U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 09:01 AM

10,946 posts, read 8,256,113 times

Advertisements

While I admit that I have not read the entire book yet, I was wondering what comments are out there concerning this book.

Any comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 09:05 AM

23,851 posts, read 19,854,449 times
I'm in the process of reading it right now.....about 2/3 finished. All I can say is that the book is a gigantic damnation of Barack Obama and his inexperienced White House. Everything i've read reinforces the notions that I had before reading the book. A total catastrophe this Administration is, and surprisingly lots and lots of people close to Obama and Michelle were willing to give their very frank insight into this President. Trust me, it's not flattering to the President.

It's a riveting book, but I highly doubt any of the liberals on this forum are objective enough to even think of reading it. They're too scared to pull back the curtains and shed sunlight on the places where they'd prefer darkness.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 29 days ago)

58,182 posts, read 40,987,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'm in the process of reading it right now.....about 2/3 finished. All I can say is that the book is a gigantic damnation of Barack Obama and his inexperienced White House. Everything i've read reinforces the notions that I had before reading the book. A total catastrophe this Administration is, and surprisingly lots and lots of people close to Obama and Michelle were willing to give their very frank insight into this President. Trust me, it's not flattering to the President.

It's a riveting book, but I highly doubt any of the liberals on this forum are objective enough to even think of reading it. They're too scared to pull back the curtains and shed sunlight on the places where they'd prefer darkness.

Why bother?

I think re-electing Obama is the worst thing we could do...............................EXCEPT putting another saber rattling ChickenS**T ChickenHawk in the White House which would be infinitely worse.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Why bother?

I think re-electing Obama is the worst thing we could do...............................EXCEPT putting another saber rattling ChickenS**T ChickenHawk in the White House which would be infinitely worse.
You don't want to "bother" educating yourself as to what the opposition is saying/doing, but are content to hurl unjustified insults as your sole means of political debate?

Old 06-01-2012, 09:43 AM

29,988 posts, read 37,214,479 times
I don't need to purchase or read a book to understand what a disaster Obama has been to this country. We are living the nightmare and our children and grandchildren will be stuck with the tab and grow up with less personal liberty as a result of statists and their large central government ways.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
You don't want to "bother" educating yourself as to what the opposition is saying/doing, but are content to hurl unjustified insults as your sole means of political debate?
What unjustified insult?

Romney supported the Vietnam War/draft while conveniently avoiding both.

As far as I'm concerned that makes him a ChickenS**T ChckenHawk, a real warrior just as long as it doesn't mean putting his sorry ass on the line and nothing but a potential disaster if placed in command.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I don't need to purchase or read a book to understand what a disaster Obama has been to this country. We are living the nightmare and our children and grandchildren will be stuck with the tab and grow up with less personal liberty as a result of statists and their large central government ways.
What personal liberties has anyone lost since 1/20/09 ?

Old 06-01-2012, 10:18 AM

29,988 posts, read 37,214,479 times
Quote:
How many times must it be pointed out to you about the Obama administration and the signing of the Patriot Act (permanently), NDAA, and many of Obama's Executive orders having virtually gutted the 4, 5th & 6th amendments of the US Constitution as well as now part of the 1st Amendment freedom of speech (anywhere the Secret Sefvice may be present). Additionally, the ever surging national debt places future generations into financial servitude to the state. Really, try to keep up with what this administration is doing. My mistake, I took you for being more informed.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
What unjustified insult?

Romney supported the Vietnam War/draft while conveniently avoiding both.

As far as I'm concerned that makes him a ChickenS**T ChckenHawk, a real warrior just as long as it doesn't mean putting his sorry ass on the line and nothing but a potential disaster if placed in command.
Would that be like Obama talking about taking the hard line in Libya, Iraq and Afghanistan while avoiding a personal involvement in any of them? Talk about a disaster being placed in command, and not "potential".

Old 06-01-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
How abou7t the right to disagree with Obama without being put on his enemy list?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or