Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 08:07 PM

294 posts, read 350,917 times

Advertisements

I am a man who's truly felt the effects of the past 4+ years. In 2008 I had my best year of work ever, I made almost 6 figures. I ran into a buzz saw at work, losing my job due to the neglegence of those whom I'd placed my trust. Over the next three years I tried to be a good father, rely on my wife to keep things going, only to find that she'd learned to no longer want to be married to me because I wasn't dealing with what has happened to the America I'd known. I've tried my best to find a good job, or even one I had a minimal chance a succeeding at, only to find a lot of "scams" and "beauty contests" that were unlike anything I'd ever seen in my lifetime. Today I lost a vague chance I'd signed up for, out of desperation, a telephone job. As of this Monday, I was recognized as a top performer in the company I worked at, Monday and Tuesday I found it difficult to match my "first" week's results, around half the same results. Today, I was let go for not performing at a satisfactory level.

My six year old sort of understands what's happened for "daddy", but my three year old is upset with me for not setting things straight, that daddy hasn't been able to fix things and be there in his life has "only" disappointed him. Through my conservative eyes I look at Barack Obama and see someone who's assumed the roll of the "eager beaver" damming or damning the "stream of progress" to make a lot of social and politically expedient initiatives which have kept the big fish of this world in the deep protected waters of a government protected estuary. As a small fish, I feel the "trickle down" of some water in the stream of things was far more worth it than what I'm looking at now. Let the onslaught of liberally minded ideas begin. I would truly like to find a relevant train of thought contrary to my own. Suit up liberals. You are not your job, you are not your khakis, you are the all seeing all dancing crap of the world, you probably know the rest of the theme. Tell me what I need to know to see just how wrong I am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 08:20 PM

C'mon, 12 minutes, I really can't find someone motivated to put me in my place, that's sad.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:24 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,707,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikensquire View Post
C'mon, 12 minutes, I really can't find someone motivated to put me in my place, that's sad.

well it's been that way for awhile!!! the big fish eating up all the smaller fish, that is...

cant blame it all on the big O!!! ya know..

Old 05-23-2012, 08:27 PM

Wow, I am unimpressed. If there are no "true" believers, Romney was wise to wait 4 years for this.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
well it's been that way for awhile!!! the big fish eating up all the smaller fish, that is...

cant blame it all on the big O!!! ya know..

Not blaming it all on the "big O". Just looking for some perspective from the left side.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:34 PM

If it helps, sometimes I wear a hoodie. I also enjoy Skittles, if there's no Snickers or Milkie Ways available.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:37 PM

I guess I should have gone with my "Masterbaters vs. homosexuals" argument, who has the upper hand?

Old 05-23-2012, 09:00 PM

Puzzled, I am. I truly thought some foreward thinking person might set me straight.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:17 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,491,882 times
I'm sorry, but I couldn't follow all that you were saying. What is it you want? A reason to vote for Obama?

Old 05-23-2012, 09:23 PM

Zacktly!!! Tell me what you truly believe in, somethin'! I hear the non-sense, the real truth would be refreshing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies