Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 05:55 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
That guy is obviously a liberal posing as a Birther in an effort to discredit conservatives/Republicans/RedStaters even though Birthers are a small fringe group, and the vast majority of conservatives/Republicans/RedStaters don't buy into the Birther issue. But the Democrats/liberals use it to mainstream the issue and paint all conservatives/Republicans/RedStaters as crazy.

I'm tired of the constant false flag operations from the desperate Democrats. It's amazing to me that people still fall for these old political tricks.
Do you have any evidence that your claim is true or is this just another crazy conspiracy theory?

How can birthers be a small fringe group within the GOP when polls consistently indicate that 30-50% of Republicans don't believe Obama was born in the United States?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 06:00 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
So many that I am unable to count.
There seems to be quite a pile of birther whackos right here on this forum, but then everybody already knew that.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:02 PM

140 posts, read 94,314 times
Quote:
So many that I am unable to count.
One more time HistorianDude. How many alleged birthers have publically stated they want to behead or kill Obama? Be precise for the record.....that is assuming you are a actual historian with a Ph.D.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:03 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Do you have any evidence that your claim is true or is this just another crazy conspiracy theory?

How can birthers be a small fringe group within the GOP when polls consistently indicate that 30-50% of Republicans don't believe Obama was born in the United States?
I could pass conterfeit Benjamins on you people, because you'd never question the ink. That makes all of you marks. You know the saying "cheat me once shame on you, cheat me twice shame on me"... you guys are eager for a second go around.

I find this hillarious. Zombies have nothing over some of you.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:04 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Most people in the US, especially Democrats, believe that the Obama Birther Movement was started by Republicans and or the Tea Party.
And they would be correct. Here is the actual story, complete with links to the posts and online forums that prove the claims:

The Secret Origin of the Birthers: Birth Of A Notion

Barackryphal: Secret Origin, Part 2

Bettina Viviano's silly story does not hold up to even the most cursory critical examination. First and foremost, even her timeline does not account for Birthism already being pandemic on right-wing conservative blogs long before her imaginary conference call. Further, her contention that somehow the Clintons were threatened into silence is absurd given that there are no shortage of other people who have gone full Birther without any of them ever getting wacked. And finally more wacky is her assertion that they held back out of fear... yet blabbed about it on a conference call with (among who knows how many other people) a Hollywood producer.

Neither of the Clintons nor anyone actually associated with their campaign has ever questioned the president's eligibility. And nobody else from the imaginary conference call appears to have any memory of the bombshell Viviano only "remembered" years later.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:06 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Why are you concluding that all or even most birthers agree with him? You realize there were nutty Bush-haters who called for his execution, don't you?

Cafferty Highlights Viewer Who Wants Bush 'Executed for Treason' | NewsBusters.org
No, the Bush-haters only called for his impeachment for lying to Congress about WMD in Iraq, an impeachable offense, and in his case, a documented one.

Judging by all the threads a few weeks ago urging members here to get their guns to fight Obama's race war, and the posts saying Blacks should be exterminated, I'd say birthers and their trigger-happy colleagues are pretty dangerous and deranged.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawyer Disciple View Post
One more time HistorianDude. How many alleged birthers have publically stated they want to behead or kill Obama?
If you want a better answer, you need to ask better questions. I have already told you, more than I can count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawyer Disciple
Be precise for the record.....that is assuming you are a actual historian with a Ph.D.
What would lead you to hallucinate I had a PhD in history? I am a family historian with a BS in Aerospace Engineering, an MBA, and starting work on my JD as we speak.

I am no more a PhD historian than you are a Buckeye Battle Cry.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:09 PM

140 posts, read 94,314 times
Quote:
And they would be correct. Here is the actual story, complete with links to the posts and online forums that prove the claims:

The Secret Origin of the Birthers: Birth Of A Notion

Barackryphal: Secret Origin, Part 2

Bettina Viviano's silly story does not hold up to even the most cursory critical examination. First and foremost, even her timeline does not account for Birthism already being pandemic on right-wing conservative blogs long before her imaginary conference call. Further, her contention that somehow the Clintons were threatened into silence is absurd given that there are no shortage of other people who have gone full Birther without any of them ever getting wacked. And finally more wacky is her assertion that they held back out of fear... yet blabbed about it on a conference call with (among who knows how many other people) a Hollywood producer.

Neither of the Clintons nor anyone actually associated with their campaign has ever questioned the president's eligibility. And nobody else from the imaginary conference call appears to have any memory of the bombshell Viviano only "remembered" years later.
That website is a fanatical Obama supporting liberal website. It has no credibility.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawyer Disciple View Post
That website is a fanatical Obama supporting liberal website. It has no credibility.
He is a Southern conservative and would no more support or vote for Obama than you would.

He has a vast amount of credibility, and more importantly, he proves his positions with links to the sources for his research.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:15 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Responding to your added edition:

Where has Jeremiah Wright ever said he "hates white people" or that "they should be removed from existence?" He certainly said nothing close in the video you posted, rendering its inclusion inexplicable.
I note that steven_h could not or would not respond to your question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies