Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 10:35 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I reported it just as he said it. I heard it many times back then by listening to Fox all day long and they played that one over and over. He did not say sixty though, you just applied first grade math to his words. Anyway we did agree on something, finally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
actually he said something more like "i have been in 57 states with two or three more to go".
..and he obviously meant to say 47 since there are 50 states.

As I've said in other threads with this nonsense, it's been 3-1/2 years and the Republicans still are pissed off that Obama got almost 68% of the vote so they make ludicrous comments, as if a Harvard Law graduate who is the Senator of Illinois wouldn't know how many states are in this country.

When a person brings this up, doesn't he realize how idiotic he sounds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 10:36 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
I reported it just as he said it. I heard it many times back then by listening to Fox all day long and they played that one over and over. He did not say sixty though, you just applied first grade math to his words. Anyway we did agree on something, finally.
I never once claimed he said 60. Can people on the rightwing not read critically?

I said he referenced 60 states in response to a poster who used this gaffe to claim that Obama believes that the US has 57 states. If you take his obvious gaffe as a non-gaffe, then the correct claim would be that Obama belives the US has 60 states, not 57.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
He ran that speech through too many places without any mention of sons and the article mentioned many of those in which sons didn't come out. I think he needs to investigate his teleprompter operators a bit closer.
I don't have any clue what you're talking about here. In the two quotes from the linked video, he talks about his figurative sons and daughters to make a comparison between the treatment of men and women in the realms of healthcare and economic opportunities. There was no gaffe or misreading or teleprompter mistake. This whole thread goes only to show the missing listening / reading comprehension skills of some rightwingers.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:44 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,793 times
This story is at more than that one website! I saw it earlier when surfing the net and yeah, it's weird. The one I saw indicated that this is not the first time he has said "sons."

I have two daughters, too and have NEVER accidentally said "sons." What is the deal? Never mind that he's a horrible leader and worthy of handcuffs for Subversion of our constitution, WHAT is the deal? Poor guy.....I can't imagine how and why he has done this more than once.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:46 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,856,223 times
I wonder if Obama is up to date on his child support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Obama Talks About His Sons

I was not aware he had any sons, only two daughters... That was news to me! And maybe Michelle too!!!

Old 05-25-2012, 11:00 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
I.....am.....totally......speechless.

I am actually finding myself a little in awe at how creative the RIGHT WING NUT JOBS are at manufacturing this bullcrap.

Sad.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I.....am.....totally......speechless.

I am actually finding myself a little in awe at how creative the RIGHT WING NUT JOBS are at manufacturing this bullcrap.

Sad.
I'm not sure if they're creative in their attacks, or just so plain stupid they actually believe what they're saying.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:07 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I'm not sure if they're creative in their attacks, or just so plain stupid they actually believe what they're saying.
LOL

"Just plain stupid" works for me.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:09 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
And for sure he didn't mean to say my sons, just my daughters. I wonder just how his brain works with the teleprompters there and managing to sneak in those words. Now no lefty here has heard him say my sons but he sure did say that. The best way to avoid hearing him say those things is like the two left leaners who talked about not opening the link because it wasn't Kos or MM.
Makes you wonder if Sasha & Milia know they might be boy's........

How can one make that mistake twice even with a teleprompter.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Makes you wonder if Sasha & Milia know they might be boy's........

How can one make that mistake twice even with a teleprompter.
No mistake was made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies