Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 08:57 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,439,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
I agree. Because of these prices, I am spending more on gas than my house payment per month. I am not electing anyone that has allowed this country to become so difficult to live in and prosper.
If you are spending more on gas than your house, then I suggest you get a vehicle that gets better gas milage. Don't blame Obama for your bad choices. I spend roughly $100 a month on 3 vehicles. I only wish my house payment was that low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 08:58 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,335,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
3.65 gallon is going down??
Count your blessings. Gas is $4.35 a gallon around here, HIGHER than it was last week. Gee, thanks Obama, if gas prices continue to "go down" like this we'll only be paying $5.00 by August.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:16 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Count your blessings. Gas is $4.35 a gallon around here, HIGHER than it was last week. Gee, thanks Obama, if gas prices continue to "go down" like this we'll only be paying $5.00 by August.
Right. Because Obama personally flew to CA and WA and caused refineries to have issues and set one of them on fire.

The right really has gone off the deep end. The hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:13 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,824,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Maybe because gas prices aren't actually falling? $4.33 / gallon here today, which is UP from where it was yesterday. Thanks Obama!
I have seen gas prices here in Central Florida at $3.31 a gallon and still going down. Even though gas prices are going down we still see some out there treating this as somehing to "blame" the President for......... WOW how moronic is that??????????????

Old 05-27-2012, 08:21 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,186,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
I have seen gas prices here in Central Florida at $3.31 a gallon and still going down. Even though gas prices are going down we still see some out there treating this as somehing to "blame" the President for......... WOW how moronic is that??????????????
Yep, the holiday weekend price jump bombed here. Low prices are $3.50 and they should drop a bit seeing the price of crude is $15 below what it was a few weeks ago.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:21 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,894,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Dec 31 2008 gas prices where 1.61 a gallon. Get back to us when gas prices hit 1.60 a gallon.

Gas Price Historical Price Charts - GasBuddy.com
That's a particularly dishonest claim. Gas prices fell sharply because the country was about to enter a depression. That $1.61 was by no means typical of gasoline prices of the time and was a six-year low. Six=months earlier they were $4.50. Nobody attempting to argue honestly would make the claim that you made.

While you cynically ask, "Get back to us when gas prices hit 1.60 a gallon," we hope they don't, as they represent a severely weak economy. I'd rather have $3.60 gas prices and a stronger economy, thank you.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
As many as you say, he is not responsible for the rising gas prices. Guess what he is not responsbile for lower gas prices either.
And that only depends on where you live. Prices on gas are still rising in a lot of different areas, believe me. In fact it was up 5 more cents just two days ago, i was pissed.
That's true. If one is going to blame Obama for high gas prices then Obama should get credit for record low natural gas prices -- which you never hear the right wing doing.

Bush wasn't directly responsible for $4.50 gas prices nor the low $1.61 prices, either.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
really? please let us know when a gallon of gas is costing us less than 2 dollars a gallon. until then obama isnt doing crap.
Why, just before the last election the NATIONAL AVERAGE for gas was over $4.12 a gallon. Today we're well below those record high. Obama must be doing something right.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
That's true. If one is going to blame Obama for high gas prices then Obama should get credit for record low natural gas prices -- which you never hear the right wing doing.

Bush wasn't directly responsible for $4.50 gas prices nor the low $1.61 prices, either.
LOL, that where you're wrong, the fall off in price in late 2008 was all bush's fault, his GREAT RECESSION was responsible. Hopefully we never see another price fall off like that.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
LOL, that where you're wrong, the fall off in price in late 2008 was all bush's fault, his GREAT RECESSION was responsible. Hopefully we never see another price fall off like that.
While true, I accounted for that. Read the post again"

Quote:
Yes, Bush's economic disaster resulted in gas dropping by 2/3 but Bush didn't set out to drop those prices or did he set out to raise them to $4.50.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies