Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2012, 06:31 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,928,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I understand what you are saying, and have known people as you describe. The thing is some do not think they are sick, and will not take their medicine, they do not take their medication, is when some become uncontrolable, and can lash out at others and themselves.

That i clearly understand. And so many clearly need help they are not seeking or getting.

How do you expalin, those who are just plain evil, there are many of those people out there too, don't come with a sickness, not mentally-ill, just evil, mean, sick twisted, people, who love to hurt and destroy the soul, of those they are killing. This i will never understand, as in the new case i wrote about, literally made me throw up.
There have been a few of these Zombie Apocalypse stories. Which may or may not be true to varying degrees. It is important to see the purposes they serve, especially in affecting people psychologically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 06:32 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,404,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I understand what you are saying, and have known people as you describe. The thing is some do not think they are sick, and will not take their medicine, they do not take their medication, is when some become uncontrolable, and can lash out at others and themselves.

That i clearly understand. And so many clearly need help they are not seeking or getting.

How do you expalin, those who are just plain evil, there are many of those people out there too, don't come with a sickness, not mentally-ill, just evil, mean, sick twisted, people, who love to hurt and destroy the soul, of those they are killing. This i will never understand, as in the new case i wrote about, literally made me throw up.
I don't know.

I personally don't believe in "evil people".....I think there are reasons why people do these inexplicable things......severely mentally ill, use of illegal and very dangerous drugs, constant reinforcement of violent means to solve problems, on and on. I believe people can do "evil" things. Don't believe certain people are born evil. Evil has to be nurtured, IMO. Maybe we are reaching critical mass.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:40 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I don't know.

I personally don't believe in "evil people".....I think there are reasons why people do these inexplicable things......severely mentally ill, use of illegal and very dangerous drugs, constant reinforcement of violent means to solve problems, on and on. I believe people can do "evil" things. Don't believe certain people are born evil. Evil has to be nurtured, IMO. Maybe we are reaching critical mass.

Thank you, i corrected. I meant to say evil thinking people who commit evil acts, and get a kick out of it.
Will never understand how some people think.
Not every criminal who commits evil acts, are sick, and not all of them take drugs.
And some happen to come from decent families.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:41 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,725,220 times
'Miami zombie' attack due to Voodoo curse, girlfriend says

i'm getin me a gun for zombie protection!!!!

Old 05-31-2012, 07:56 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
That's what they tell you. Voodoo is widely practiced in Haiti more so than Catholicism.
If it's like Mexico they will say they are Catholics but actually practice voodoo. In Mexico they're performing human sacrifices to "Santa Muerte" (aka La Blanca, or La Niña) and they think that is actually a Catholic saint, the patroness of drugs.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:02 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times
So has anyone mentioned that bath salts literally fry your brain? They melt your spinal cord apparently and some people die of water intoxication as they drown themselves from the unquenchable thirst of trying to replace spinal fluid. That might explain:

A - He was naked in the heat
B- Brain was already fried
C- Eating face, covered in blood, thinking he is quenching his thirst.

It's the best theory I've heard yet

Old 05-31-2012, 08:06 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
The people you describe should not be behind bars. There are all kinds of possibilities. There is certainly psychological testing available to determine to some degree the dangerousness of the person. There could be different levels of mental facilities whereby all mentally ill people didn't have to be locked up, but where they could be monitored for taking their meds, making sure they have a place to live not on the streets, and that they have nutritional food to eat, sort of like halfway houses. Programs could be offered for counseling, all sorts of things.

Mentally ill people who are determined to be a danger to themselves or society could be detained, evaluated, gotten on proper medication, etc, then released when they are stabilized, and released to a halfway house of sorts.

It is really a problem to have people who are indigent, have no family support whatsoever, living on the streets alone. They are in danger themselves trying to survive alone on the streets with challenging mental problems. There should be some sort of facility for seriously mentally ill people who are indigent to live. And I don't mean the horrific places we used to have in this country, which were in many cases filthy, the patients were abused, little to no real treatment, etc., etc.
If I was mentally ill, I would not want to live in any kind of mental facility. I'd rather live under a bridge and have my freedom. They're going to force you into sitting through those counseling sessions and I'd rather be out doing my own thing.

The thing is -- the streets shouldn't be so dangerous. You shouldn't get your face eaten off for doing nothing more than sleeping on some bike path. If the violent criminals and drug users were all kept locked up the streets could be safe for all the normal people and the mentally ill people.

The really weird thing about this whole case though is how pretty normal the cannibal actually was -- he was not a pure angel but he was within normal limits. His family and friends and girl friend all insist that this was not him who did this gruesome act.

I think it's scarier really to think that some average Joe who you cannot immediately spot as crazy can suddenly be transformed into something like Eugene was. In this case if you just encountered the victim, you'd know he was a bit off but the pictures of the pre-cannibal Eugene, he looks like a nice enough normal guy.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
So has anyone mentioned that bath salts literally fry your brain? They melt your spinal cord apparently and some people die of water intoxication as they drown themselves from the unquenchable thirst of trying to replace spinal fluid. That might explain:

A - He was naked in the heat
B- Brain was already fried
C- Eating face, covered in blood, thinking he is quenching his thirst.

It's the best theory I've heard yet
Now THAT does make sense.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:12 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
well-mannered, she said.

It sounds like the marijuana really had a hold of him.

Machinery Of The 'Marijuana Munchies'

Marijuana--or more specifically its active ingredient, tetrahydrocannabinol--has a well-documented tendency to stimulate hunger.
Oh. My. Goodness.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
If I was mentally ill, I would not want to live in any kind of mental facility. I'd rather live under a bridge and have my freedom. They're going to force you into sitting through those counseling sessions and I'd rather be out doing my own thing.

The thing is -- the streets shouldn't be so dangerous. You shouldn't get your face eaten off for doing nothing more than sleeping on some bike path. If the violent criminals and drug users were all kept locked up the streets could be safe for all the normal people and the mentally ill people.

The really weird thing about this whole case though is how pretty normal the cannibal actually was -- he was not a pure angel but he was within normal limits. His family and friends and girl friend all insist that this was not him who did this gruesome act.

I think it's scarier really to think that some average Joe who you cannot immediately spot as crazy can suddenly be transformed into something like Eugene was. In this case if you just encountered the victim, you'd know he was a bit off but the pictures of the pre-cannibal Eugene, he looks like a nice enough normal guy.
I agree, the very best solution would be to keep the streets safe, deal with the danger which exists in the homeless populations and criminals on the streets. Unfortunately, we're not doing such a good job of that, and I don't know how to improve that situation.

I also find it very scary that people are saying there's a "drug" out there that can make folks behave as Eugene did, and it's possibly being used by lots of people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies