Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 06:19 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Hmmm.....bet the computer you are using was made in China.

Bet you buy a lot of things made in China.

Looks like you don't have a problem with YOUR money going to support China's forced abortion policies, huh?

You even give them your money willingly....unlike the taxes you pay that you claim support abortion by choice in this country.

Says a lot, doesn't it?

Oh....that's right.... you don't mind supporting our wars with your tax money.......as long as it contributes to YOUR comfort and well being....it's OK. You no doubt justify buying "Made in China" the same way.
BOOM! ZING! Great post!

It'll go over her head like a comet!

So easy for Americans to condemn China while sucking up China's goods like greedy Oreck's!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 07:42 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
BOOM! ZING! Great post!

It'll go over her head like a comet!

So easy for Americans to condemn China while sucking up China's goods like greedy Oreck's!
Try buying stuff that's NOT made in China. Worse: trying buying something that does NOT have parts made in China.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:48 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Try buying stuff that's NOT made in China. Worse: trying buying something that does NOT have parts made in China.
Oh I agree! It's tough but then I don't bad mouth the Chinese.
(It IS American businesses IN China who screw over Americans.)

Old 05-31-2012, 08:50 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Yea, it's tough.....but it can be done.

I remember watching an expose on NBC that followed a family that furnished their home with nothing but products made in the USA.....their furniture, appliances, clothing......everything.

As for her computer.....you can live without one.....I have several friends that do. That goes for cell phones too.....I live quite happily without one.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:52 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
What the hell does buying consumer products from China have to do with selective abortion here in the US ?

Talk about going off on a tangent.....

Old 05-31-2012, 08:56 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,549,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh...only from the horse's mouth...planned parenthood.
As edited by the "news" source you used.

Services to insure the health of the pregnant mother ARE covered by Medicare, the actual abortion is not. With all the scrutiny PP has been under by the religious Taliban in this country, I cannot be convinced of your misinformation.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
As edited by the "news" source you used.

Services to insure the health of the pregnant mother ARE covered by Medicare, the actual abortion is not. With all the scrutiny PP has been under by the religious Taliban in this country, I cannot be convinced of your misinformation.
Some states DO cover abortion with medicaid. Several states have accepted the Hyde amendment and added more circumstances to it.

National Abortion Federation: Public Funding for Abortion: Medicaid and the Hyde Amendment
Funding for Abortion under Medicaid
Funding under Hyde Amendment Only: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Wyoming.

Hyde Amendment and Additional Health Circumstances: Indiana (physical health), Iowa (fetal abnormality), Mississippi (fetal abnormality), Utah (physical health and fetal abnormality), Virginia (fetal abnormality), and Wisconsin (physical health).

All or Most Health Circumstances: Alaska, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Vermont, Washington, and West Virginia.

Noncompliant with the Hyde Amendment: South Dakota (life endangerment only).

Old 05-31-2012, 09:26 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What the hell does buying consumer products from China have to do with selective abortion here in the US ?

Talk about going off on a tangent.....
I do believe China was brought into the conversation by a pro-lifer.

And in other threads, Janelle has pointed out her reasoning for the necessity of the US going to war.....and killing innocent women, children and fetuses.....and why she doesn't mind her tax dollars supporting it.

So...........my comment was right on point.

BTW....my post was a tangent?

Oh.......never mind......we are all used to pro-lifer's exaggerating.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I do believe China was brought into the conversation by a pro-lifer.

And in other threads, Janelle has pointed out her reasoning for the necessity of the US going to war.....and killing innocent women, children and fetuses.....and why she doesn't mind her tax dollars supporting it.

So...........my comment was right on point.

BTW....my post was a tangent?

Oh.......never mind......we are all used to pro-lifer's exaggerating.
And how do you know what my opinion is on abortion ?
Oh..jump to conclusions much ?

Old 05-31-2012, 10:19 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,625 times
People should be able to do wht they want with their bodies , the only person who's going to pay for ther consequence is them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies