Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 09:03 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Right wingers love small government...except when they want it to kill or maim people, let's chemically castrate a guy who nails a 17 year old girl Just lock people up, this isn't Iran as much as the Teabaggers want it to be a Christian version.
We're not talking about the 18-20 year old that shags a 17 year old. Nor the guy caught peeing in the bushes, nor the guy that moons someone as a harmless prank. You missed the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
And the serial rapist?
What about repeat offenders?
What about the pedophile who abuses the 5 yearold child?
Sure just lock them up right? Or we can in fact put an end to the threat inside or outside of prison from that individual.
I know I know we are all humans right? Well I am not one of them.
We're talking about what tinman has stated above and in which I've bolded!

Quote:
If they're locked up for life, how exactly are they going to molest or rape anymore You may want nothing more than a huge government that decides whether we live or die but that's a dangerous slope.
Fine! Lock them up for life! Hard time! Solitary confinement! Feed them bread and water! I'm OK with that! Rapists and pedophiles are about as low as you can get, and they do not deserve to walk among us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 09:37 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Right wingers love small government...except when they want it to kill or maim people, let's chemically castrate a guy who nails a 17 year old girl Just lock people up, this isn't Iran as much as the Teabaggers want it to be a Christian version.
Polize, don't even start...do you know how many Children are sexually molested in this country? and yeah, if he takes a 17 year old, she's under age and it's against the law...Period!

I'm not a teabagger, but the number of kids who have been molested is way to many....it's gotta stop! You can talk like that until it happens close to home and it's your daughter or your sister, then you will sing a different tune.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:50 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I was "molested" by an underage girl before I was a teen. I remember that day many, many years later. I am still grinning.

Setting arbirtary age of consent is one of the more foolish things we do to our society. Some boys and girls are ready for, and have, sex way before 17 and some are never ready. That is just the way it is.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:03 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,936,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Polize, don't even start...do you know how many Children are sexually molested in this country? and yeah, if he takes a 17 year old, she's under age and it's against the law...Period!

I'm not a teabagger, but the number of kids who have been molested is way to many....it's gotta stop! You can talk like that until it happens close to home and it's your daughter or your sister, then you will sing a different tune.
So having sex with a girl a day before she turns 18 = chemically castrate the man. The day after = nothing. I know there's an emotional component but law doesn't let you be a vigilante if someone wrongs you. If someone slept with my wife and I caught them, I might be tempted to violently assault the person. That would be illegal as it should be. Law is not supposed to conform to emotional reactions. There are always people who are wrongfully accused and it is wrong to maim or kill them when there are cracks in our justice system. I know the right wing crowd likes to execute mentally challenged people because it "feels good" to bring someone to justice and is considered "macho", but it's morally wrong for a government to kill or maim its citizens when you can lock them up. I don't understand why right wingers think government is way overstepping its bounds in providing health care for its citizens but is not doing enough to kill its citizens put on trial by our faulty system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies