Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2012, 01:30 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Which is it? Did he spend a lot because he had to or did he not spend a lot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If its not Obama spending, then how did his spending, create jobs?
Did someone claim that there has been no spending under Obama? Who would be such idiots running around with the idea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 01:31 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
That color suits you! You sure deserve a bit of attention. But then, you don't get the concept of "constant dollars", so I'm kinda helpless. Let me know when you learn it, and you will have my response (again).
So now its your argument that $2.5T was wiped away by inflation?
The 1.4% quoted, that you said was correct, wasnt in constant dollars.

FAIL..

Old 05-30-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
So now its your argument that $2.5T was wiped away by inflation?
The 1.4% quoted, that you said was correct, wasnt in constant dollars.

FAIL..
How can you say it wasn't in constant dollars? We need those baselines to go anywhere. Every time I ask, you run to your collection of crayons. May be you won't this time? Let me see the math.

531 posts, read 501,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I forgot to say in my reply to you that precedent hasn't a lot to do with the House originating spending bills of any kind. The Constitution says in Article I, Section 7 says: All bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representative. I think this says that they must originate there and that was long before any precedents were set.
Yep. And appropriations bills are for spending revenue, not raising it.

Quote:
Did someone claim that there has been no spending under Obama? Who would be such idiots running around with the idea?
You said the 1.4% spending increase yearly was correct, and 1.4% spending increase isnt nearly enough to jumpstart a $13T economy.

MORE FAILURE.. And you arent even embarassed by it.. oooh thats sad..

Old 05-30-2012, 01:33 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
You get the point but don't want to respond.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
How can you say it wasn't in constant dollars? We need those baselines to go anywhere. Every time I ask, you run to your collection of crayons. May be you won't this time? Let me see the math.
Show me in the chart and/or link, where it was in constant dollars. Are you now saying $2.5T was eaten away by inflation? Show me the math...

I showed you how the 1.4% figure was bull ****, now you validate its accurate by showing us where it came from. Come on, you show us the math for a change...

Old 05-30-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
You said the 1.4% spending increase yearly was correct, and 1.4% spending increase isnt nearly enough to jumpstart a $13T economy.

MORE FAILURE.. And you arent even embarassed by it.. oooh thats sad..
1- Do you really believe that?
2- I think my calculation had a different take on the subject. Remember, you were completely lost with another number "8%"? Yep that. Since then, of course, I have presented many alternate ways of looking at the picture of spending under various administrations, including the latest... a raw, average increase by year, over three years.

But, as I have asked probably couple of dozen times, why don't you compute and show annualized growth in spending under at least a few administrations? Why are you making excuses? Can't do it? Say so! I will try to help you.

Quote:
Show me in the chart and/or link, where it was in constant dollars. Are you now saying $2.5T was eaten away by inflation? Show me the math...

I showed you how the 1.4% figure was bull ****, now you validate its accurate by showing us where it came from. Come on, you show us the math for a change...
I don't have your baseline, because you're not presenting it. I want your math, a calculation of annualized growth if possible. But, I feel it might be better if we established the years as well. How about Bush's first term, and Obama's first? So, let us begin with Federal Spending by the year, beginning with 2001 thru 2004, and 2009 thru 2012. If you don't want to do it, I will. Just don't complain about my numbers.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
1- Do you really believe that?
2- I think my calculation had a different take on the subject. Remember, you were completely lost with another number "8%"? Yep that. Since then, of course, I have presented many alternate ways of looking at the picture of spending under various administrations, including the latest... a raw, average increase by year, over three years.
Do I realize what? That you said Obama spending increases was responsible for jobs, but then proclaimed that the 1.4% figure was correct, but then said Obama didnt increase spending, Bush did, but Obama fixed the economy? Yeah, I realize you're all over the place that you cant even follow the bs you key from one posting to another, let alone thread.

If you are now saying the figure is 8%, THEN WHY THE HELL ARE YOU TELLING US WE'RE WRONG for questioning the 1.4% figure?

I wasnt lost on your stupidity of running around saying other people are wrong, and the provide a figure which validates them as correct.
Quote:
But, as I have asked probably couple of dozen times, why don't you compute and show annualized growth in spending under at least a few administrations? Why are you making excuses? Can't do it? Say so! I will try to help you.
Because thats not the topic of the thread. Why do you need the computations of other presidents to show Obama only increased spending by 1.4%? Just utter distraction because you cant stay focused and want to change the subject..

Old 05-30-2012, 01:42 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Government spending under Obama, including his signature stimulus bill, is rising at a 1.4% annualized pace — slower than at any time in nearly 60 years.
Obama spending binge never happened - Rex Nutting - MarketWatch
Read the CBO’s latest budget outlook.

Over Obama’s four budget years, federal spending is on track to rise from $3.52 trillion to $3.58 trillion, an annualized increase of just 0.4%.
bovine feces
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies