Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 08:23 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

Schools have become prisons in the guise of protecting them. If kids could vote you damn well be they wouldn't be doing this kind of crap. Just conditioning them for their future is all it's become.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 08:57 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,034,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If you've ever worked in the schools....the kids lose those ID cards quite often and quite frequently. I don't know how they will keep up.
Some of those kids can't hold on to their pencils for a full day nevermind keep that ID card on them everyday for the entire school year.
Good luck with that one.
LOL!

That'll solve the problem - bankrupt it in the first semester!

Old 05-27-2012, 09:27 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Very interesting link.
Here in California it has been debated. I don't think there is a problem with ID cards with them. I have one myself. When I go home, I can choose to remove it from my wallet if I wish. But I have a problem with implants that I cannot remove after work.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:34 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
Here in California it has been debated. I don't think there is a problem with ID cards with them. I have one myself. When I go home, I can choose to remove it from my wallet if I wish. But I have a problem with implants that I cannot remove after work.
But when it starts to be implemented might be a little too late to voice your objections.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:54 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Agreed...

Yep, the younger kids now will see this is normal. It is very sad, and I agree the next step will be implantable RFID's. The idea is to slowly implement this, but hopefully it will not work.
That is already happening on a voluntary basis. The younger generation thinks it is "cool" to get a chip to get into clubs quicker. Similarly it would be easy under national socialized health care to require people be "chipped" to keep track of treatments and medical history. When this country or the NA Union moves to a digital only system of currency and taxation chipping is a logical tool to monitor against fraud.

Beastly times we are witnessing. (pun intended)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Schools have become prisons in the guise of protecting them. If kids could vote you damn well be they wouldn't be doing this kind of crap. Just conditioning them for their future is all it's become.
The educational industrial complex.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:14 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
And this is from a solid red state. Go figure.
Bexar County leans Dem

Old 05-28-2012, 01:16 AM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Bexar County leans Dem
Once again the Democrats are exposed for being the haters of freedom.

Old 05-28-2012, 01:26 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Good to hear that the ACLU plans to challenge this.
Screw the ACLU, those commie rat bastads.
Isn't that what the RW on this board think/say?

Old 05-28-2012, 01:31 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
first it will be in your pocket,, then it will be surgically implanted in you when your born.. all this stuff starts with baby steps, and then will get totally out of controll...
Who died and made you a prophet?

Old 05-28-2012, 07:37 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
first it will be in your pocket,, then it will be surgically implanted in you when your born.. all this stuff starts with baby steps, and then will get totally out of controll...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Who died and made you a prophet?
I'm not one to subscribe to slippery slope theories, typically. But I actually believe this one. As someone said earlier, a kid can either lose or just refuse to carry theirs wherever they go. The next logical step would be to ensure they can't be separated from it.

I'm with what I'm glad to see is the majority here. I think this is unnecessary at best and a step toward a much darker form of keeping tabs on people at worst. Absolutely against it. The risk greatly outweighs any true need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies