Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 05:10 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
When someone destroys your home it costs a fortune to repair it and get it back to how it was........ same with Obama...... he used stimulus to save America and NOT the austerity measures that the Republican party with Romney and the Ryan budget want to do and Europe has done to the cost of the economy in Europe.
Our Economy IS getting better yet the right want to destroy the recovery by bringing back Bush's failed poicies......... Morons!
He use Stinulus to pay off is special interest like teqachers aqnd governamnt worker;look at the spend availble on the web. Remmeber he sold it to congress as a massive infrastructure bill whic would create huge number of jobs and keep unemployent raqte below &%;fail. He then took the second half of TARP which was passed under Bush and designated for housing and spent it on GM ;Chrysler and union bailouts. Geithner over three years ago annouced a public/private hounig plan soon. It never arrived. Why;because i the Chryyler and Gm forsed bankropcy they gave huge hiarcuts to bondholders who would be near top of recovery list under noraqml bankrupcy ;so no one wanted to be in a public/private plan with this administration. Its like the unemployemnt rate;who knows because tha non-participatio rate is at 44% of people of adult workig age that aren't even lookig for work now and thus not counted.Obam has in 31/2 years added just about very groupo he needs to his enemies list and can't get a budget passed even in democratic seante nor can he get a energy bill thru.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 05:11 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
For the same reason that those who criticized Bush for high gas prices after Katrina didn't give him credit when they came down.
well, the differences are obvious. If you are referring to pure politics then yes... but you can't compare Katrina to anything else for impacting/disrupting gas prices.
If you remember, gas prices also went up in the summer of 2008. Our economy quickly dove off the deep end. Coincidence? I think not!

You may also remember that the US planned on drilling offshore. The result? Gas prices dropped like a rock! Don't believe me? Check out gas prices from the fall of 2008 thru early 2009.
What happened After Obama took over??? gas prices climbed.
What happened after the oil spill? gas prices climbed, AND we decided not to drill! Maybe Obama does not want gas prices to drop?
Lets make him pay for our lost $$$ over the past 4 years!

Old 05-24-2012, 05:11 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Stimulus have been proven a failure.
No it hasn't...................
4.5 million jobs back under the stimulus.
The auto industry saved under the stimulus.
Jobs coming back from overseas under the stimulus.
The economy improving under the stimulus.
Europe FAILING under austerity........... now tell me which measure is failing?

Old 05-24-2012, 05:13 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Drilling has been shoved outside the 200 mile limit zone thus making it more costly to pursue. Also take note that the LOST treaty is being churned up again by hanoi john ketchup meiser kerry in the senate that forces the US to share oil royalties outside the 200 mile zone with other countries. Koinkydink I think not. More share the wealth mantra as the US is big old meanies according to these kook UN loving social utopia types like bammer and kerry.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
No it hasn't...................
4.5 million jobs back under the stimulus.
The auto industry saved under the stimulus.
Jobs coming back from overseas under the stimulus.
The economy improving under the stimulus.
Europe FAILING under austerity........... now tell me which measure is failing?
I hope your getting paid to post your nonsense or you are looking like an utter and complete fool for nothing. Stimulous created 4.5 million jobs? Go back to crying about gas prices at least you may get some sympathy from fellow swooners.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:24 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
It will drop like a rock once Romney re opens everything Obama has closed and limited.
It probably will! Of course, we still need to keep the speculators from screwing us over. The fact is that most Americans are not comfortable paying $3.50/gallon. Our economy is much better when gas prices are low. We drive much more than European countries, and therefore need more gas. If gas drops to $2/gallon then we will kickstart the economy. Think of what high gas prices can do

1. forces many (i.e. millions) of Americans to spend the "extra" $$ on gas. Now, they will cut back on any non-essential stuff. Movies, entertainment, restaurants, etc.
2. Food prices go up because it cost more to transport food to grocery stores
3. Home prices in the suburbs drop. People don't want to live 40 miles from work when gas prices are high. When real estate prices fall, this causes a downhill snowball effect and people get desperate. banks start raising fees to combat foreclosures. Realators get screwed as well. It can be a big problem (i.e. 2008)
4. Travel and tourism drop big-time
4a. People don't have disposable income, AND prices for airfare go up due to higher fuel costs. It also costs more to drive anywhere.
4b. This drop in tourism cause big problems for Florida, Las Vegas and other places that rely on tourism for business and revenue.

SO... high gas prices are a big problem. AND, Obama either doesn't know, or doesn't care! Either way, we deserve better!

Old 05-24-2012, 05:33 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I hope your getting paid to post your nonsense or you are looking like an utter and complete fool for nothing. Stimulous created 4.5 million jobs? Go back to crying about gas prices at least you may get some sympathy from fellow swooners.
Oh pleasssssssse................. Yes the stimulus has helped get jobs back... I look like a complete fool??????????? BTW.... it's Stimulus NOT "Stimulous".............. lmao.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:40 PM

Spell it however you want it didn't work and the green jobs never came no matter how much you scream about it. 4.5 million to boot that you just touted makes you look like, yes, a fool. Recovery.gov reports only 162K jobs. You are screaming about 4.5 million. Feel like a fool yet? lol

Recipient Projects

Old 05-24-2012, 05:42 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Drilling has been shoved outside the 200 mile limit zone thus making it more costly to pursue. Also take note that the LOST treaty is being churned up again by hanoi john ketchup meiser kerry in the senate that forces the US to share oil royalties outside the 200 mile zone with other countries. Koinkydink I think not. More share the wealth mantra as the US is big old meanies according to these kook UN loving social utopia types like bammer and kerry.
I doubt many people, including our own representatives, are paying attention to this. Media coverage is nowhere to be found except FOX Business as far as the MSM is concerned.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:48 PM

Our goverment is handing this away while these kooks scream why doesn't our great leader obama get credit for gasoline prices. Is this why democrats think all their followers are stupid? I guess looking at how they treat them and lie to them over and over again and see them screaming to elect them back in office they are correct in their assumption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies