Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 11:09 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"What level is safe? The upper safety limit for atmospheric CO2 is 350 parts per million (ppm). Atmospheric CO2 levels have stayed higher than 350 ppm since early 1988"

How are we still here?? Why hasn't the sky fallen? LOL

Your kook blog or whatever it is simply hates co2 or can't understand facts. C02 makes up .04% of the dreaded greenhouse effect of which man contributes somewhere around 24% of that .04%. You want to stop the greenhouse effect then drain the oceans as wator vapor causes most of it. That was conveniently left out of the global warming puter models back in the day when all this screaming and crying about co2 started. All as they were buying up acres of rain forest to sell the credits to the evil industry. You and your link are so far lost I don't know what to sa
So a random link to a site backed by climatologists,environmental scientists and other related Weather experts is to be scoffed at while your opinion supposedly outweighs their years of study on the subject?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 11:38 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
More bad news for Al Gore and his fellow global warming scam artists; according to the folks at Weather channel, snow fall in Buffalo, NY so far this season is running five feet below average, and five feet above average way up there in Anchorage, AK.

Let 'em try to explain that, why don't you????
Snow is caused by moisture in the air, not by cold temperature...In fact the coldest place on earth has the least snow.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
From your link...........

"What level is safe? The upper safety limit for atmospheric CO2 is 350 parts per million (ppm). Atmospheric CO2 levels have stayed higher than 350 ppm since early 1988"

How are we still here?? Why hasn't the sky fallen? LOL

Your kook blog or whatever it is simply hates co2 or can't understand facts. C02 makes up .04% of the dreaded greenhouse effect of which man contributes somewhere around 24% of that .04%. You want to stop the greenhouse effect then drain the oceans as wator vapor causes most of it. That was conveniently left out of the global warming puter models back in the day when all this screaming and crying about co2 started. All as they were buying up acres of rain forest to sell the credits to the evil industry. You and your link are so far lost I don't know what to say.
Can you tell us where and when you got your degree in climate science please...

Old 05-29-2012, 12:41 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
So a random link to a site backed by climatologists,environmental scientists and other related Weather experts is to be scoffed at while your opinion supposedly outweighs their years of study on the subject?
Look at the first name on that paper. NASA led by your hero was already caught lying about their data. Nuff said.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Can you tell us where and when you got your degree in climate science please...
I know as much as your boy and his website. Maybe you should be questioning him for putting up all this nonsense with no degree. He does work for the government according to him and that means he knows more than everybody to you lunatics though. Lives with his family translates to he lives in mommy and daddy's basement most likely. lol

"Sustainably yours,
Michael McGee
Creator of Earth's CO2 Home Page & CO2Now.org
Michael lives with his family and works for government in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada."

Old 05-29-2012, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Snow is caused by moisture in the air, not by cold temperature...In fact the coldest place on earth has the least snow.
So why doesn't it snow when it's 90 degrees outside? According to you we should be shoveling out all summer. This is the kind of crap you folks throw out and expect people to take you serious?? Gimme a break.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:08 AM

Quote:
So why doesn't it snow when it's 90 degrees outside? According to you we should be shoveling out all summer. This is the kind of crap you folks throw out and expect people to take you serious?? Gimme a break.
What the hell is wrong with you? You know very well what I meant, unless you are as dumb as a stump. You are just trolling now.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:16 AM

Quote:
I know as much as your boy and his website. Maybe you should be questioning him for putting up all this nonsense with no degree. He does work for the government according to him and that means he knows more than everybody to you lunatics though. Lives with his family translates to he lives in mommy and daddy's basement most likely. lol

"Sustainably yours,
Michael McGee
Creator of Earth's CO2 Home Page & CO2Now.org
Michael lives with his family and works for government in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada."

What link are you talking about? The only one I posted is the video made by University of Alaska Fairbanks Professor Katey Walter Anthony, and I'm certain that she knows a lot more than you do on this subject.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:18 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
The hurricane predictions goes back to Trenberth who is a big name in climate change and involved in climategate. During a press conference he misrepresented (and I'm using that term loosley) what the research showed and it led to one scientist resigning .

Quote:

- Prometheus: Chris Landsea Leaves IPCC Archives

It is beyond me why my colleagues would utilize the media to push an unsupported agenda that recent hurricane activity has been due to global warming. Given Dr. Trenberth’s role as the IPCC’s Lead Author responsible for preparing the text on hurricanes, his public statements so far outside of current scientific understanding led me to concern that it would be very difficult for the IPCC process to proceed objectively with regards to the assessment on hurricane activity. My view is that when people identify themselves as being associated with the IPCC and then make pronouncements far outside current scientific understandings that this will harm the credibility of climate change science and will in the longer term diminish our role in public policy.

My concerns go beyond the actions of Dr. Trenberth and his colleagues to how he and other IPCC officials responded to my concerns. I did caution Dr. Trenberth before the media event and provided him a summary of the current understanding within the hurricane research community. I was disappointed when the IPCC leadership dismissed my concerns when I brought up the misrepresentation of climate science while invoking the authority of the IPCC. Specifically, the IPCC leadership said that Dr. Trenberth was speaking as an individual even though he was introduced in the press conference as an IPCC lead author; I was told that that the media was exaggerating or misrepresenting his words, even though the audio from the press conference and interview tells a different story (available on the web directly); and that Dr. Trenberth was accurately reflecting conclusions from the TAR, even though it is quite clear that the TAR stated that there was no connection between global warming and hurricane activity. The IPCC leadership saw nothing to be concerned with in Dr. Trenberth's unfounded pronouncements to the media, despite his supposedly impartial important role that he must undertake as a Lead Author on the upcoming AR4.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:43 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Follow along.

It was AFTER katrina that the kooks stated that every year, following katrina, there would be massive storms and many more of them.

Don't try to rewrite history.
Would tornadoes which picked up tractor-trailer trucks and tossed them around like toys be included in "massive storms"? I don't remember. Maybe you have a link to the predictions you're talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies