Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 03:51 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,530,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I would definitely take that which is completely metabolized and gone from my system in just an hour or two.

That rules out pot for sure because it remains in the system and causes it's effect long because it's gets stored up in the body. I'm not sure you can ever lose it's effects completely and I don't want to go through life with that "Oh wow" "Oh groovy" kind of look. Potheads never seem to lose that look.

The bottle of beer I had the night before however is completely out of my system the next morning.
I see it as the opposite. Ever hear of people dieing of alcohol poisoning? Ever hear of anyone dieing of pot poisoning? The defense rests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 03:56 PM

51,955 posts, read 52,378,573 times
Not so much on the herbage.

I don't care for the buzz, makes me paranoid.

Like ACDC says, hand me the "sour mash and cheap wine."

Old 05-26-2012, 04:05 PM

431 posts, read 926,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Alcohol is legal.

Pot isn't.

I do believe that pot should be decriminalized, but the same DUI/DWI laws should apply.

There are tens of thousands of young men and women in prison because of small amounts of pot.

That's just wrong.
Couldn't agree more

Old 05-26-2012, 04:11 PM

People aren't supposed to drive on prescription drugs either, but they do. You can't make laws against everything people do, just enforce responsibility. They must be licensed, have insurance and drive safely. If they cause an accident they pay the price.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:12 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,833,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I see it as the opposite. Ever hear of people dieing of alcohol poisoning? Ever hear of anyone dieing of pot poisoning? The defense rests.
Yep. I was married to an alcoholic for 22 years. I'll take pot over alcohol any day of the week.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:48 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,209,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
Pot is addictive and makes people quite lazy. I never known a pothead that only smokes occasionally. It also causes anxiety for many people.
Sugar is addictive, caffeine is addictive, CD is addictive but pot, hardly.

FYI, the anxiety is only because it's illegal.

I haven't smoked or drank in years. Take away my chocolate or iced tea though......well, it won't be pretty

Old 05-26-2012, 05:47 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,695,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Sugar is addictive, caffeine is addictive, CD is addictive but pot, hardly.

FYI, the anxiety is only because it's illegal.

I haven't smoked or drank in years. Take away my chocolate or iced tea though......well, it won't be pretty

no chocolate cookies for you

Old 05-26-2012, 05:55 PM

66 posts, read 69,264 times
Miller MGD is legal in all 50 if you are over 21. The doob is NOT!

Old 05-26-2012, 05:58 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,510,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Right, the money we will save on the busts and imprisoning people for pot use, will more than make up for the taxes some want to put on this product.
I think those in prisons should stay there but we should start allowing all the prisoners to grow and use all the marijuana they like. That way they will stay calm and happy to sit staring at the walls. We could then start cutting back on prison guards, just keep the prisoners supplied with lots and lots of pot.

A lot of money could be saved, we would not have to supply them luxury gym equipment, televisions, internet, and everything else. Food costs could be cut back to stale break and balony and the prisoners wouldn't care.

I'm also in favor of giving welfare recipients a lot of pot when the government has to cut welfare programs because drugging them will keep them from rioting, looting, and burning. A lot of them would not mind a bit if their food stamp handouts are cut in half if they can just get stoned.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think those in prisons should stay there but we should start allowing all the prisoners to grow and use all the marijuana they like. That way they will stay calm and happy to sit staring at the walls. We could then start cutting back on prison guards, just keep the prisoners supplied with lots and lots of pot.

A lot of money could be saved, we would not have to supply them luxury gym equipment, televisions, internet, and everything else. Food costs could be cut back to stale break and balony and the prisoners wouldn't care.

I'm also in favor of giving welfare recipients a lot of pot when the government has to cut welfare programs because drugging them will keep them from rioting, looting, and burning. A lot of them would not mind a bit if their food stamp handouts are cut in half if they can just get stoned.
The everybody is going to want to go to prison. We can't afford all those munchies. They'd all get fat, then where would we be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies