Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 09:11 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The USS Illinois. I guess this is one of the perks when liberals get to be in charge or our military they can conduct as many social experiments they wish and ensure our military is PC. Is the USS Cesar Chavez crewed by an all hispanic crew? Wonder what the USS Harvey Milk's crew will consist of?

"First Lady Michelle Obama has agreed to sponsor a future submarine named after her home state that will be staffed by an all-female crew. The White House has announced that Mrs Obama has accepted an invitation to be the backer of the USS Illinois, a Virginia-class submarine being built in Groton, Connecticut, and Newport News, Virginia.

The new nuclear-powered boat is expected to join the fleet in late 2015."

Read more: Michelle Obama sponsors first-ever ALL-FEMALE nuclear submarine named after her home state of Illinois | Mail Online

That's hot.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 09:13 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times
Real hot.

Lauren Holly in Down Periscope / Mission Rohr Frei - YouTube

Old 06-01-2012, 10:15 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,896,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Up to now big hairy balls have been required for combat so maybe you do need them for sub duty.
You been in combat?
All it takes is heart.
I've seen big hairy balls disappear more than once ...
All it takes is heart.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:26 PM

9 posts, read 12,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It makes a lot more sense than a mixed gender crew. Women should not be on subs with men.
The Australians do it and they are fine with them. It is called being mature about it. If people were mature about it, then this can happen. But, fast boats (SSN's) were designed to efficiently allow women to berth and bathe in privacy.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:02 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
All hands on deck.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:34 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,502,108 times
My old post was apparently deleted, which is odd, because it was relevant. Anyway, women can already serve on submarines, and some already do.

And it looks like Fox changed their article.

This is what's currently linked

But the Google search still states lists Fox New's article as an "all female submarine crew."

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
That's hot.
One of my favorite movies of all time, Down Periscope. I could it all day. It's one of my favorite movies to watch if I can't think of another one to watch.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:41 PM

9 posts, read 12,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
My old post was apparently deleted, which is odd, because it was relevant. Anyway, women can already serve on submarines, and some already do.

And it looks like Fox changed their article.

This is what's currently linked

But the Google search still states lists Fox New's article as an "all female submarine crew."

One of my favorite movies of all time, Down Periscope. I could it all day. It's one of my favorite movies to watch if I can't think of another one to watch.
Women are currently going the schools and being groomed to serve on submarines in the USA. Some foreign countries already do it. Read the link I posted earlier. There is much more on that blog with articles associated with female submarines. Including one already kicked out the service for having relations with a COB (Chief of the Boat).
My link explains allot about all the articles that were mistyped.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:43 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,510 times
Quote:
The USS Illinois. I guess this is one of the perks when liberals get to be in charge or our military they can conduct as many social experiments they wish and ensure our military is PC. Is the USS Cesar Chavez crewed by an all hispanic crew? Wonder what the USS Harvey Milk's crew will consist of?

"First Lady Michelle Obama has agreed to sponsor a future submarine named after her home state that will be staffed by an all-female crew. The White House has announced that Mrs Obama has accepted an invitation to be the backer of the USS Illinois, a Virginia-class submarine being built in Groton, Connecticut, and Newport News, Virginia.

The new nuclear-powered boat is expected to join the fleet in late 2015."

Read more: Michelle Obama sponsors first-ever ALL-FEMALE nuclear submarine named after her home state of Illinois | Mail Online

Chuckling here. I thought the subject line was a joke! seriously....and am still not convinced that this will ever come to pass. That date is a very long time away in this modern world where things are changing oh, so quickly.
We'll see.....

Old 06-02-2012, 01:57 AM

27,137 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
No the real question is does it make a damn bit of difference as long as the crew is effective in carrying out its missions?

You don't fulfill the needs of our country with a social experiment.
This is some screwed up thinking.

Old 06-02-2012, 04:45 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
The question you need to answer is why.
The question YOU need to answer is WHY NOT?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies