Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 07:34 PM

197 posts, read 299,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Doesn't matter if it is the "left" god - as long as a belief in some higher power is professed. Think of it like a 12 Step program - the second step and third steps involve placing trust in God - as one sees him.

Hows about NO. Now what do you think you're gonna do about it?

Like I said ....

It's YOUR Hell , you go burn in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 07:35 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,999,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninAmok View Post
Hows about NO. Now what do you think you're gonna do about it?
NO? New Orleans?

Old 06-02-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Ok - what does "our" refer to? If I had to guess - I would say atheists - because that is the topic of the thread - but I don't see how atheists civil rights have been "eroded".

Not yet , but YOU are advocating such removal. YOUR hell will freeze over before *I* will be coerced into what you're speaking of.

Sorry but you have ZERO right to force your beliefs on others.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:37 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,999,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninAmok View Post
Not yet , but YOU are advocating such removal. YOUR hell will freeze over before *I* will be coerced into what you're speaking of.

Sorry but you have ZERO right to force your beliefs on others.
Uhhh...what are my beliefs - as you see them - and how am I "forcing" them on anybody?

Old 06-02-2012, 07:44 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,368,183 times
[quote=RoninAmok;24575435]Not yet , but YOU are advocating such removal. YOUR hell will freeze over before *I* will be coerced into what you're speaking of.

Sorry but you have ZERO right to force your beliefs on others.[
/quote]

And you have ZERO right to force YOUR beliefs on others.

I'd say it's a wash...

Old 06-02-2012, 09:07 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,467,366 times
Quote:
Meh... they could do this - but it wouldn't be very honest. On the other hand - we are discussing politicians...!
Exactly.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:06 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,815 times

Old 06-03-2012, 07:44 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles45 View Post
Yes.

I never claimed to be any better at mathematics than I was. On the other hand, ignorance while thinking oneself knowledgeable is the ultimate stupidity.
Do you ever read your own posts? YOU are the one who claims to be all knowledgable about what is best for our country (only Christians should be allowed to hold office) because "the US was founded on Christians principles," while ignoring (choosing ignorance) the many cogent arguments to the contrary.

Choosing to remain ignorant in the face of compelling FACTS, now that is the the real definition of stupidity.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:54 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,882,036 times
Goombhanian myself. Our faith requires us to regularly sacrifice the fatted calf and the fermented crops of the field. Our wives think our faith is simply an excuse to get drunk and barbeque.

I have converted several atheists into the Goombhanian faith.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Uhhh...what are my beliefs - as you see them - and how am I "forcing" them on anybody?

When you endorse a requirement that elected officials profess Christianity , or indeed a belief in a Deity PERIOD you're forcing your beliefs on others.

When you come on here and act in a self-superior , smarmy and snotty manner and denigrate others based on *their* religion beliefs or lack of them you are FORCING your belief on others.

And you rationalise this with your programmed mindset of " they aren't Xtians so they're lesser than I am.".........

And it comes through quite clearly , that disdain and lack of respect for others the same respect that you DEMAND.

Not only is your attitude and how you conduct yourself directly in opposition to the Bible itself , it is also inherently a conflict-producing path.

YOU don't tell *me* what to do , now does ANY other Xtian And you have NO answer for me because I *came from your world* , which is of course why you won't go anywhere near the Scriptures or actual discussion of theology or doctrine with me.

Quite simply it comes down to this , there would be NO damn conflict if Xtianit would clean up it's own damn house first and quit sticking it's nose in other folks business.

Simple as that , it really is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies