U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 04:26 PM

1,328 posts, read 2,649,157 times

Advertisements

I am an Occupier and I always hear how minorities and women are treated so horribly by white males, how white males will never know true pain or oppression, how good and true and innocent and sweet women and people of color are compared to white men, and so on.

It annoys me because for one, I AM a white male so I feel like people are telling me I should be ashamed of being so 'privileged' and that I am part of the problem unless I am apologetic for what I am, and two it ignores the fact that white people and men are far from the only demographic guilty of oppressing other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 04:27 PM

19,506 posts, read 17,752,194 times
Because minorities and women are treated as second rate by republican white males.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:29 PM

18,350 posts, read 23,519,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmemaybe View Post
I am an Occupier and I always hear how minorities and women are treated so horribly by white males, how white males will never know true pain or oppression, how good and true and innocent and sweet women and people of color are compared to white men, and so on.

It annoys me because for one, I AM a white male so I feel like people are telling me I should be ashamed of being so 'privileged' and that I am part of the problem unless I am apologetic for what I am, and two it ignores the fact that white people and men are far from the only demographic guilty of oppressing other people.

no wonder you are protesting
as a white male, (listening to the liberal media) you are responsible for all the sins in the world, from slavery, to domestic violence

to deal with this shame-every time you walk into a room, where thier is a minority, just start apologizing,,,,,, if you can fake cry-even better

Old 05-26-2012, 04:32 PM

20,611 posts, read 13,003,748 times
Quote:

Maybe it's time to find a new group of friends cause the people you're talking about are trying to drag you down because of THEIR failing in life IMHO.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:32 PM

I AM a liberal, I totally believe in equal rights and all that ... I just find it annoying that the people I hang out with expect me to share their guilt complex! And that they have such a poor understanding of history.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:35 PM

call-very good!!

Old 05-26-2012, 04:35 PM

10,963 posts, read 8,051,483 times
Quote:
I AM a liberal, I totally believe in equal rights and all that ... I just find it annoying that the people I hang out with expect me to share their guilt complex! And that they have such a poor understanding of history.

Would you care to articulate what you describe as "A Poor Understanding of History"?

Old 05-26-2012, 04:36 PM

4,999 posts, read 3,883,236 times
Quote:

You may not be part of them problem and in fact may be working towards a solution but you do enjoy a double priviledge in this country and will never know the oppression of a minority in this country. Consider yourself lucky (priviledged) my friend.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Would you care to articulate what you describe as "A Poor Understanding of History"?

call be careful, the libs are circling,,,,you'll be that one french fry in front of a flock of seagulls,,,,just waiting to pounce

Old 05-26-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Well just the fact white people are not even close to being the only race guilty of genocide or oppressing other groups ... the fact feminism is largely historical revisionism, yes gender roles were more strict and women did suffer more but men suffered more in those days too, it was harder times for everyone. It's not like men have historically been a plague upon women, they had more freedom but they also had more responsibilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies