Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 07:57 AM

10,567 posts, read 12,773,809 times

Advertisements

Yah and race is not the same as sex. Civil rights are about freedom...about the right to security- to food- to shelter and to having a life that is free from harassment. Same sex couples are NOT stopped from being with each other. People will NOT harass a same sex couple...nor deny them food or shelter...Now if gays had arrived in America in chains as forced labor then I could see a parallel. Most gays are middle class folks who because of the luxury of middle class entitlement- can toy around with matters warping age old institutions.....BLACKS who suffered and were tormented beyond belief have earned their stripes and civil rights through real brutal struggle . Same sexers are a spoiled little bunch of white brats who want to pretend they are the same as black slaves? Blacks resent the comparison.

How is a black person who's grandfather was lynched and who's grand mother was systemically raped -feel when they are compared to someone who's biggest problem who and how they have sex?

There is a big difference between being enslaved and beaten half to death - to being teased about sleeping with a girl when you are a girl- or being frowned upon because you are a man who likes men- Gay is a trivia compared to slavery and real civil rights. No one is stopping gays from doing what they want- where as masters did stop their slaves from escape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 08:08 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,116,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I don't know why this country is so obsessed with this. How can it bother someone so much that 2 men or 2 women have sexual attractions to each other.???Its them, not you! Its their life not yours. Why do you want to take away their right to a happy life. How selfish of you and not to mention how cruel of you.
It's ignorant & selfish to only think of oneself & not others, especially children, who suffer most from being denied a mother or father.

This thread is not about allowing others to get off on sexual deviations.
If they kept what they did behind closed doors, there wouldn't be such public concern.
Yet, they insist on trying to legally force all of us to honor their sexual deviations.
They insist on indoctrinating children in schools, regarding homosexuality.
Many have harassed me & others regarding this & we don't want a minority to take over any aspect of the legal system, thereby denying our rights to freedom of speech, freedom of religion & other rights.

If they were fighting for something healthy, that would be one thing, but this is not healthy. The gay agenda is full of lies - obvious lies - like what is natural & not... even denying their own natural way of being conceived! To base laws on lies is ridiculous & harmful & I & others will do what we can to ensure that truth & the good of society wins over legallizing lies that involve medically, psychologically & socially harmful behavior.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:18 AM

642 posts, read 1,110,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
It's ignorant & selfish to only think of oneself & not others, especially children, who suffer most from being denied a mother or father.

If they kept what they did behind closed doors, there wouldn't be such public concern.
Yet, they insist on trying to legally force all of us to honor their sexual deviations.
Many have harassed me & others regarding this & we don't want a minority to take over any aspect of the legal system, thereby denying our rights to freedom of speech, freedom of religion & other rights.

If they were fighting for something healthy, that would be one thing, but this is not healthy. The gay agenda is full of lies - obvious lies - like what is natural & not... even denying their own natural way of being conceived! To base laws on lies is ridiculous & harmful & I & others will do what we can to ensure that truth & the good of society wins over legallizing lies that involve medically, psychologically & socially harmful behavior.
Seriously you have 100+ posts on homosexuality, why does it cause you so much concern? I'd say that your obsession with the issue isn't natural or healthy. And for what it's worth, you're not winning anyone over.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:25 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,914,347 times
Civil Rights:

Rights to personal liberty established by the 13th and 14th Amendments to the U.S. constitution and certain Congressional acts, especially as applied to an individual or a minority group.

Are Gays a majority? If not then it's a Civil Rights issue.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:31 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,914,347 times
Quote:

Sexual deviations? Says who? Just curious.

Heterosexual sex is EVERYWHERE. Why not keep that behind closed doors? Why the difference?

Old 06-01-2012, 08:35 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,463,339 times
Quote:
Civil Rights are not the same thing as Same Sex Marriage

I disagree.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:52 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,668,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
You and I finally agree. Amazing. This approach by gay activists has always bothered me. I find it especially troublesome since WITHIN the gay community, black gays are discriminated against...so I hear.

Maybe someone black who is part of the gay community can attest to this, confirm or deny.
I'm both a (liberal)Christian black person apart of thr LGBT community and yes people of color are discriminated against in the gay community. It's actually quite alarming but then I remember this is reality and discrimination is nothing new. A simple google search can lead you to blogs of people and their stories of color discrimination in that subculture but it mostly happens to men.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:47 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,018,549 times
Quote:
LogicIsYourFriend...
Some preferences are healthy & some are not.
Now you change your argument. I responded to you saying that same sex marriage would be a privilege. You apparently now agree. Seems your just spouting random arguments to support your completely emotionally-based position. Go figure.
Quote:
Legislatures' responsibility is to create laws that support behavior that is best for society.
Those who are acting responsibly don't legalize behavior known (statistically & medically) to be harmful, as homosexual practices have shown to be.
Absolutely false garbage, and no surprise you have no link to back up this horrifyingly wrong and biased claim.
Quote:
One's preference to be married & have sex with the opposite sex is natural & healthy, both medically & socially. Heterosexual couples can and do reproduce children. Just as children need a mother & father to EXIST, they also need both a mother and father to best thrive.

Trying to equate 2 men with a man & a woman is simply not the same, so there's no comparison. It's like you're trying to use your driver's licence for a hunting licence - each licence serves different purposes & are not the same thing at all.

Those with homosexual preferences have the "equal" right to enter into contracts, specific to their preferences. Under laws like common law marriage & cohabitation agreements & wills, they can include their significant other regarding their personal affairs. But to legally redefine REALITY (how each of us came to exist - that each child needs a mother & father & that is why marriage is defined as such), is to cator to the minority is denying others rights.
ALL children have the RIGHT to be raised by a mother and father, just as billions others have the right to be.
How are you going to fulfill a right for a child to be raised by a mother and a father for children who, say, have a deceased parent? Your arguments make no sense, and especially do not support your earlier position that same sex marriage would be a privilege that you don't currently have.

Now you see that your marriage is a privilege that same sex couples don't get. Ya one can pay thousands of dollars and jump through hoops for the same legal rights, but that's just cruel to make people do all that simply because they are gay. Not to mention unequal and unfair.

I don't understand why you hate gays marrying so much, as if it does anything to you.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:19 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,525,069 times
Quote:
This is illogical because rights are not based on the whims of people.
They can't be. Laws are for the common good of society.
Legal marriage is primarly to protect the future society: children.

Where does giving rights based on sexual deviations end?
Should those who prefer to have sex with many people in orgies have the same rights as those who prefer monogomy?
Should those who prefer to have sex with children have the same rights as those who prefer adults?

Don't you realize how illogical & harmful it is to try to legislate based on a minority's feelings and sexual deviations?

Premise incorrect.

1. You presume everyone gets married to have children, many do not especially today. Many prefer to be child-free

2. Rights given to human beings to be equal, civilly, is a legal issue. You cannot legislate your morality.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:31 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,217,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Civil Rights:

Rights to personal liberty established by the 13th and 14th Amendments to the U.S. constitution and certain Congressional acts, especially as applied to an individual or a minority group.

Are Gays a majority? If not then it's a Civil Rights issue.
Quoting for accuracy.

Homosexuals are a minority, both male and female. This is a civil rights issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies