Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 05:31 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times

Advertisements

Confirmed: US and Israel created Stuxnet, lost control of it | Ars Technica

In 2011, the US government rolled out its "International Strategy for Cyberspace," which reminded us that "interconnected networks link nations more closely, so an attack on one nation’s networks may have impact far beyond its borders." An in-depth report today from the New York Times confirms the truth of that statement as it finally lays bare the history and development of the Stuxnet virus—and how it accidentally escaped from the Iranian nuclear facility that was its target.

From his first months in office, President Obama secretly ordered increasingly sophisticated attacks on the computer systems that run Iran’s main nuclear enrichment facilities, significantly expanding America’s first sustained use of cyberweapons, according to participants in the program.

At least the USA ain't vulnerable, right?
Stuxnet-style SCADA attack kept quiet after US gov tests ? The Register

Oh dear.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:43 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
I guess the motto is "Hack them before they hack us"
And here we cry about China trying to hack our systems.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:55 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,313,098 times
Well if we we shut down the Nulcear program and not have to go bomb the facility so then no one would get hurt and yet we still we stop Irans nuclear program so it is unable to restrart since the conputer locked them out and would be a win-win

Old 06-01-2012, 05:55 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
If I were the Iranians my nuclear facilities and their computers would be physically separated from the rest of the net. As they are not stupid or foolish I assume they have taken steps to prevent this enemy hacking.

I am appalled by our actions. We have no reason, aside from paranoid Israelis and megalomaniacal Pentagon and State Department spooks, to take any actions against Iran. We should welcome their efforts to provide their country with nuclear energy so the oil is available for sale in the future.

I do not see why we support the Israeli colonizers in the Mid East or the Saudi Royal Family. Both are playing us for fools. They do not have our interests in mind and are just milking us for funds and money. I think we should let them, and the rest of their tribes, settle their differences without our interference.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:59 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,526,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Confirmed: US and Israel created Stuxnet, lost control of it | Ars Technica

In 2011, the US government rolled out its "International Strategy for Cyberspace," which reminded us that "interconnected networks link nations more closely, so an attack on one nation’s networks may have impact far beyond its borders." An in-depth report today from the New York Times confirms the truth of that statement as it finally lays bare the history and development of the Stuxnet virus—and how it accidentally escaped from the Iranian nuclear facility that was its target.

From his first months in office, President Obama secretly ordered increasingly sophisticated attacks on the computer systems that run Iran’s main nuclear enrichment facilities, significantly expanding America’s first sustained use of cyberweapons, according to participants in the program.

At least the USA ain't vulnerable, right?
Stuxnet-style SCADA attack kept quiet after US gov tests ? The Register

Oh dear.

If that report is true, I'm glad we have a President who is not afraid to use every tool at his disposal, and especially one which might preclude risking the lives of our soldiers.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:04 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If I were the Iranians my nuclear facilities and their computers would be physically separated from the rest of the net. As they are not stupid or foolish I assume they have taken steps to prevent this enemy hacking.

I am appalled by our actions. We have no reason, aside from paranoid Israelis and megalomaniacal Pentagon and State Department spooks, to take any actions against Iran. We should welcome their efforts to provide their country with nuclear energy so the oil is available for sale in the future.

I do not see why we support the Israeli colonizers in the Mid East or the Saudi Royal Family. Both are playing us for fools. They do not have our interests in mind and are just milking us for funds and money. I think we should let them, and the rest of their tribes, settle their differences without our interference.
Israeli colonizers? Seriously? Dude, get a clue about 4000 years of Jewish history before opening your trap. Good lord.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:19 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
If that report is true, I'm glad we have a President who is not afraid to use every tool at his disposal, and especially one which might preclude risking the lives of our soldiers.
Ars Technica is a pretty good site. Isn't a political rag. They do computer science and stuff. The article is about the technical side of it. The President attacking Iran is kind of incidental to the techno babble. I bet I know how they did it. I've seen it done before. Infect a couple of USB sticks and "lose" them in various spots...sidewalk.. cafe... park bench.
Some idiot is gonna find it, wonder what's on it, and is gonna stick it in his work PC to check it out. *BAM* You're infected.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:29 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Good coding.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:44 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
I am quite aware of "4,000 years of Jewish History". The Jews kicked out the original inhabitants and claimed it was "God's Will". They then conveniently forgot that "what is done by you can be done to you." Most of the current inhabitants of Israel are from Eastern Europe of direct descendants of those people. They are the colonizers and treat the Palestinians like natives to be exploited for the greater greed of the colonizers.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:54 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am quite aware of "4,000 years of Jewish History". The Jews kicked out the original inhabitants and claimed it was "God's Will". They then conveniently forgot that "what is done by you can be done to you." Most of the current inhabitants of Israel are from Eastern Europe of direct descendants of those people. They are the colonizers and treat the Palestinians like natives to be exploited for the greater greed of the colonizers.
Why don't you do a little more research and find out who the "Palestinians" are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies