Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 04:00 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,866,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
Some of the best most inspirational movies ever are war movies so I really think it would be a shame if we stopped starting wars
Speaking of movies I think this film is important for everryone to see

Why We Fight - http://documentariestowatch.blogspot.com/ - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 04:09 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,510 times
Army Col. Tony Monaco has made a discovery, he uses it himself, used it with his troops with fantastic results, and a few years ago established a 501c to give it freely to all that ask. Furthermore, he said on national radio last year that any of us that obtain a copy can make all of the copies we wish. Even told the caller "make a thousand!"

He explains what it is and how it works so amazingly, here.
www.patriotoutreach.org

For those desperate for true anonymity, it can be used for free directly from this website, and as many times as one wishes.
www.copingstrategiescd.com

Dig these endorsements! The head of Psychiatry at Walter Reed, a retired Major General from the Office of the Secretary of the Army, etc. One troop exclaimed about it, "This is Basic training for the mind!"

Army Chaplain
The Be Still and Know Exercise works for me. It calms my soul, enhances my thinking, and improves my emotional regulation. I am thankful to be a more resilient chaplain." -Chaplain (LTC), U.S. Army (Southern Baptist)

Walter Reed Patriot Outreach Coping Strategies CDs. "I have rendered a positive opinion to TSG (The Surgeon General)." - Dr. (COL) John Bradley, M.D., Chief of Psychiatry, Walter Reed Army Medical Center

"This is basic training for the mind!" - PFC J. Oehring, U.S. Army Infantry (Deployed to Iraq)

MG (Major General) In my own experience as a commander, I have seen Soldiers make rapid and sustained improvement through use of these [Coping Strategies] CDs. I was relieved to have these CDs available as a tool our Chaplains could hand out to Soldiers and their spouses. Soldiers, who otherwise refused to seek help, benefited by using the CD in the privacy of their home." - MG(R) George R. Harris, recently retired West Point General assigned to the Office of the Secretary of the Army

Veterans Administration Clinic I received my [Coping Strategies] CD and love it. I would very much like to request 30 more for use at the VA Clinic and to provide to soldiers and families. This is a wonderful resource!
Thank you," -T.P., Addiction Therapist (VA Clinic)

Father Loses Son in Iraq, Joins Marines
On the third try, all hell broke loose and it was an epiphany... It energizes me, it enlightens me and it gives me strength... I am ready and proud." - Mike, U.S. Marine Corps, Deployed to Iraq

Sergeant USMC Thank you, It saved my Life! The peace and joy I now enjoy makes life worthwhile! " - SGT J. Shiposki, U.S. Marine Corps, (Homebound Quadriplegic)

"The distribution of these [Coping Strategies] CD's has been a great success. My thanks to the Lord and staff. I have been busy at the Mass Military Reservation on-base. Units from all over New England come here. May I request 50 more CD's? One veteran has commented 'thanks for looking out for us!" -Respectfully, B. C., U.S. Air Force

Doctor
"Hello I am a Professional Counselor in private practice and a volunteer in the 'Give An Hour' program. I anticipate needing no less than 6 copies of this product to use in conjunction with current and future active therapy cases. If you can supply this request i will be grateful."]Thank You," -Major W. K.

Wife
"May I have 10 copies? I am a family member of an active duty soldier. I am also a clinical psychologist working with soldiers who have combat stress and PTSD. I think the cd would be a good resource for my patients. Thank you," - D. L, PsyD RN FNP (Clinical Psychologist)

Navy Vet, VietnamAmazingly, it (the Exercise) keeps showing and reaping benefits. I've never been more patient and alive. The secret is in the watchful observance without struggle." - L. Brown U.S. Navy, Gulf of Tonkin, Vietnam

Iraq Warrior
I am no longer in denial of what happened in Iraq. I am freed. The exercise helped me overcome my past; it;s not haunting me any longer. it's a winner!!"- PFC J.M., U.S. Army, Anbar Province, Iraq 2004-2005

Dr. George Hayter, M.D., Psychiatrist and Diplomat of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, says the Exercise "…is the only program of self-therapy which achieves the desired end-state of therapy; to lessen the dependence on the therapist – the goal is self-awareness." Also, he says, "It’s the only approach that I have ever seen in the whole field of psychology which allows you to become independent, competent and effective."

Last edited by Sunnysee; 05-26-2012 at 04:25 PM..

Old 05-26-2012, 04:13 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
I couldn't agree more. I work for the VBA and I weep for our veterans who sacrifice so much. The biggest problem is that the wars that they fight are fought against enemies who use inhumane, mentally debilitating tactics against our soldiers. Those who survive come back with all types of unknown chemically derived impairments both mentally and physically which overtime deteriorates and debilitates them beyond anything you could imagine.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:42 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I believe it's every fifteen minutes.
Vets commit suicide and have psychological problems way more than do the general public. Are you just playing some kind of devil's advocate here? Even the military admits that it is a horrible problem.

There is a difference, psychologically, in killing others when you are certain you are protecting your own country from invasion. It's a whole other ball game when you are in a country, sometimes killing innocent civilians, even, and not knowing clearly what you are doing there or maybe you're there because you could not support yourself or your family on the outside, or maybe you wanted to go to college.

Killing another human being is serious business. I think, unless you are born with a mental problem, you'd better be damned sure that you are doing the right thing or it haunts you for the rest of your life.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
From the OPs link, it seems two other problems that help lead to suicide is illegal drug use and government run healthcare (aka Veterans Affairs). Perhaps the soldier in the story would still be alive if he hadn't started using illegal drugs.
You know that a lot of military men say the government was raking some profit off the drug sales to servicemen in Nam, don't you?

I tend to believe them. There is no way that drug usage could be so prevalent without those in charge looking the other way.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:48 PM

It's very bad. Eighteen Veterans a day kill themselves. There's another number for attempted-suicide.

18 veterans commit suicide each day - Army News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Army Times

Old 05-26-2012, 04:49 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
No I'm just putting up the numbers.

It is a horrible problem. It is when anyone kills themselves.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Each has his or her own reasons. Some it's the economy. Some want to be a part of something bigger, to serve their country and try to help people in another nation. Not all people in the military see actual combat. Some serve on Navy ships, some in supply, and many other duties that rarely if ever go into combat. But you would know all this if you served active duty.
No, but all are aware of the mission, which is to destroy human lives. Generally, that's what armed forces do. The boot camp training kind of clues you in to that. But of course, you've been there, so you should know.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
You know that a lot of military men say the government was raking some profit off the drug sales to servicemen in Nam, don't you?

I tend to believe them. There is no way that drug usage could be so prevalent without those in charge looking the other way.

Now, it's Big Pharma raking in some serious coin! Sigh....no wonder such as the revolutionary, and profound, sometimes-CURE of PTSD and other emotional issues is not greenlighted with coin from above.
It's having to get to our troops and veterans through true grassroots Efforts. So far even a possible 300,000 have received the mental exercise. Not nearly enough~

Old 05-26-2012, 04:54 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
There is no magic pill to cure things like this. What works for some won't work for others. Shrinks may help some and not others. That is the problem with the entire depression/suicide treatment in my view. They just throw pills at folks and sometimes make things even worse. Do the same thing to children now and then wonder why kids kill themselves all the time too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies