U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-27-2012, 07:58 PM
 
29,990 posts, read 21,016,714 times
Reputation: 12387

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
There is no better argument against either Christianity or Islam than the followers themselves.
Same can be said of Atheists, your point? Or, is this just another opportunity to bash anyone with faith?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-27-2012, 08:57 PM
 
155 posts, read 57,823 times
Reputation: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
What is an anti-gay proponent?

Is that the same as a traditional marriage advocate?

As for being a homosexual, how is one a homosexual if they do not engage in voluntary homosexual behavior?

Can one think themselves a homosexual and be one?
Well traditional marriage was not as we know it today was it? Marriage has changed many many times. So define "traditional marriage" first of all.

It is called being in the closet. Your way of thinking is that discrimination against gays is ok because it is a action. The same is true of being a Muslim or Christian. So by your own words, if a law is made to discriminate against Muslims and Christians it is ok because it is a choice and a action that makes you Muslim or Christian.

Can one think they are homosexual and be one? I guess. I guess I can think I am a black man but I am not. I can think I am a woman but I am not. What is your point with this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2012, 09:01 PM
 
155 posts, read 57,823 times
Reputation: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Same can be said of Atheists, your point? Or, is this just another opportunity to bash anyone with faith?
LOL This is fresh!! Muslims and Christians work hard to deny gays rights because of their belief in a imaginary space daddy in the sky and a flawed ancient book. They work to rewrite history in which the USA was founded as a Christian theocracy and when agnostics, atheists and people with brains try to set the record straight they are "bashing Christians". I have to hand it to you. You have victimology 101 down to a science (oops sorry science is a no, the bible is all you need).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2012, 09:49 PM
 
Location: Palm Springs, CA
25,272 posts, read 15,473,891 times
Reputation: 6498
Most Muslims don't want to impose their religion on the rest of us. This is just a scare-tactic used by reactionary types.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2012, 09:58 PM
 
10,074 posts, read 3,610,700 times
Reputation: 2399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Christianity is a state of mind. Islam is a state of collective power- they are a military force.
Would this be the same as -- collective salvation???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2012, 10:15 PM
 
Location: Houston, Tx
7,680 posts, read 4,732,230 times
Reputation: 7691
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Most Muslims don't want to impose their religion on the rest of us. This is just a scare-tactic used by reactionary types.
You sure about that?

Feds: Meatpacking Plant Should Provide Prayer Time - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

Lawyer sues over "offensive" Christian images at Catholic University — UPDATED
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2012, 10:42 PM
 
Location: Prepperland
8,044 posts, read 4,400,182 times
Reputation: 3474
I suspect that one source of contention is the entitlement benefits that are available to "married" couples.
Those who find homosexual marriage repulsive, do not wish to subsidize them via taxes.
Perhaps the simplest solution is to eliminate all subsidies, entitlements and benefits for "married" couples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2012, 10:57 PM
 
Location: Palm Springs, CA
25,272 posts, read 15,473,891 times
Reputation: 6498
Yes, I'm sure. Anecdotal evidence and cherry-picked examples don't prove anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2012, 11:09 PM
 
Location: planet octupulous is nearing earths atmosphere
12,426 posts, read 6,283,999 times
Reputation: 19405
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
islam ..christianity.. it's all bull$hit.... they're all crazy

i'll drink to that!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2012, 12:25 AM
 
Location: Boise
4,420 posts, read 3,552,000 times
Reputation: 1656
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Well about 3 billion people in this world subscribe to it. Evidently it's not BS to them.
still doesn't mean it's not bull$hit.... this world is full of bull$hit... so 3 billion sounds about right...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:19 AM.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top