Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 07:03 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,470,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Afganistan (9-11)
Now back to whatever it was you were doing
Sadly you don't understand the difference between Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan, yet you want to gamble and memorialize life, all while displaying a self-aggrandizing attitude.

Why am I not surprised?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 07:06 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,994,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
Sadly you don't understand the difference between Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan, yet you want to gamble and memorialize life, all while displaying a self-aggrandizing attitude.

Why am I not surprised?
Uh... where in Casper's post was any similarity between Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia insinuated? Casper and I generally disagree politically. What are you trying to say?

Old 05-25-2012, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
every American should honor those who gave their lives for our country on Memorial Day.
I do. Unlike you, I don't trivialize life and war. I hold it to the utmost degree and do not believe that you properly justified our previous conflicts.

We are going to disagree.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Uh... where in Casper's post was any similarity between Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia insinuated? Casper and I generally disagree politically. What are you trying to say?
So, why did we go to war with Afghanistan, but not SA?

After all, wouldn't you want to got to war with the country that harbored the most terrorists or are you just a pansy?

Old 05-25-2012, 07:11 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,720,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I agree to the OP to a point... And I am a Veteran. We are a warmongering nation with no respect for other countries' sovereignty and we think we can do no wrong. The American people are made to believe everything we do is right because we are the ones doing it.

With that being said most people who serve do so because they believe in protecting their country and they die believe they are doing so. I just feel bad for those who died in Iraq like a few friends of mine. It was a useless war, based on lies. Thousands of fallen and wounded Americans and Iraqis... And for what? I am not bashing the Troops by the way. I am bashing the A-holes in Washington who send them to die for nothing. (yes I know it is a voluntary thing but it doesn't make it right)
I glad most of us (Vets) don't think that way......

Old 05-25-2012, 07:14 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
You don't approve of your military being used to repel invaders or aid in the defence of other countries unable to defend themselves?
You are okay sending our men as women to die so that other people can be free? That is always the excuse too: let's start a war to bring democracy overseas.

How many loved ones did you lose in those wars?

Between me and my boyfriend we lost 9.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
I do. Unlike you, I don't trivialize life and war. I hold it to the utmost degree and do not believe that you properly justified our previous conflicts.

We are going to disagree.
OK - then if this is how you feel - then on Memorial Day(or in a Memorial Day thread) why don't you simply honor our fallen veterans rather tham inject politics into their story?

I "trivialize life and war"? Umm - no I don't.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:15 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,147 times
Quote:
OK - then if this is how you feel - then on Memorial Day(or in a Memorial Day thread) why don't ypo simply hnor our fallen veterans rather tham inject politics into their story?

Politics has everything to do with it. It is the reason why they are dead. With the exception of the ones that actually fought to defend this country and the last war declared by Congress was WWII

Old 05-25-2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
OK - then if this is how you feel - then on Memorial Day(or in a Memorial Day thread) why don't ypo simply hnor our fallen veterans rather tham inject politics into their story?

At least you could honor our troops by speaking English rather than Vietnamese.

Seriously, show a little respect.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
You are okay sending our men as women to die so that other people can be free? That is always the excuse too: let's start a war to bring democracy overseas.

How many loved ones did you lose in those wars?

Between me and my boyfriend we lost 9.
Thank you for your service KickAssArmyChick, and the other serviceman/servicewomen that you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies