Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 06:42 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Conservatives hate minorities.

Is that how we play this game?
That's the problem. This is all treated as a game. My side versus your side. Truth doesn't matter. Solving the root of problems doesn't matter. As long as this remains, we will continue downward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 06:47 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
That's the problem. This is all treated as a game. My side versus your side. Truth doesn't matter. Solving the root of problems doesn't matter. As long as this remains, we will continue downward.
The root of the problem begins with who the "People" have elected to Congress and The White House.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:25 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,044,850 times
What a ridiculous thread! The initial premise is just wrong, and then it goes downhill from there.

I can tell you that the town adjoining mine is comprised primarily of people who make 7 figures or more a year, the average house is probably worth several million, yet that town is overwhelmingly Democratic.

You admire a person for WHO they are, not how much money they've accumulated or been given.

I didn't write this, but I like what it says:

Not - How did he die? But - How did he live?
Not - What did he gain? But - What did he give?

These are the things that measure the worth
Of a man as a man, regardless of birth.

Not - What was his station? But - had he a heart?
And - How did he play his God-given part?

Was he ever ready with a word of good cheer?
To bring back a smile, to banish a tear?

Not - What was his church? Not - What was his creed?
But - Had he befriended those really in need?

Not - What did the sketch in the newspaper say?
But - How many were sorry when he passed away?

These are the things that measure the worth
Of a man as a man, regardless of birth.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:35 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Democrats hate the Wealthy.
Starting with a blatant lie like that, how do you intend anyone to take your post seriously? It's obvious you're not open to serious answers and are just trolling.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Starting with a blatant lie like that, how do you intend anyone to take your post seriously? It's obvious you're not open to serious answers and are just trolling.
How do the Occupy Wall Street protesters feel about rich people?

Do they have a favorable opinion of CEO's?

Democrats are always out to take more from the wealthy.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:54 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:
How do the Occupy Wall Street protesters feel about rich people?

Do they have a favorable opinion of CEO's?

Democrats are always out to take more from the wealthy.
Maybe you should actually listen to what the Democrats here are saying, instead of just parroting what RushGlen says. Statements like the above are so foolish that I hardly believe anyone can believe this.

Occupy Wall Street protestors are a segment of the liberal spectrum, but certainly not everybody. The main thrust I got from the protests was that Wall Street has robbed ALL OF US and that a disproportionate amount of resources are lavished on wall street CEOs and taken from the middle class and the poor. I'm not sure if I feel its completely true or not, but it certainly makes me pause and think (versus sqawking talking points like a parrot).

I am a CEO. I have a favorable opinion of some and not of others. You see, nothing in the world is really as black and white.

As far as taking from the wealthy goes, anyone with a brain knows the country is in financial trouble and concessions must be made on the revenue and the spending side. If you are going to raise revenue, it should be from the rich who are (percentage wise) undertaxed and not from the poor who have no money to begin with....

Old 05-29-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Occupy Wall Street protestors are a segment of the liberal spectrum, but certainly not everybody. The main thrust I got from the protests was that Wall Street has robbed ALL OF US and that a disproportionate amount of resources are lavished on wall street CEOs and taken from the middle class and the poor. I'm not sure if I feel its completely true or not, but it certainly makes me pause and think (versus sqawking talking points like a parrot).
I would agree that the OWS protesters are trying to say the above. I disagree with them.

Another point to be made about the OWS protesters is that by their method of protest - they have cost taxpayers millions and millions of dollars due to damage and police overtime. They are not helpful to anyone and are harmful to this country.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:16 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:
I would agree that the OWS protesters are trying to say the above. I disagree with them.

Another point to be made about the OWS protesters is that by their method of protest - they have cost taxpayers millions and millions of dollars due to damage and police overtime. They are not helpful to anyone and are harmful to this country.
Yep, Constitutional rights are very expensive.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Yep, Constitutional rights are very expensive.
Constitutional right to damage buildings?

Old 05-29-2012, 08:33 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,549,515 times
Quote:
Democrats hate the Wealthy.

But, there must be some wealthy people that Democrats are happy for their success.

What Rich People Do Democrats Admire?

Other than Obama, I mean.
Why would democrats admire people they hate?

Going by your logic here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies