Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 03:54 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
All sin is equally offensive to God. Calling sin "sin" is not bad-mouthing anyone.
So do you think that when you bear false witness against your neighbours as you often do in these threads, it is equally offensive to your God as say.... rape and murder?

Or is your God only 'offended' by the things YOU are offended by?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Correct. You have free will and can choose to sin.
So why do you continually choose to sin if you think your God doesn't like it?

Or is it only when other people do things YOU don't like, that your God hates it?

Old 05-30-2012, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Polygamy is not condemned by God.
How about polyandry?

One woman and multiple male husbands?

Somthing tells me your particular God wouldn't 'approve 'of that.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:04 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
How many non-abusive cases of incest do you know about?
I personally have not seen any data on just what percentage of incestuous relationships begin with one adult and one child. If you have, however, now would be the time to show us.

At any rate, what of non-abusive cases of incest? Okay or no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Good point. Also, incest is not an innate sexual orientation. It's a behavior.
There may be something here. Of course, many who oppose homosexuality would argue that it isn't innate...

Old 05-30-2012, 04:08 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
There may be something here. Of course, many who oppose homosexuality would argue that it isn't innate...
And I am one. There is no difference in one or the other. You choose to do that which you know to be wrong. Same with pedophilia.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:14 AM

Quote:
And I am one. There is no difference in one or the other. You choose to do that which you know to be wrong. Same with pedophilia.
Even if we could determine that all of these things are chosen, it wouldn't make any of them wrong. There has to be some identifiable harm or risk that outweighs any benefit or necessity. Pedophilia is wrong because it is an abuse of power, children cannot fully understand the consequences and ramifications of sex, etc. The risk is high that the child will not develop normally.

If you have any opinion based on reason and not faith, I'd love to hear it.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:19 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
If you have any opinion based on reason and not faith, I'd love to hear it.
God makes the rules, not man.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:20 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,265,853 times
Quote:
I just know I'm going to end up making the whole lot of you hate me here...
First, I want to say for the record I am 100% for gay rights (marriage, adoption, the whole nine yards) but have always opposed incest. But the recent thread about that mother who made a sex tape with her son and the way it was quickly transformed into a thread for comparing it to homosexuality has got me thinking:
What makes homosexuality okay and not incest if both cases involve only adults?
(Note: Yes, I know the case I just mentioned didn't involve only adults.)
I keep seeing this thread pop up on here and am wondering now what makes some peoples inquisitive minds take a uturn like this and end up in a gutter? How can you even talk about incest in the same breath as homosexuality? Homosexuality is a preference and incest is a CRIME...end of story. Unless you have been thru an episode of having had a parent touch you inappropriately, or a sibling do the same thing you have no idea the difference between the two nor the horror it creates. What mature adults do behind closed doors sexually..mature adults who are NOT related is no ones business but theirs whether they are homosexual or hetrosexual it is a private concern. When incest is a known fact then it needs to be reported to the police and if its children involved, then they need to be REMOVED from the home. Nuff said.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
I keep seeing this thread pop up on here and am wondering now what makes some peoples inquisitive minds take a uturn like this and end up in a gutter? How can you even talk about incest in the same breath as homosexuality? Homosexuality is a preference and incest is a CRIME...end of story.
Not at all. If someone made eating pancakes illegal, would you just roll over and say "Well, it's a crime, so it's wrong"? Naturally, I'm not comparing incest with pancakes. But deciding that this is where you draw the line between right/wrong is a dangerous thing to do.

Seemingly, you agree with incest being a crime. Let's see why...

Quote:
Unless you have been thru an episode of having had a parent touch you inappropriately, or a sibling do the same thing you have no idea the difference between the two nor the horror it creates.
I did not claim there was no difference. Didn't even ask what the difference was. I asked what specifically makes one "okay" and not the other? (and I specified that I was talking about two consenting adults, not children)

Quote:
What mature adults do behind closed doors sexually..mature adults who are NOT related is no ones business but theirs whether they are homosexual or hetrosexual it is a private concern. When incest is a known fact then it needs to be reported to the police and if its children involved, then they need to be REMOVED from the home. Nuff said.
So you are adamantly against incest between two consenting adults, so much that you would call the police if you knew about it?

Why?

Old 05-30-2012, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Yes. And again, you can't support redefining marriage to include homosexual marriage if you don't also support all other non traditional marriage. That's hypocritical.
Yes I can.

No it's not.

You are trying to equate:

1)Homosexuality and marriage - hundreds of millions of people with an innate sexual orientation (just as heterosexuality is) forming a loving committed relationship (just as heterosexuals do)

2)Bestiality and other fairly rare paraphilic aberrant behaviors. How often do these people actually want to marry animals or objects?

3)Incest - primarily a criminal behavior which is mostly seen in abusive sex by an adult family member or older sibling etc commited against vulnerable children. How often do these abusers actually want to marry the children they abuse?

4)Consensual incest -extremely rare cases where family members meet as adults and form realtionships without even knowing they were related.

It's like comparing apples with..... zebras.

Homosexuality is an innate sexual orientation just like heterosexuality is. So comparing or equating homosexuality and heterosexuality would be reasonable.
Comparing homosexuality and homosexual marriage with the others (2,3,4) is just completely ludicrous and irrational.

Last edited by Ceist; 05-30-2012 at 04:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies