Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2012, 07:03 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Lost my business, as well as Home Depo.
How about Microsoft, Google and Apple?

Are you going to stop using your computer and the internet?

Or do you protest only when it doesnt inconvenience you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Of course to go against the stated will of the People once again.

Society has a right to determine it's standards and it has but some don't like that.
Quote:
Q- What State by vote of the people has ever allowed it?

A- None
You mean like interracial marriage?

It wasn't until the mid 1990's that just slightly more than 50% of Americans were in favor of legalizing interacial marriage. 30 years AFTER it was legalised in all states by the Supreme Court. (Not a vote by the people)

73% were against it at the time it was legalised in 1967.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:11 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Ignorant? Did you not put condoms on bananas in school?
What does that have to do with gay men posing in an ad, or teaching gay sex acts for that matter? They taught me how to put condoms on a penis, and I'm a female... so by your logic, they're actually teaching heterosexual sex acts in schools. Oh, and that was back in the '80s.

Do you have a problem with teaching safer sex? If so, yikes is all I can say!

Old 06-02-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Reasoning?
He was being sarcastic...

Old 06-02-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
I am probably gonna catch hell for this one but first, let me say, I am not anti gay but am becoming worn out and tired of gays always having to PROVE a point..their point. Truth be told, if they would just live their lives as hetrosexuals do..PRIVATELY, then perhaps the anti gays wouldn't be so difficult for them to deal with. Do any of you see a hetrosexual working for J.C. Penny under the headline that "Hetrosexual Men posing with their children on Father's Day"? NO, of course not. Is J.C. Penny slow on sales of men's clothing to the point where they have to go after the biggest poliitical issue out there now and put something like this out there?? Just once, I want to see a big HOORAH over someone being Hetrosexual..good grief!!
You mean like this?

JCPenney: gift registry

Old 06-02-2012, 07:20 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
He was being sarcastic...
Gosh darnit, we got smilies for a reason, people!

Old 06-02-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Your opinion is based on scientific findings by often, if not definitely biased research participants. Funny thing about science in that it can be like poll questions, and bring about results according to how and what it looks for.
Science is always "biased" to those who don't like the results... and I knew you'd say that, LOL. I rarely bother presenting well-researched studies to conservatives anymore, because this is always the reply. Always. It could be directly from the NIH, and you'd still cry bias!

Quote:
My posts are based upon homosexuals that have been in my orbit, some of them very, very close, some that married into the family and some that were friends and aquaintances. They said the truths before gay militancy took over. They didn't lie to me.

Now that the political push has mostly succeeded for the gay movement, some of them are just quiet, one is militant himself and wishing to not discuss "his reality" of his twenties and younger, etc. Others yet have moved on and we are no longer in contact.

Not all gays are alike, shock shock. Some don't claim to have been born that way. If some gays insist they were born that way, fine with me. THEY do not speak for all gays. They can't.

No, no one is a liar for posting their beliefs.
You're lecturing me about gays not all being the same? Oh, that's rich.

Of course they're not all the same, but your friends who claim to be choosing their sexuality are most certainly in the minority - and likely in denial or bisexual, as nobody (and I mean nobody) can change orientation like that. You can force yourself into performing certain acts and behaviors, but humans cannot control their innate attractions. I don't need science to tell me that either, it's just common sense to anyone who's ever been sexually attracted to anyone else in their life.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBandit View Post
I think it's about time the rest of us start speaking up. Both extremes have taken over and shoved the rest of us normal folks out. If it's ok for two gay men to be on a JCP ad... why am I pushed aside and silenced for wanting to see some outdoor clothing perhaps while hunting or fishing? Double standards is what it's about. It becomes a real problem when you lose touch of "the common man" in favor of oddballs and outcasts. You don't even have a leg to stand on to fight your battle. That kind of descrimination is ok. Losing my morning appetite after seeing gay lovers while thumbing through the Sunday paper that is. I think they need to feature a hetrosexual male in a shot that reminds them...MOST OF US ARE REALLY LIKE THIS!
99.99999% of ads feature heterosexuals. What are you complaining about?

Old 06-02-2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBandit View Post
Do what you want to yourselves in your own bedroom. I don't have to look at it. When I have to look around two gay guys to see what I'm after in the bras and panties section, I don't like that! I'm sure many of the straight women don't want to see it either. It kind of puts them out in a way. Here's this company that thinks two men look better than "ME" "US". Not to me honey!!
Because REAL men always look at the women's bras and panties section.

Is this to check if they have them in your size and color?

Old 06-02-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It's comical how all your posts try so hard to prove yourself as being manly. Hint: Real men don't have to prove it and convince everyone else it's true.
LOL! I was thinking the same thing.

I'm not sure what 'burping, farting and spilling beer' has to do with being a REAL man though. Sounds more like a uncouth slob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies