Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 01:38 AM

30,286 posts, read 51,833,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You seem to have a problem with people forcing their views on others. Why is that you don't object to the gay army forcing their views on people?

Aren't you being just a slight bit selective in what you define as objectionable?
Maybe because they're not forcing anything on anyone? To exclude somebody is to force your beliefs or desires on them, to include is to give everyone the equal choice... you can either look at the ad or not, and you can either shop there or not. How does that sound like a forceful act to you?? I don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 02:09 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,222,916 times
Quote:
You seem to have a problem with people forcing their views on others. Why is that you don't object to the gay army forcing their views on people?

Aren't you being just a slight bit selective in what you define as objectionable?
I have a problem with ANYONE forcing their views on people. I don't defend the "gay army" as you like to use the vernacular when they do that. It doesn't help their cause and is a detriment to what they are striving for. Are there zealots in the LGBT community? Yes, of course there is but there's also zealots on the opposing side...far more than in the LGBT audience.

So no, I'm not being selective whatsoever. If a homosexual came on here and started telling everyone to this, that, and the other by forcing his or her view on us then I'd certainly object.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:12 AM

Quote:
The ads were disgusting - gay "parents" should not be promoted. There is a J.C. Penney 1 mile from my current location. They will not get my business until they change their position .
Parents are parents whether you like it or not. The ads were beautiful and well put together. I commend JC Penny on not buckling to a group of bullies who want to force their views on others and expect everyone to agree with them.

Gay parents, straight parents, irresponsible parents, druggie parents, hippie parents, bigoted parents...fit whatever label you want on people who happen to be parental figures. It doesn't change the fact that they are parents and shame are you for attempting to declassify a group of people as parents because you don't agree with their life style.

You know damn well the heterosexual community has far more inadequacies inside than what's supposedly wrong with the LBGT community. How about you focus on your own problems then worry about others, huh?

Oh and JC Pennies won't be missing your business because they never will change their position just for you or any one else. It's a new day and modern age. Get with the times.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:13 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,956,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
I have a problem with ANYONE forcing their views on people. I don't defend the "gay army" as you like to use the vernacular when they do that. It doesn't help their cause and is a detriment to what they are striving for. Are there zealots in the LGBT community? Yes, of course there is but there's also zealots on the opposing side...far more than in the LGBT audience.

So no, I'm not being selective whatsoever. If a homosexual came on here and started telling everyone to this, that, and the other by forcing his or her view on us then I'd certainly object.
Odd that someone who supposedly had me ignored a month or so a go is now responding to my posts.

Maybe what I have to say is to spot on to be ignored.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Odd that someone who supposedly had me ignored a month or so a go is now responding to my posts.

Maybe what I have to say is to spot on to be ignored.
If you say so. Your bigotry and ignorance is astounding and I figured you'd creep in here only to be proven wrong time and again by me. Anyway, get back on topic or don't post in this thread. Thanks.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Maybe because they're not forcing anything on anyone? To exclude somebody is to force your beliefs or desires on them, to include is to give everyone the equal choice... you can either look at the ad or not, and you can either shop there or not. How does that sound like a forceful act to you?? I don't get it.
Shhh! Shh! That makes too much sense! His bigotry-fueled logic and ignorance intelligence, what little he has, won't be able to comprehend such common sense! Shh!

Old 06-17-2012, 06:28 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,354,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderAgeVoterRussian View Post
I guess the Christianity is out of the picture?
Why would you assume those families in the ads aren't Christians?

Old 06-17-2012, 06:35 AM

Quote:
The ads were disgusting - gay "parents" should not be promoted. There is a J.C. Penney 1 mile from my current location. They will not get my business until they change their position .
I found the ads delightful. Quite typical of the other gay and lesbian parents and families I know.

As a gay mom, no doubt you think I'm 'disgusting' too.

Not that I give two hoots about the opinions of intolerant, ignorant, close-minded bigots like the One 'Million' *cough AFA propaganda* Moms and others who think that ads of happy families are 'disgusting' just because the parents are gay or lesbian.

Apparently JC Penney doesn't care either.

Last edited by Ceist; 06-17-2012 at 07:00 AM..

Old 06-17-2012, 06:44 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,371,847 times
Quote:
gay "parents" should not be promoted.
Are you ready to tell us why? I bet not.

Here's something else you're sure to find "disgusting" and not to be promoted:

Education.

Education!

You know?

Actual reasons to take a side, as opposed to those secret non-reasons you can't bring yourself to share.

Take special note of a passage you can find via that second link:

Quote:
The authors found that children raised by lesbian mothers — whether the mother was partnered or single — scored very similarly to children raised by heterosexual parents on measures of development and social behavior. These findings were expected, the authors said; however, they were surprised to discover that children in lesbian homes scored higher than kids in straight families on some psychological measures of self-esteem and confidence, did better academically and were less likely to have behavioral problems, such as rule-breaking and aggression.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Are you ready to tell us why? I bet not.

Here's something else you're sure to find "disgusting" and not to be promoted:

Education.

Education!

You know?

Actual reasons to take a side, as opposed to those secret non-reasons you can't bring yourself to share.

Take special note of a passage you can find via that second link:

[color=#000000]
I just wanted to post the picture of two lesbian moms and their child from one of your links, so people can see just how 'disgusting' they are:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies