Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 12:28 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Edward, I realize you are a Black man who is very critical of blacks. But, please be fair about it. Most people regardless of their race are lemmings. Whites and Asians also tend for the most part to agree with whatever their pop hero says. It's not a Black thing, it's a human thing.

Hell, if even a quarter of the people on this planet weren't cattle, there would be no government at all because they wouldn't tolerate being under thumb.

If 40 years ago I had understood the malleable nature of the general population as I do now, I would be the supreme despot ruler of this half of the globe.

You know that's not true!! Whites really do enjoy have different points of view on a much wider scale than blacks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 12:50 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
As if the Right doesn't have legions of dittoheads....

Old 05-26-2012, 12:52 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
You know that's not true!! Whites really do enjoy have different points of view on a much wider scale than blacks!!
We have more points of view because we have more talking heads telling us what to think.

Old 05-26-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

What nonsense! Your just making excuses. I vote based on politics, not race.

I'm white.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:31 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Doesn't matter the issue, people often wait to make their feelings known until such time as they feel they won't be ostracized or would be in the minority (no pun intended).

The president gave an explanation that I think that many people can relate to and it was followed by very emotional statements by Ben Jealous and others that further illustrated the human elements of this debate.

I know that for some, it is probably hard to believe that blacks can think that deeply, and for some, this probably crushes the vain hope that blacks would reject the president due to his stance on this issue.

It is a testament to the high esteem that many still have for Mr. Obama and perhaps signals the start of more open and honest conversations within the black community. Too many have been on the "down low" for too long and this has brought horrific increases in the spread of AIDS among black women and children.

Little, encouraging, steps.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Doesn't matter the issue, people often wait to make their feelings known until such time as they feel they won't be ostracized or would be in the minority (no pun intended). .
Well then, the President needs to voice his opinion on some other worrisome statistics regarding Blacks and crime/education.

If he can turn the Black community like that with his opinion on gay marriage, just think what he could do with crime and dropout rates ?

Old 05-26-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well then, the President needs to voice his opinion on some other worrisome statistics regarding Blacks and crime/education.

If he can turn the Black community like that with his opinion on gay marriage, just think what he could do with crime and dropout rates ?
People are really good at hearing what they want to hear, not so much otherwise.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:38 AM

102 posts, read 147,119 times
I would like to know how everyone knows what the black community is going to do? The only way to know is to get off your butt and walk through the black community and ask each black person what they think of Obamas strange change of mind regarding same sex marriage. I am sure you will find that most of them still dont agree with his black a**.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:48 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh come now, surely you don't believe this? No matter what the polls say, it's a bunch of hooey, but it hardly matters, since obama gets almost 100% of blacks anyway.
Blacks usually vote dem, do you guys even care to listen with your ears? Your making it sound like a Obama thing. And if it is, deal with it and stop your whining.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:36 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times
I just noticed. The OP starts a lot of gay marriage threads. I sense an agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies