for the French never existed. People have always emigrated.
Chopin wasn't French, you know.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:43 PM

14,249 posts, read 17,887,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
- France for the FRENCH
???????????????????

That is exactly what a Navajo friend of mine said

Old 05-23-2012, 02:46 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,769,662 times
Quote:
It has evolved in the modern world.
While "progressed" might be a better word, what do you say of people who oppose such evolution? Radicals?

Quote:
I only detest radical sides of Religion. I don't detest any religion. Don't put words in my mouth.
Quoting you isn't putting words in your mouth, is it? So, why are you averse to associating religious fundamentalism with Christianity (for example), and are keen on applying "radical" only with Islam?

See, when you respond logically, you won't have the desire to complain about words being put in your mouth. It is why you should communicate!

Quote:
If you want to make that argument. Go ahead.
I did. Clearly, you didn't like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies