Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 06:51 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,318 times

Advertisements

But don't forget that redheads have been getting perfectly normal heterosexual males killed since the beginning of time.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:53 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Your cousin did not descide to be gay, he a was gay, period. FYI you cannot teach someone to hetrosexual any more than you can teach someone to be gay. I would add I am dubious that this story is even true, I wonder why that is.
This thread is a major Failure.
If you don't believe it, or that other families don't also go through the same thing, then you won't have any problem not making any more comments on this thread.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:55 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
To the OP:

Didn't we already have this thread recently? I'm getting a sense of deja-vu.

Oh here it is. Its equally inane as this one.

1 in 5 of homosexuals and bisexual men have HIV!
If you don't like it - go to a different thread.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:56 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Do some people even know what they are?

Explain this to me. My DIL's mother was married twice. One marriage produced 3 kids the other marriage produced 1. Now almost 30 years later she is with a woman.

What happened? Seems it might be some women just give up on men and decide it's easier to change teams. Can't have a happy marriage then hook up with a woman. Is she happy now? That is to be announced in probably 2 years or so.
1) She was always bisexual.
2) She was always gay and denied her true self.

The only "decision" she made was to allow herself to feel her same-sex attraction. Having those attractions aren't a choice--being honest with yourself and other people is. Take it from a lesbian who had to play straight.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:00 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
I've also talked to a few gay men who were in life-long heterosexual marriages, and often their wives divorced them because they could tell that their husbands were absent during sex or clearly fantasizing about something else. It wasn't always just about the husband coming out, but the wife realizing that her husband is not straight. In one case, I talked to a man who said two of his three children could tell while growing up that their father was gay. It always breaks my heart to hear stories like this, that someone doesn't feel like they can be who they truly are because of the ignorance and hatred spread by people within their communities.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:04 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulseoul View Post
You made poor life choices. I went to college. I am in the process of starting a masters program. Currently I am a teacher in Seoul. I worked with autistic children and prior to that worked at an upscale insurance firm. I don't do drugs. I drink on a weekly basis. I lead a very average life. ..with my boyfriend. Guess what? There is no such thing as the gay lifestyle. Your poor choices are a reflection of your insecurities and faulty decisions. It is not a reflection of what you call "the gay lifestyle". In high school, I would routinely donate either my time or my money.

I think what you're doing is quite dangerous as it portrays one aspect of life. The same things occur with heterosexuals. I know many straight people do drugs, go to clubs routinely, and hookup without consequence. These things happen due to choice. Sexuality is not part of that choice.

As we speak, I'm planning on what organizations I can volunteer while I spend vacation time in the states.

I'm sick and tired about hearing the term "gay lifestyle". I hate shopping. I don't do the stereotypical hand thing. My voice is very deep. I love video games. I like sports (albeit I like watching sports with others since I've always was part of a team of some sort so I like the camaraderie of rooting for a cause). I don't have tons of random sex (I'm exactly in line with my straight friends). Yet, I'm in a long term committed relationship. Am I living the gay lifestyle?
Well said and you speak for and represent a very large population of gay men and women.

I would say you are living your life. How you live is a choice. One thing in life people don't get is to "choose" is their sexuality.

Education can fix ignorance, but you can't fix stupid.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:06 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
I don't know about your niece ... but a lot of the posters here are just harkening for what they think is love.

Instead of waiting for the right woman to come along.
Sweetie, the 'right woman comes along' for straight men and lesbians, not gay men. For them, the 'right man comes along'.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:07 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
I must be living in the wrong "gay lifestyle".
I get up at 5:30 to fix coffee, and make lunch for my partner.
She goes to work at 6:15. I then clean house, do laundry, yard work, home remodeling, play with the kids and dogs. Some days I go fishing in our pond, or go to the farm down the road to buy veggies.
Then I cook dinner, we eat, and I do dishes. We might watch TV until 10:30. then we brush our teeth and go to bed.
Sometimes on weekends we go to flea markets, farmers markets, the park to let the dogs play and feed the ducks, maybe even go out to dinner.
I rarely drink. Don't do drugs. And haven't been to a club in years.

Our hetero friends say we are boring.
Maybe everyone has their OWN lifestyle.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:14 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
To the OP:

Didn't we already have this thread recently? I'm getting a sense of deja-vu.

Oh here it is. Its equally inane as this one.

1 in 5 of homosexuals and bisexual men have HIV!
Could there be more to his "interest" in homosexuality? Could it be his own fears? Or just plain hatred?

Old 05-24-2012, 07:18 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Perhaps it is not a sexual relationship...People do get lonely, especially after living so long in relationships.
I used to faciltate a lesbian 'coming out' group for several years.

There were plenty of older women who had been married and had children. The most common themes were 'they got married young and it never felt right with a man' 'they thought they were sexually frigid until they fell in love with a woman' 'they got married to a man because that was expected of them' 'they knew they were attracted to women, but didn't want to be lesbians so they got married to a man'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies