Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 08:53 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Not really. I think sometimes black people in particular are stereotyped to be rude and therefore the ones that are may get away with it more than say, a white person. Other than that, there's been some attention already brought to "reverse racism".
My actual experience with black people was mixed. Some were a bit rude, but just as many were really nice, helpful and friendly. One guy stole $20 from me (I won't go into it) and I ADMIT after that I did feel a little wary of any black person who looked like him. He kept pestering me to buy a cellphone he had for $20 - I politely declined about four times but he kept insisting so I gave in (I was afraid something bad might happen). He took my money, said he needed to just 'make a call' and ran away with the phone and money. I, of course, didn't tell him what I was thinking: wondering whether he stole the phone (of course I'd think that if he was white too). Either way, it was in a dumpy part of Las Vegas that looked deserted and I was glad to just get out of there.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:56 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,547,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I've heard about not only blacks being racist towards whites and getting away with it, but also among Asians and maybe also Latinos.
You've heard wrong. NOBODY gets to be racist. NOBODY.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:09 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yea....and you start 90% of them so you're one to talk. You're the last person that should be telling someone how their thread should be closed.

This dude.^^^
More stupidity from the usual source. I don't start 90% of them and they reference articles and news not my personal experiences.

Sorry your community generates a disproportionate amount if crime and buffoonery but there you have it.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:16 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
More stupidity from the usual source. I don't start 90% of them and they reference articles and news not my personal experiences.

Sorry your community generates a disproportionate amount if crime and buffoonery but there you have it.
You're right...not 90%....you start nearly ALL of them.

My community? Last I remember, you were supposedly black. You attended Morgan, and live in a black area. I went to ASU, and live in a mostly white area...not to mention that if you have two African parents, you're blacker than I am (on the outside for sure).

It's YOUR community just as much as its mine. Don't get mad just because I'm pointing out the facts. And please, own up to your title of C-D's resident Chief Race Baitor! Why are you so ashamed of owning up to what you are?

Old 05-29-2012, 09:42 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,120 times
Quote:

My community? Last I remember, you were supposedly black. You attended Morgan, and live in a black area. I went to ASU, and live in a mostly white area...not to mention that if you have two African parents, you're blacker than I am (on the outside for sure).

It's YOUR community just as much as its mine. Don't get mad just because I'm pointing out the facts. And please, own up to your title of C-D's resident Chief Race Baitor! Why are you so ashamed of owning up to what you are?
Pure ownage.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
Pure ownage.
Another one chimes in, rich considering you're a shamed to be from the Caribbean.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:

Race baitor? Pointing out facts is just that pointing out facts. You're right because I have grown up, lived with and socialize with African- Americans I have a first row seat to the dysfunction. I know of what I speak.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:47 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
My actual experience with black people was mixed. Some were a bit rude, but just as many were really nice, helpful and friendly. One guy stole $20 from me (I won't go into it) and I ADMIT after that I did feel a little wary of any black person who looked like him. He kept pestering me to buy a cellphone he had for $20 - I politely declined about four times but he kept insisting so I gave in (I was afraid something bad might happen). He took my money, said he needed to just 'make a call' and ran away with the phone and money. I, of course, didn't tell him what I was thinking: wondering whether he stole the phone (of course I'd think that if he was white too). Either way, it was in a dumpy part of Las Vegas that looked deserted and I was glad to just get out of there.
So, you are blaming ALL Black people because you weren't being smart? Obviously you don't travel very much because the exact same thing can and does happen in Barcelona, Spain; Marrakesh, Morocco; Shanghai, China; London, England; etc, etc.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:51 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Race baitor? Pointing out facts is just that pointing out facts. You're right because I have grown up, lived with and socialize with African- Americans I have a first row seat to the dysfunction. I know of what I speak.
Correction: You have grown up with, lived with and socialized with the underclass. It is obvious that you have had very little interaction with the Black upper class. How sad for you.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:51 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,842 times
lol. Edward is just mad because someone posted this before he did.

Oh and for the OP, nobody has ever given a black person a free pass to be racist. Hell, if leave my office right now and say something blatantly racist to someone, (I got whites, Indians, and Asians over here) I'm pretty sure someone would complain and I would be ostracized to say the least if not "penalized" for my racist verbiage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies