Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 11:20 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Sounds more like a Seattle issue.
In that bastion of liberalism? Say it isn't so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 11:25 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Especially coming from one of the most violent and segregated cities in the country. White people screaming and running for cover and bus drivers having seizures when a black guy gets on the bus. What a joke.

Seattle is whiteyville as far as I'm concerned. Bunch of clueless self righteous liberals.
Just had to highlight these words - lest they get lost in the background noise.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:41 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,829 times
Default Blacks, self defense firearms, SYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
So... that would make nearly everyone else in the developed world what, not free? They're a lot more free from worry about violent crime than Americans are. Interesting definition of freedom you have. I wonder if our Canadian, Australian and European members would agree with it.
I think you are reading something into my 'definition' that is not really there. I didn't say that was the definition of freedom, I did say that free men can own firearms. As far as our Canadian, Australian & European members, they made their own laws and have to live with them. They don't have our constitution and it's second amendment, but the way things in the US are going, we probably won't have it much longer either.

Did you read and comprehend the post? Doesn't sound like it.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:54 PM

716 posts, read 558,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
People with CCW permits are statistically among the most law abiding in the country. She (if it was a she) would have far more to worry about with neighbors that do not have a CCW permit, that those that do. Besides, a high rate of CCW permits typically serves as a deterrant to violent crime.
That indeed is correct, Notice you NEVER see any of "us" on here spouting off about how wonderful all these new dope laws are and such?! The list is long for THE GOOD GUYS!

Old 06-04-2012, 08:08 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,829 times
Default Did you read and comprehend the post? Doesn't sound like it.

Quote:
Prohibiting firearms works quite well in Europe. You don't have to remove humans from the equation, you remove the firearms.
I've read most of your posts in this thread. This one like the others are laughable. If only you would do some research and know what you are talking about before you start spewing the stuff you spew. Most of your posts are just plain hogwash. There are gun crimes in foreign countries even tho the ownership of firearms is prohibited. You need to read a few of the crime statistics reported by the FBI in recent years, you can read and understand what you read? As gun ownership in the US has increased, serious crime has decreased. Sorry, it's a fact. Those involved with Brady and friends are like you, they don't want to believe it and try to make us think the facts are not accurate.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:41 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
I was just thinking the same thing.

If people are abusing laws like SYG to kill people that don't make them feel good, then at the least these laws should be amended, if not outright abolished.
exactly.

an unarmed kid in tampa was stabbed to death over a car radio, and the killer invoked SYG laws at trial..

this is insane and in some states DOJ is looking to repeal SYG.

As an assault victim, I can mention that I thank god the assailant didnt have a gun as I wouldnt be alive today. Not everyone wants to live in a country of loose cannons carrying guns. There arent enough guidelines to prevent the mentally unstable from getting a gun at the local walmart.

[jared loughner/Tucson case, anyone?]

Old 06-04-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
exactly.

an unarmed kid in tampa was stabbed to death over a car radio, and the killer invoked SYG laws at trial..

this is insane and in some states DOJ is looking to repeal SYG.

As an assault victim, I can mention that I thank god the assailant didnt have a gun as I wouldnt be alive today. Not everyone wants to live in a country of loose cannons carrying guns. There arent enough guidelines to prevent the mentally unstable from getting a gun at the local walmart.

[jared loughner/Tucson case, anyone?]
That^ is already against every Federal law in the book. Have you ever heard of a 4473 or a NICS check? How about an FFL? If a nutcase makes it through the FBI, an FFL and commits a felony on the 4473 for lying....he pretty dang sneaky and good.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:49 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I've read most of your posts in this thread. This one like the others are laughable. If only you would do some research and know what you are talking about before you start spewing the stuff you spew. Most of your posts are just plain hogwash. There are gun crimes in foreign countries even tho the ownership of firearms is prohibited. You need to read a few of the crime statistics reported by the FBI in recent years, you can read and understand what you read? As gun ownership in the US has increased, serious crime has decreased. Sorry, it's a fact. Those involved with Brady and friends are like you, they don't want to believe it and try to make us think the facts are not accurate.
For being such a big expert on crime rates in the US, I don't see you posting any statistics. If Europeans and Canadians manage without handguns, why would Americans need them?

It's easy for mental cases to get guns. There are gun markets that operate outside the legal verification system. And just because someone doesn't have a documented record of mental instability doesn't mean he or she is mentally stable.
So you all don't mind Presidents and Presidential candidates (RFK) being shot? Schools getting shot up by a depressed kid? Little kids accidentally shooting their playmates? What if it was your kid involved in an incident like that?

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 06-04-2012 at 09:03 PM..

Old 06-04-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
For being such a big expert on crime rates in the US, I don't see you posting any statistics. If Europeans and Canadians manage without handguns, why would Americans need them?
Maybe we like them and collect them. Maybe we hunt with them. Maybe we like to target shoot at the range. Maybe we like to carry one for self defense. ALL covered under The Constitution and the 2nd Amendment. Maybe we just want to buy one to make YOU mad. I'll do that next week! !~

Old 06-04-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:

It's easy for mental cases to get guns. There are gun markets that operate outside the legal verification system. And just because someone doesn't have a documented record of mental instability doesn't mean he or she is mentally stable.
Sure there is. ALL of which highly illegal and NOTHING anymore laws are going to do about it. At least since I can own one, I can shoot him for his masterminded plan in getting one when he shouldn't, should he decide to come after me or any other LEGAL firearm owner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies